Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Official NSC Dog Bore Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You will because you know it’s the kindest thing to do. You have no choice and it would be cruel to keep her going.

You’ve been a great dad, friend, companion, etc and have 16 years of happy and funny memories. I feel for you.
Well said 👏

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Devastated doesn’t cover it.

Confirmed today that Thursday next week, our old girl Misty, a Jack Russell cross will be going to the vet, and not coming back.

One of those “kindest things you can do” type decisions. She’s 16, pretty much blind & deaf, has lost all house training and has been showing signs of dog dementia.

I can’t look her in the face right now. God knows how I’m going to get through Thursday.

View attachment 174511
When our 16 yo old dog went through the same thing when I was a teenager, I remember my mum saying that the last thing she did was look at my mum and gave her a Thankyou lick because “ she knew”. I know it will be heartbreaking for you, but you are doing the kindest act for her.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Confirmed today that Thursday next week, our old girl Misty, a Jack Russell cross will be going to the vet, and not coming back.

One of those “kindest things you can do” type decisions. She’s 16, pretty much blind & deaf, has lost all house training and has been showing signs of dog dementia.

I can’t look her in the face right now. God knows how I’m going to get through Thursday.

View attachment 174511
It’s a dreadful time …. You’ve done her proud though

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I took our lillle Solly to out local beer festival last night and he loved all the attention he got.likes pale ale best.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

View attachment 174511
So sorry @pasty

If Misty usually gets stressed when going to the vets many vets will offer a home visit to make the final hour less uncomfortable (maybe for you too)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So sorry @pasty

If Misty usually gets stressed when going to the vets many vets will offer a home visit to make the final hour less uncomfortable (maybe for you too)
Thanks. She always used to hate going to the vet, but strangely she was really calm Thursday. Almost like she knew why she was going and was thankful about it.

Huge cuddles, licks and lots of tears on a horrible day, and now trying to get used to a gaping hole in our lives 😢

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thanks. She always used to hate going to the vet, but strangely she was really calm Thursday. Almost like she knew why she was going and was thankful about it.

Huge cuddles, licks and lots of tears on a horrible day, and now trying to get used to a gaping hole in our lives 😢
There are a lot on here who know how you feel. I sobbed like a baby when I had to do it a good few years back. She’s comfy now. I lost a Jack to.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don´t know why I went on this thread.
We went through a similar experience with our cat Iswed in March 2021.
He was a cat we took in off the street and had been with us for 15 years. I am tearing up as I type this even now!

Condolences to all who have been through loss.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Most of the vets do it I think. i’m in Shoreham and our Vet in Southwick quoted c £200 to do the forms for us in 2022! We were recommended a vet in Havant (may be the same one?) who charged around £125 then if we filled in the forms and they checked them and slightly lower this year as we had used them before. Be interested to know if you find anything comparable in the area. A great benefit of Brexit …..
Just wondering if anyone has found a cheaper Dog passport provider compared to the one we have used in Havant over the last couple of years that is closer to Brighton?

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Bluebell is nearly 10 months old now, and is great at finding golf balls in the rough when we walk around the Wellshurst course!😁

Attachments

• IMG-20240416-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240416-WA0001.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 23

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Has anyone got any advice/experience with long term medication for dogs and how it works with insurance and costs etc.?

Ours seems to have developed a long term allergy to something and her belly gets quite badly inflamed. Used to happen late summer now seem year long. Apoquel works very well, but its bloody expensive, I think its working out at ~£100/month, which she has been on for 3-months now. We have insurance but haven't claimed yet, but might need to though if this continues, but her insurance is ~£45/month, i.e. £55 less. What happens if we want/need to claim for this long term?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What ball do you use?
I've got a lot of Srixon, Titleist, Callaway, and Taylormade, plus a sprinkling of others.
Callaway's mainly.

Wellshurst (assuming you are talking about the one just outside Horam) is quite forgiving. You want to bring her up to Crowborough Beacon or Ashdown Park you'll find hundreds.

My uncle used to have a black lab called Ollie who had the biggest head I've ever encountered on a dog. Sadly he is no longer with us but back in the day my uncle would chip golf balls down his garden and Ollie would go and get them all in one go and then spit them out one by one without a mark on them just a lot of slobber. It was quite something to witness.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here