Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Officially not getting relegated.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Obviously we could still blow it but we’ve got different manager, different coaching staff and different players (apart from Dunk) from then though.
Duffy, March, Stephens, Schellotto, Murray... At least 2 of those were regularly on the piss. Not that I think that will happen this time.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Until we hit 38 we cannot think that way, Sky might but we all know how easily it can go wrong. 4 points this week would be incredible.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
**** me, I can’t believe that people are still taking this thread seriously, even though the OP has admitted he started it with tongue firmly in cheek.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Duffy, March, Stephens, Schellotto, Murray... At least 2 of those were regularly on the piss. Not that I think that will happen this time.

1, Schelotto wasn't with us then
2, and more importantly, even if two of those were regularly on the piss, the starting line up rarely features either these days.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You can now get 40-1.
Not good value if you place any credence in the modelling that was in the athletic that put our probability of relegation at 0.2%

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some bedwetting on here. If we go down, this thread will be the least of our worries.

If you were to put this in one of those fancy infographics, I think we would be over 50% certain to stay up now, if we didn't pick up another point.
This in itself is highly unlikely we are playing with confidence and more points will come. None of the bottom 5 have averaged a point a game over the course of the season and they are all equally bad right now.
The only team who can take points of us is Norwich and if any teams can catch us, it won't be them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Some bedwetting on here. If we go down, this thread will be the least of our worries.

If you were to put this in one of those fancy infographics, I think we would be over 50% certain to stay up now, if we didn't pick up another point.
This in itself is highly unlikely we are playing with confidence and more points will come. None of the bottom 5 have averaged a point a game over the course of the season and they are all equally bad right now.
The only team who can take points of us is Norwich and if any teams can catch us, it won't be them.

Slightly higher the athletic quoted the odds of us finishing 15th are 49%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

Slightly higher the athletic quoted the odds of us finishing 15th are 49%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are a 97.5% chance to stay up.
40/1 to be relegated equates to a likelihood of 2.5% - we are the inverse of this to not be relegated.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Surprisingly you'll get shorter odds on Palace to drop now.

We're out to 40/1 as posted by others, but another 3 or 4 points on the board sooner rather than later job done.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Roaming around various forums and social media the relegation fight is very much centred around the bottom 5, very little mention of us anywhere.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Anybody who thinks we are safe is in an idiot. 4 more points please.

Yep. United will be BANG up for it tomorrow and we'll have to be at our absolute, Potter-bravest-best to get anything from that game. Then Norwich - one win'll get them back amongst the shitshow at the bottom and then there's the Champions and the potential European Champions to come. Far too much back-slapping going on - and I genuinely am a glass half-full person.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anybody who thinks we are safe is in an idiot. 4 more points please.

That's fine, you carrying on wetting yourself! Not sure anyone is saying we 'are' safe but more that in all likelihood we are unlikely to be overtaken by 3 of the teams below us.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are a 97.5% chance to stay up.
40/1 to be relegated equates to a likelihood of 2.5% - we are the inverse of this to not be relegated.

Those are the bookies' odds as well, which means the true chance is even less. Just been perusing the odds on us staying up, and Bet365 have us at 1/250!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
we just need a week the reverse of last week (when all went in our favour) and we are bang in it again. No party hats here as yet..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's no way 3 of the bottom 5 are going to get to 37 points (will be shocked if 1 does, amazed if 2 manage it - 3 would be bordering on a miracle) - one more win, with our GD (a battering vs Liverpool excepted) and we're there - when it's all done and dusted, though, I suspect we'll see 33/34 was enough anyway. Would rather we didn't wait to find out though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here