Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ok

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
DR,is see where your coming from tbh,will see where this seasons takes me,my lad already dropping down leagues and going back to old grounds because they have terracing,and you can have banter and pyro without the hassle and he is only 16!!!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Going to give it a few games this season and then cancel my season ticket if it all seems a bit sterile.

I've experienced better atmospheres at school nativity plays compared to some games last year.

I actually love the away games at the classic down trodden grounds like Peterborough and Palace.

Local football at Peacehaven is the path for me now I feel

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've experienced better atmospheres at school nativity plays compared to some games last year.

That is probably true, however the Goldstone had pretty rubbish atmosphere at times. Watching an away game, particularly at places like Peterborough is always a fantastic experience. Even with a couple of hundred Brighton at somewhere like Bury on a cold November evening, the atmosphere is often better than a home match. I think overall, the vibe at the Amex is massively better than at the Goldstone.

Jan 30, 2008
DR,is see where your coming from tbh,will see where this seasons takes me,my lad already dropping down leagues and going back to old grounds because they have terracing,and you can have banter and pyro without the hassle and he is only 16!!!
not a bad thing empire , CAN'T SEE THE MERRY GO ROUND OF TOP FLIGHT PRO FOOTBALL GOING ON FOREVER bubbles got to burst sometime . glad i was around to sample" REAL FOOTBALL "SPOKEN TO QUITE A FEW PEOPLE AND MOST ARE IN AGREEMENT BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME WANTING TO STICK IT OUT. EACH TO THEIR OWN EH
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
That is probably true, however the Goldstone had pretty rubbish atmosphere at times. Watching an away game, particularly at places like Peterborough is always a fantastic experience. Even with a couple of hundred Brighton at somewhere like Bury on a cold November evening, the atmosphere is often better than a home match. I think overall, the vibe at the Amex is massively better than at the Goldstone.
need to get away from the Goldstone/Amex debate, this about going to football in general
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
need to get away from the Goldstone/Amex debate, this about going to football in general
regards
DR

That's a fair point and to be honest, I would much rather have the opportunity to pay on the day as stated already or more importantly stand. Can't beat standing on a terrace imo for atmosphere. But as I am a Brighton fan, I couldn't contemplate going to support Eastbourne, Lewes etc. Nothing against them or those that choose to do so, but I personally couldn't.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You know me Das, we've spoken about it.
I'm addicted, been around the Albion too long to let go

Same as that. Love the Amex though. How can't you after Withdean & Gillingham?
Stewards have always been the same; all seaters just make life easier for them, plus the odd jobsworth with a bit of power.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Amex is a bit...soulless...too squeaky clean and corporate. It'll settle down in a few years and become more fun once the JCLs have turned into real fans.

I'm not arsed if I get scolded for saying this but the new fans are still a bit up their own backsides and don't let their hair down. They will. All the tutting and "sit down I can't see" nonsense in the ESL is typical of my point.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
not a bad thing empire , CAN'T SEE THE MERRY GO ROUND OF TOP FLIGHT PRO FOOTBALL GOING ON FOREVER bubbles got to burst sometime . glad i was around to sample" REAL FOOTBALL "SPOKEN TO QUITE A FEW PEOPLE AND MOST ARE IN AGREEMENT BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME WANTING TO STICK IT OUT. EACH TO THEIR OWN EH
regards
DR

I was around when as you call it "real football" was about, but people have to move on, football matches as it was in the late 60s and 70s would not have lasted at all, I do agree the money involved is disgusting, but if a club wants success it has to run with it's competitors, that or stay a small club with little or nothing going for it.

Like everything in life, things move on, the whole football culture has moved on, do I agree with it? no I don't! but I or many others won't change it (not unless we all just don't go to a any games ever) there is way to much money involved now, when any one human being is paid £250,000 a week for playing a game of football, it underlines what a stupid world we live in!

I suppose to sum it up...............I agree with you, very rare I admit :lol:

My apologies for my ignorant comment above, about not affording a ST, it was not called for and I do apologise.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm not arsed if I get scolded for saying this but the new fans are still a bit up their own backsides and don't let their hair down. They will. All the tutting and "sit down I can't see" nonsense in the ESL is typical of my point.

Why don't you sit (or stand) in the north? It's odd that you think you should be able to stand in the east.

Jan 30, 2008
I was around when as you call it "real football" was about, but people have to move on, football matches as it was in the late 60s and 70s would not have lasted at all, I do agree the money involved is disgusting, but if a club wants success it has to run with it's competitors, that or stay a small club with little or nothing going for it.

Like everything in life, things move on, the whole football culture has moved on, do I agree with it? no I don't! but I or many others won't change it (not unless we all just don't go to a any games ever) there is way to much money involved now, when any one human being is paid £250,000 a week for playing a game of football, it underlines what a stupid world we live in!

I suppose to sum it up...............I agree with you, very rare I admit :lol:

My apologies for my ignorant comment above, about not affording a ST, it was not called for and I do apologise.
no offence taken but i thought that comment alone summed football up today :wink:
regards
DR

albionite

May 20, 2009
Is this thread a bunch of old men saying "oh it wasn't like this in my day" same goes for most things. I still love watching Albion play... It's not just the game. It's meeting up with friends before hand, having a few beers, football then more beers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here