Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Officially not getting relegated.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I switched on Football Focus yesterday, just as they finished the relegation segment. I was wondering if we featured in that or not.

They showed the bottom six clubs on the graphic, so we featured there, but we were not mentioned at all in the discussion that followed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The bottom five teams have won a total of 3 games in 25 and 4 draws. To believe two teams are suddenly going to gain 7 points on us to overtake our position while we lose all our remaining games is extremely unlikely with 7 games left and one with only 6.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m glad Potter is more cautious.
One bad set of results puts us right back in it, and could turn some of the others’ seasons around.
If we keep on the path we have been for the past two games we will be fine though.
We have shown we have more about us these days, than the likes of Villa.

Absolutely, I'm not going to relax quite yet a while. Still some tough games to come.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Once some teams realize they have nothing left to play for there'll be a few freak results. Its not impossible that Klopp will start fielding a mixture of youth team or fringe players from now on & so Villa beat them like they did in the league cup. I'll reserve my celebrations for a few more games at least...

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Indeed. One win in the next 3 games and we are safe.

Tend to agree. Looking at Muff and Villa's remaining fixtures, I cant see either of them getting more than 8 points and that is being very generous. So a win should be enough........famous last words and I apologise in advance for our inevitable relegation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Once some teams realize they have nothing left to play for there'll be a few freak results. Its not impossible that Klopp will start fielding a mixture of youth team or fringe players from now on & so Villa beat them like they did in the league cup. I'll reserve my celebrations for a few more games at least...

Nothing to play for? £2.5M per place.................

OK, that doesn't apply to Liverpool now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloody hell, how many chickens have you counted there?
None. We are 25/1 at the bookies for a reason, and actual chances are nearer 50/1. There are just too many things that would have to go against us now. Relegation for us is about as likely as Spurs finishing 3rd.

Just look at the fixtures. Villa have just 6 games left to get a minimum of 7 points more than us. Like us, they have Liverpool and Man Utd up next. Bournemouth's fixtures are also a nightmare and so are West Ham's. Then there is the fact that Villa and West Ham play each other on the last day, meaning that even if our lead to both of them is reduced from 6 points to 2 by that time, then we are still safe.

We are not going down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not beyond the players to blow it bigtime. Which is why they don't have Championship Winners medals. It's not over til it's over. Will have to be one helluva pratfall tho

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Currently the mathematical target is 48 points ( 47 with good goal difference ).

If Watford fail to win today it drops to 47 (46 with gd ).

So 5 more wins to set all minds at rest.

In a more real world, it is 1 more win.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Never mind relegation. Apart from playing Villa, Palace have quite a tough run in - three wins and we could catch them as well......

Late charge for the Europa League ???

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s a big if but if we take three points off Manchester United then even I would think about relaxing a little bit.

If we beat Man U it’ll be a massive ask for three of those five struggling teams to catch us.
But since when can we vouch for beating Man U more than once in a blue moon?
That first half against Leicester, the superb defensive display Vs Wolves, the never say die against Arsenal....we will need to play to that level again And again to Guarantee staying up.
I’m sure Bmuff, Watford and West Ham will get some good results before the end of the season.
There’s no way we will have the luxury of playing poorly and cruising to safety.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not beyond the players to blow it bigtime. Which is why they don't have Championship Winners medals. It's not over til it's over. Will have to be one helluva pratfall tho

Have they all been going out getting drunk?

The players are focussed on the job and will do it to the best of their ability. I’ve just looked at the stats for the Sheff Utd v Arsenal game. It shows their previous 6 matches. Sheff Utd has had 5 wins & a draw. Arsenal has has 5 wins and a loss.
In both cases the odd result was our game. We will stay up because we’ve been getting points the bottom five teams haven’t.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have they all been going out getting drunk?

The players are focussed on the job and will do it to the best of their ability. I’ve just looked at the stats for the Sheff Utd v Arsenal game. It shows their previous 6 matches. Sheff Utd has had 5 wins & a draw. Arsenal has has 5 wins and a loss.
In both cases the odd result was our game. We will stay up because we’ve been getting points the bottom five teams haven’t.

Last 5 games, Arse W3, L2, Sheffield United W1, D2, L2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
we should stay up, but all I'll say is this:
if we do end up going down then the embarrassment caused by this thread (and others) will never be lived down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here