Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh help me parenting gurus of NSC.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Take him somewhere he likes just you and him talk to him slowly let him know how much he has hurt you Tell him you love him But if he steals again this will be the last time you and him can share moments like this Explain the thing about trust between the two of you Let him Let him know what people really think of thieves Tell him there has to be trust between the two of you

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
When my son was about 4 or 5 I noticed the odd pound going missing after I had thrown my change on the side and asked by boy if he ever took any money. He quite openly said that he often did and was collecting it upstairs. I told him that he shouldn't really do that and to nip up to his bedroom and bring it down. Now bearing in mind I deal with a fair bit of cash now and again I was gobsmacked to find he had accumulated £ 180.00. I was quite chuffed really............it felt like a bonus. He had no idea what he was doing was wrong.

:lol: that's brilliant!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It sounds to me like he is loving the attention he is getting for his bad behaviour maybe the solution might be to offer a reward for good behaviour that involves some serious quality time with his dad: take him to see BHA or swimming or something that he really enjoys also try and catch him doing something good however small and praise him accordingly. Hopefully this is just a phase!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A slap doesnt work... didnt with me.... and as they get older the fear factor gets less effective and more desperate. Treating your kid like an adult and talking it through with added sanctions is your best bet. Perhaps finding out as much as you can about what has been stolen and when thats done, getting him to work it off as a 'payback'. Im not a believer of touchy feely but talking does work if you keep calm and you have a sanction with it. No sanction then he'll probably feel he got away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here