Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For some reason I get emails from an organisation called Sussex Sports Photography.

Anyway, the one that has just arrived has a link to the Mince Pie gallery.

Here it is for those who ran, in case you don't get it from elsewhere: https://uksp.photoshelter.com/galle...gn=Seaford-Mince-Pie-10-2019&utm_source=event

Would echo what [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] said. I know Ant pretty well, he and his team (including Mrs Ant who is also a runner) take a bloody good race pic.....one of his photographers posts on NSC regularly ( [MENTION=13715]jimhigham[/MENTION] I think)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I should be at the Worthing parkrun on 28th and can pace you...……….(ha, ha!). Seriously, I'd be happy to say hi. So if you post nearer the time we could meet up for me to give you some local intelligence (sic) before you disappear into the distance!

I might pop over to meet the Gold AG star [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION] and have a last pop at your AG on a one turn course. Drink, fitness and weather permitting.

Does everyone know Peacehaven has a 9:30 Christmas Day Parkrun? No good for me, if sea calm enough for the festive dip.

Are there any more local to Hove and what time?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
As the instigator of the Review of the Year, I shall appoint myself as judge and jury for the purposes of awarding the 'NSC Runner of the Year' trophy. Much as I'd like to take the p$ss, I have to say that this must collectively be just about the best year we've had. Between us, we've had umpteen wins, category victories, Age Grade triumphs, PBs and some very impressive annual mileages. We've taken part in all sorts of events as categorised by distance, terrain, locations near and far and individual verses teams.

I'm now going to bottle out and not name any specific person (but winner -you know who you are :bowdown:) But what I would say, and with total confidence, is that this is the NSC Thread of the Year.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
I might pop over to meet the Gold AG star [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION] and have a last pop at your AG on a one turn course. Drink, fitness and weather permitting.

Does everyone know Peacehaven has a 9:30 Christmas Day Parkrun? No good for me, if sea calm enough for the festive dip.

That would be great [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] ! :bowdown:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Gaffer: check out his link. It is comprehensive in that it gives details of all Xmas and NYD parkruns and times. The downside is that many have yet to declare. The 28th in Worthing could be good!

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/special-events/

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Gaffer: check out his link. It is comprehensive in that it gives details of all Xmas and NYD parkruns and times. The downside is that many have yet to declare. The 28th in Worthing could be good!

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/special-events/

I could bring my portable podium to Worthing for the AG three. 🏆🏆🏆 😄

Gold obvious on NSCSPOTY but hard call for silver and bronze. As you say it’s been a golden year with amazing achievements and progress. Hard to call the winners.

Can you let me know when you receive my money transfer to your Western Union account?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I could bring my portable podium to Worthing for the AG three. ������ ��

Gold obvious on NSCSPOTY but hard call for silver and bronze. As you say it’s been a golden year with amazing achievements and progress. Hard to call the winners.

Can you let me know when you receive my money transfer to your Western Union account?

The scoring system is transparent and objective; there is neither room nor need for corruption. Here's the formula:

Best Annual AG score x Actual Age in Years of the Competitor. Can't say fairer than that. eh?! The medal is in the post. (Seriously I'd go for the Ninja. Not just for the ground-breaking advances in his personal performances but for the charismatic captaincy of his Weakest Link team that would surely had won the NSC battle, other than for the efforts of his old git team-mate.)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The scoring system is transparent and objective; there is neither room nor need for corruption. Here's the formula:

Best Annual AG score x Actual Age in Years of the Competitor. Can't say fairer than that. eh?! The medal is in the post. (Seriously I'd go for the Ninja. Not just for the ground-breaking advances in his personal performances but for the charismatic captaincy of his Weakest Link team that would surely had won the NSC battle, other than for the efforts of his old git team-mate.)

You’re even more crooked than me! Save on the postage though.

Mad incredible effort by a committed Ninja and injury free afterwardsbut as a bystander the Fufkin marathon time and only 80+% NSC AG does it for me.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Friend said [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] had time to boil an egg in the 3 and a half minutes he beat me by at this mornings Parkrun challenge. Good 21:00 run from the champ but I hit a wall immediately and couldn't breathe or get the legs going.Hope this lurgy ****s off soon. A loss, however, is a loss.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Friend said [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] had time to boil an egg in the 3 and a half minutes he beat me by at this mornings Parkrun challenge. Good 21:00 run from the champ but I hit a wall immediately and couldn't breathe or get the legs going.Hope this lurgy ****s off soon. A loss, however, is a loss.

