Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh help me parenting gurus of NSC.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I may get pelters for this, but I am only trying to help. My daughter is adopted but an only child, she is also 8 and fully aware of her situation, is his sister a product from your loins or also adopted?
At his age the adopted thing may be coming in to play and he is fighting against it or for attention.
Its all very tricky as is all parenting, my advice is to read the relevant supernanny book (or equivalent) stupid bitch she may be, but she knows her stuff and any expert advice on how to stop this behaviour can only help.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are brother and sister, adopted together.

He's always 'struggled' when she's on the up, (cos he's no longer the bestest, which in turn reflects their early life).

We think he's more responsible for her behaviour than we ever realised.
Having her not acting up, fighting, screaming and being defiant, is really twisting his melon.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As you have adopted children their is some brilliant advice and help from your council social services you may want to look into that, here in Plymouth they are first class with all sorts of stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As you have adopted children their is some brilliant advice and help from your council social services you may want to look into that, here in Plymouth they are first class with all sorts of stuff.
Nobody will pay so we've been hung out to dry, having referral after referral turned down.

If we were Americans we'd be suing!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nobody will pay so we've been hung out to dry, having referral after referral turned down.

If we were Americans we'd be suing!!

Thats very poor, surely this type of service is what your council tax goes into, I would be straight down to see my MP or contact the national adoption people for help, i sometimes find that they say no for the sake of it and hope that you go away, go over there heads and they may listen, it worked for my brother and sister in law.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bit like with toy guns, better for him to get his stealing phase out of his system in his childhood now rather than trying to suppress it. He'll soon find a more refined way. If you disapprove of it now, it will only make it more attractive to him. His experience and enjoyment of stealing will remain unresolved (due to your disapproval), leading to him carrying on into adulthood.

WTF?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was on duty in Hove a while back when I got stopped by some woman who asked if I could have a word with her son.

He was only about seven, and she said he'd started taking knives from the kitchen and either threatening his brother with them, or making (largely futile, but no doubt distressing) attempts to harm himself. You wonder where on earth a seven year old gets ideas like that from.

I said I'd happily have a chat, though it was difficult to know quite where the line was between scaring him into not doing it, and frightening him completely.

I'm sure your average local copper will quite happily assist, or one of the PCSOs, if you come across one on the street or pop into your local nick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks, it seems pretty wet of me, but all the time I'm not getting through to him, nothing seems to be changing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was on duty in Hove a while back when I got stopped by some woman who asked if I could have a word with her son.

He was only about seven, and she said he'd started taking knives from the kitchen and either threatening his brother with them, or making (largely futile, but no doubt distressing) attempts to harm himself. You wonder where on earth a seven year old gets ideas like that from.

I said I'd happily have a chat, though it was difficult to know quite where the line was between scaring him into not doing it, and frightening him completely.

I'm sure your average local copper will quite happily assist, or one of the PCSOs, if you come across one on the street or pop into your local nick.

You weren't on TV with Nick Knowles earlier on we're you Edna? Police Officer from Brighton with an eerily familiar name to your own self.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You weren't on TV with Nick Knowles earlier on we're you Edna? Police Officer from Brighton with an eerily familiar name to your own self.

Not that I'm aware of: what was it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here