Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Could I be right in saying that is there was no "release clause" in Poyet's contract - then we could have just sacked him by now ?

Does seem as if we dont want to pay the compensation that WE put in his contract - seems an almighty cock-up by the club too.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
ok, you don't seem to mind...

Late for Palace game. Can you prove this?
No Vicente when fit. Can you prove this?
No care when losing to Palace at the Amex. Your interpretation, not fact
Horrific comments afterwards. Your interpretation, not fact
Holding the club to compensation / legal ransom. Can you prove this?
....what about now.....not even turning up to his disciplinary hearing? a few days before the pre-season starts?

they guy is crackers - get rid.

The only thing you have said there that can be verified is the disciplinary hearing. Even that might be out of his control (ie at the advice of his legal team). More unfounded unhelpful speculation.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
They need to bring this to a close, if he don't want to turn up next time then go ahead without him. He has managed to turn fans on fans now, ripping this club apart! I'm astonished that people out there still want this man at our club!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Try this for a scenario.

BHA pay up both Charlie and Tanno
Óscar García comes in to replace Charlie as first team coach

As Gus is suspended the running of team affairs gets passed to Óscar García

Wait for another club to buy Gus out... or not...

No other club will touch him with a barge pole now. If what he said on television was that he wanted it sorted and then doesn't turn up, he is showing his true colours. He has acted like a spoilt child for several months now. The club comes first not him. Think he will end up abroad now. Best case scenario go and manage Uruguay.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Try this for a scenario.

BHA pay up both Charlie and Tanno
Óscar García comes in to replace Charlie as first team coach

As Gus is suspended the running of team affairs gets passed to Óscar García

Wait for another club to buy Gus out... or not...

Taricco has been cleared following an internal investigation. The club look forward to him returning for pre season after his annual leave. No show no compensation unless he goes down the constructive dismissal, GP and I are a "team" route, which I guess he will. It gets muddier and muddier but I think by the end of this week the club will have made some move re: GP.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The club should do the honourable thing and admit that it made a monumental **** up by suspending the management team, and do everything within its power to make peace with Gus, who presumably holds the aces as it is the club who are in the wrong.

A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too.

are you being serious? the club invited gus to a hearing to discuss possibly breeches of contract and gus did not show up on advice. Just because he did not show up does not make either party right. I would say the best way to prove you innocence would be to attend and defend the charges and prove the other party wrong. Not showing up does not anyone the opportunity to do that. I know you like gus but how have the club acted badly when you do not know the reason behind the invite or what the outcome could be if and when he attends

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The club should do the honourable thing and admit that it made a monumental **** up by suspending the management team, and do everything within its power to make peace with Gus, who presumably holds the aces as it is the club who are in the wrong.

A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too.

What an odd little fellow you are.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The other part of this which no one else seems to have picked up is that Tanno's investigation is complete and he is cleared, Gus is complete and he didn't show. Charlie's is STILL ongoing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Please just leave and let us build a team for next season. Thanks.

Dandyman

In London village.
Like everyone else I don't know the ins and outs of what contractual breaches/acts of (gross) misconduct Gus is accused of.

However, from a professional point of view, if an employee failed to turn up for a disciplinary hearing at my workplace without a reason that was seen as valid by those hearing the case the we would normally hear the management case (what is the "concern" regarding the employee), adjourn, provide the employee with notes of what had taken place and invite then to attend a reconvened. If the employee then failed to attend without providing a legitimate explanation, the hearing would continue and conclude both in terms of determining if the case against the employee was upheld and if so, what the sanction should be.

If the club follows a similar path and takes the view that Gus has committed an act or acts of gross misconduct that render any future relationship of trust and confidence impossible, then they could summary dismiss him without notice. This would, of course, mean kissing goodbye to any compensation if he then joined another club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As well as Gus having legal advice, the club would have as well, and I really wouldn't think the club would put out anything they know to be untrue.

Maybe not untrue but they don't need to (or would anyone expect them to ) put out all the facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here