Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[tweet]1250856188754919424[/tweet]

Wouldn't pass our strict table regulations particularly as a Chelsea ****. Plus I notice that 5.2K at 3.03 minute a km pace gives 15:45 seconds rather than the 16:11 on the readout. 5K at 3:03 pace would give 15:15.

Great time if he did it but if Ashley Cole beats it something is up! https://www.sportbible.com/football...pleted-his-5k-run-in-just-16-minutes-20200417

Edit: Too late for this There is a stewards enquiry into this. Elapsed time 23 minutes. Just found the Strava Wankers Twitter Feed it’s brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn't pass our strict table regulations particularly as a Chelsea ****. Plus I notice that 5.2K at 3.03 minute a km pace gives 15:45 seconds rather than the 16:11 on the readout. 5K at 3:03 pace would give 15:15.

Great time if he did it but if Ashley Cole beats it something is up! https://www.sportbible.com/football...pleted-his-5k-run-in-just-16-minutes-20200417

Edit: Too late for this There is a stewards enquiry into this. Elapsed time 23 minutes. Just found the Strava Wankers Twitter Feed it’s brilliant.

Enjoy

https://twitter.com/stravawankers/status/1251112172727533574?s=20

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
I think it was [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] who asked (?) Bruno who the fastest was a while back and he instantly said it was Pascal............

Muzza did 19.04 which is OK (I'd still beat him on AG :lolol::lolol:), which does put people like Lingard to shame a bit really.

Stockdale was doing about 25 minutes when he went through a spell of posting his runs on twitter - he was fit then as well !

Love Pascal but boy does he look sloooooooow. :lolol:

19 minutes for Glenn isn't too bad. The Lingard time shirley must have been from when he was much younger. If not, I'm stunned. What are these professional Premier League fitness and strength & conditioning coaches doing?!

I think any form of running for Stockdale was more in the "exercise" lane. Great goal keeper though. :bowdown:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Love Pascal but boy does he look sloooooooow. :lolol:

19 minutes for Glenn isn't too bad. The Lingard time shirley must have been from when he was much younger. If not, I'm stunned. What are these professional Premier League fitness and strength & conditioning coaches doing?!

I think any form of running for Stockdale was more in the "exercise" lane. Great goal keeper though. :bowdown:

Lingaard was a recent time since the lockdown.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Oh no - this is destined to provoke the old debate. Hence: as someone who was in the camp of 'they will/should be quick at 5k' I'll chalk these two up. Doubtless someone in the opposing camp will come in with a 23 minute 5k for a prem player soon!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's Saturday ergo it's a 5k. Tried a flat-out solo effort and managed 21.47. A season's best but alas not to be counted.

55.7 miles in 7 days just completed after 6 weeks on couch (excluding 12 miles here and there). Unfortunately my challenge was for this Strava week and 10.5 miles are from Sunday gone. So I need 7 miles tomorrow to get my double marathon distance of 52.2 miles on Brighton marathon day. It's going to hurt and may even need to do it over two runs.

Feel surprisingly good and think I could have run the marathon tomorrow as badly as I usually do despite the lack of running. Had Wednesday and Thursday off with calf issues but managed to stretch it out.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
55.7 miles in 7 days just completed after 6 weeks on couch (excluding 12 miles here and there). Unfortunately my challenge was for this Strava week and 10.5 miles are from Sunday gone. So I need 7 miles tomorrow to get my double marathon distance of 52.2 miles on Brighton marathon day. It's going to hurt and may even need to do it over two runs.

Feel surprisingly good and think I could have run the marathon tomorrow as badly as I usually do despite the lack of running. Had Wednesday and Thursday off with calf issues but managed to stretch it out.

You've bounced back really well. Where do you go from here? Are you going to switch to the mile challenge? If you do and you AG it, I think you'll push for the NSC title*.

*I didn't say which title!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You've bounced back really well. Where do you go from here? Are you going to switch to the mile challenge? If you do and you AG it, I think you'll push for the NSC title*.

*I didn't say which title!

Good point. Where do I go from here? Bed seems to be the best idea. I'lI stick to low pace mileage for a while as it's building muscle. Upping the pace will have to come gradually and in short intervals or I'll get injured due to fatigued muscles.

