Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Paul Konchesky to Notts Forest on loan?
Thought he was going back to Fulham. I wonder if his big move to Liverpool might have killed his career? Shame.

Will not do Joel Lynch's recent resurgence any good I suspect

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Funniest comment of the day

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on BBC Radio 5 live: "I'd like to see us try and do something if we can, but it's not going to be easy. Good players want big wages and it's difficult to compete all the time - they're asking mega money, some of them, and it's crazy - you can't pay it."

The words IT'S NEVER STOPPED YOU BEFORE HARRY come to mind :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
From Guardian Blog

10.05am:CloseLink to this update: Transfer window deadline day - live! | Barney Ronay, Barry Glendenning and Rob Bagchi | Football | guardian.co.uk Harry Redknapp is doing one of those interviews through his car window. The interviewer keeps mentioning players' names, to which he says "yeah... Great player..." or "Like him. Yeah". He denied knowing anything about the Sergio Aguero rumour. He also said injury's Jonathan Woodgate is not going out on loan because they now need him.

:laugh:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lewis Dunk's has signed a contract extention so is now with the club until 2013 and Connor Wilkins who was part of the development squad has been released.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on BBC Radio 5 live: "I'd like to see us try and do something if we can, but it's not going to be easy. Good players want big wages and it's difficult to compete all the time - they're asking mega money, some of them, and it's crazy - you can't pay it."

It's never stopped him before in places where there weren't any financial controls placed on him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Would not be surprised to see departures today, but one or two of: Holroyd, Hart or Sandaza.
Would personally miss Hart although despite goals would not miss either of the other two especially Holroyd who I think is League 2 at best and definately not good enough to come with us to the Championship.
Gary Hart won't go anywhere. Appartently it's already nailed on that'll he'll get a contract to at least start next season as a squad member at Falmer.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

It's never stopped him before in places where there weren't any financial controls placed on him.

Haven't 'spurs recently posted there first ever annual financial loss, or something like that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:lolol: He doesn't give a shit about wages, or more specifically how the club are going to pay for them. He really is the biggest bullshitter around, all this "I don't know nuffink, guvnor", yet you know that by midnight Spurs will have picked up five new players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gary Hart won't go anywhere. Appartently it's already nailed on that'll he'll get a contract to at least start next season as a squad member at Falmer.

Do me a favour.

Fine, give the bloke a deal as a coach if we must, after all pretty much all of Hart's contemporaries from the Adams Mk I era seem to have jobs for life here, but PLEASE don't waste any more of my hard earned season ticket money on a playing contract for Gary Hart. I don't CARE how much effort he puts in. I don't give a TOSS that he's a great guy in the dressing room. I do, however, care that all of our players have at least some contribution to offer on the pitch, and the answer to that one, where Hart is concerned, is a most definite no.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poyet isn't sentimental so he won't give a contract unless it's deserved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yet you know that by midnight Spurs will have picked up five new players.
Yep, 3 left backs and 2 central midfielders.

Next week, he will play one of those left backs as a centre forward, with Pavluchenko left on the bench. Spurs will be three down at half time, Arry will shuffle his pack and bring Pavluchenko on to replace Gareth Bale down the left side, and then at the end of the game will once again explain his player shuffling as being down to the bare bones.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Do me a favour.

Fine, give the bloke a deal as a coach if we must, after all pretty much all of Hart's contemporaries from the Adams Mk I era seem to have jobs for life here, but PLEASE don't waste any more of my hard earned season ticket money on a playing contract for Gary Hart. I don't CARE how much effort he puts in. I don't give a TOSS that he's a great guy in the dressing room. I do, however, care that all of our players have at least some contribution to offer on the pitch, and the answer to that one, where Hart is concerned, is a most definite no.

Rubbish. Give him a contract through to Falmer. He's Brighton through and through and it'd be lovely to think he's the last man standing from the Goldstone days.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its only a 606 rumour so in all probability BOBBINS, but:

Southampton gossip: "James Beattie on loan from Rangers (Beattie was left out of the Rangers squad yesterday and his wife is from Southampton and they still have a house here)."

Beattie and Lambert, would quite possibly be the least mobile strike pairing, in the history of proffessional football*

*Unless Claridge and Virgo ever started up front together for us...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well he gave Hart one this season...

Your opinion versus Gus' opinion. He's a squad player who can play in a variety of positions and doesn't cost much. I've no idea whether he'll get another year but if he does, I doubt if it will be because Gus has been told to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here