Pretty crap effort by me. Another battering from a westerly wind, but still a poor 22.24. Worse still, I felt the groin 'go' in the last 400 metres. I've not had many of these over the years but this one seems not too bad (could be famous last words).
Well done for getting out there when clearly crocked.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
You’re even more crooked than me! Save on the postage though.

Mad incredible effort by a committed Ninja and injury free afterwardsbut as a bystander the Fufkin marathon time and only 80+% NSC AG does it for me.

I'm honoured to pick up your vote Gaffer! :salute:

Maybe there's scope to break it out into categories? A few suggestions here. I'm sure there's many more up for recognition but I think I have the names rights (trying to match with those on Strava).

Most Improved Runner of the Year - Big Nuts
The Running Machine of the Year - Ninja
International Runner of the Year - Badger
Newcomer of the Year - chaileyjem
Marathoner of the Year - MrBlobby
Returning Runner of the Year - Bozza
The "Going Long" Runner of the Year - dazzer6666

Although perhaps I've over thought this. :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You've definitely put a fair amount of thought into it, [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION]!

I found myself ANOTHER 2nd place finish this morning, at Peacehaven. I've been trying to get there for a couple of months and finally managed it today. Dame Kelly Holmes was in attendance (I didn't know that before going), she casually strolled home in 10th looking like it was a nice warm up. Marvellous form and technique, brilliant to watch. I led at the 1 mile stage but I think it was because the fella behind me needed navigation (which is amazing, rarely do people trust my navigating!) before whomping clear and putting almost a full minute between us.

40th parkrun of the year, out of a possible 52 - very pleased with that, beating 2017's record of 39 in a single year. :albion2:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm honoured to pick up your vote Gaffer! :salute:

Maybe there's scope to break it out into categories? A few suggestions here. I'm sure there's many more up for recognition but I think I have the names rights (trying to match with those on Strava).

Most Improved Runner of the Year - Big Nuts
The Running Machine of the Year - Ninja
International Runner of the Year - Badger
Newcomer of the Year - chaileyjem
Marathoner of the Year - MrBlobby
Returning Runner of the Year - Bozza
The "Going Long" Runner of the Year - dazzer6666

Although perhaps I've over thought this. :lolol:

Excellent idea!

I've thought of a category: 'NSC Runner Who Taught Garry Nelson of the year' but I'm buggered if I can think of anyone who would qualify for it...………………….

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Wasn’t much of a contest after your week in sick bay but I’m happy to finish the year only a second slower than my previous time round hove park when I thought I was in better shape. I prefer my eggs a little harder so will aim on extending this to 4 minutes in the spring.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You've definitely put a fair amount of thought into it, [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION]!

I found myself ANOTHER 2nd place finish this morning, at Peacehaven. I've been trying to get there for a couple of months and finally managed it today. Dame Kelly Holmes was in attendance (I didn't know that before going), she casually strolled home in 10th looking like it was a nice warm up. Marvellous form and technique, brilliant to watch. I led at the 1 mile stage but I think it was because the fella behind me needed navigation (which is amazing, rarely do people trust my navigating!) before whomping clear and putting almost a full minute between us.

40th parkrun of the year, out of a possible 52 - very pleased with that, beating 2017's record of 39 in a single year. :albion2:

Well done. Just to be the NSC runners Pedant of the Year, you could do 54, with extras over Xmas/New Year..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wasn’t much of a contest after your week in sick bay but I’m happy to finish the year only a second slower than my previous time round hove park when I thought I was in better shape. I prefer my eggs a little harder so will aim on extending this to 4 minutes in the spring.

Your brother kindly stepped in on your behalf and allowed me to sprint by in the run in. Good to see you both.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well done. Just to be the NSC runners Pedant of the Year, you could do 54, with extras over Xmas/New Year..

I should have said, "52, so far". I've missed 12. But I don't intend to miss any of the remaining 3! I didn't get a New Years Day 2019 parkrun, so I was 2 down immediately. :down: That won't (hopefully) happen again this year!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

For some reason I thught this had moved to next week, so I did my training plan 7 miles rather than heading to the park, which I could have. Sorry chaps.

Looking on Strava [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] beat another one of my running friends / Strava stalkers by 2 seconds. You were probably next to each other in the funnell.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
For some reason I thught this had moved to next week, so I did my training plan 7 miles rather than heading to the park, which I could have. Sorry chaps.

Looking on Strava [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] beat another one of my running friends / Strava stalkers by 2 seconds. You were probably next to each other in the funnell.

Your friend finished much stronger and I struggled to hold on.

Your right it is next week but I couldn’t make it so Knocky got some practice in today. Good to see [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here