I'll have to temporarily add the mile columns, time and AG, to the table for the lockdown but won't be able to run one myself till May.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Barkley’s was basically a 23 minute 5k [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll get my coat...…………

I'm still with Artie on this (in theory) but on balance I'm quite smug that a bunch of highly trained (if poorly paid) professional athletes in their 20s are not much quicker than a 65 year old with a dodgy knee. Thus I shall now feast on any further such evidence.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good point. Where do I go from here? Bed seems to be the best idea. I'lI stick to low pace mileage for a while as it's building muscle. Upping the pace will have to come gradually and in short intervals or I'll get injured due to fatigued muscles.

I'll have to temporarily add the mile columns, time and AG, to the table for the lockdown but won't be able to run one myself till May.

Interesting. I had no clue what a decent time for someone my age would be. I'm not sure if I looked at the 'correct' calculator but as a rule of thumb it looks like anything below 7.00 would be at least in the mid 70% AG region. That seems quite 'generous'. However, I've pretty much lost any pace I ever had and even at my very best I'd have been nowhere near the sort of pace that [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] is generating around that crazy velodrome course. And god knows what Artie will be capable of...……...…...………....(and you).
I'm around the 7.25 per mile pace for 5k but while I can 'cruise' at this pace there's not much left in terms of acceleration. But there's only one way to find out...………….I've never run a timed mile or 1500 in my life, so it's about time I did.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Not that it will count by I ran an accurately measured 5k round the Velodrome tonight and took 9 seconds off my pb with 18:16. Best part of 9 laps and I was hanging on from the halfway mark.

It’s Strava wanker proof too! The increased mileage appears to be working and I might get within touching distance of [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] now.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Interesting. I had no clue what a decent time for someone my age would be. I'm not sure if I looked at the 'correct' calculator but as a rule of thumb it looks like anything below 7.00 would be at least in the mid 70% AG region. That seems quite 'generous'. However, I've pretty much lost any pace I ever had and even at my very best I'd have been nowhere near the sort of pace that [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] is generating around that crazy velodrome course. And god knows what Artie will be capable of...……...…...………....(and you).
I'm around the 7.25 per mile pace for 5k but while I can 'cruise' at this pace there's not much left in terms of acceleration. But there's only one way to find out...………….I've never run a timed mile or 1500 in my life, so it's about time I did.

Have I Got News For You!
A 6:25 mile will give you a 75.18%.
http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html
I should be able to get around 6:10 or 74.8%.

Need [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] to give an AG percentage to see what we’re chasing.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not that it will count by I ran an accurately measured 5k round the Velodrome tonight and took 9 seconds off my pb with 18:16. Best part of 9 laps and I was hanging on from the halfway mark.

It’s Strava wanker proof too! The increased mileage appears to be working and I might get within touching distance of [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] now.

Striking a rich vein of form. Bad timing.😁

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll get my coat...…………

I'm still with Artie on this (in theory) but on balance I'm quite smug that a bunch of highly trained (if poorly paid) professional athletes in their 20s are not much quicker than a 65 year old with a dodgy knee. Thus I shall now feast on any further such evidence.

Oh me too......even Muzza’s 19.04 means I beat him on AG. I’ve been arguing with junior about footballer 5k times - I think pretty much any of them should be sub 20 as an absolute minimum, they are full time, peak fitness, low body fat athletes subject to continuous scrutiny. That alone should get them a sub 20.......

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oh me too......even Muzza’s 19.04 means I beat him on AG. I’ve been arguing with junior about footballer 5k times - I think pretty much any of them should be sub 20 as an absolute minimum, they are full time, peak fitness, low body fat athletes subject to continuous scrutiny. That alone should get them a sub 20.......

I always think footballers see running mid to long distance as a wanky thing to do. The desire is not there. Would have thrashed Glenn when his age by a minute. However, if we were chasing a ball into the penalty area I would have been left for dead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I always think footballers see running mid to long distance as a wanky thing to do. The desire is not there. Would have thrashed Glenn when his age by a minute. However, if we were chasing a ball into the penalty area I would have been left for dead.

Not by Glenn you wouldn’t [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here