[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Epic fail from the Vegas Raiders

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well the Commanders got rubbed by the Bills with is no great surprise, it was a real welcome to the big leagues for Sam Howell and I think he will learn from it. Still the main reason I came on this thread was to laugh at the Cowboys :ROFLMAO:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Gutted for Mike Williams. Has his best game for ages, and is then carted off with a serious looking knee injury, which could be him done for a while.

On the flip side though, amazed to hear that Chubb may not have done as much damage to his knee as first thought. Looks like its "just" an MCL tear and the ACL is intact.
Was a harsh one for Williams will didn't look that bad in real time but you knew something bad had happened at that moment.

I can't believe we're 0-3. This season is looking bleaker by the week, with Panthers and Chiefs are next two games means we could easily be 0-5.

Jul 7, 2003
I watched a bit of RedZone on the train back from Brighton yesterday and saw that my Broncos had already given up two TDs and then watched a third. Tuned into see us fumble our way to giving the Dolphins their seventh TD just before the half and gave up at that point.

Not surprised we ended up conceding more points than any team since 1966. Joseph must be under serious threat, especially as it was our D that kept our season vaguely respectable last year.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Starting our NFL Sunday football early today, anyone else tuning in?

Or even manage to swindle tickets?!

Just hoping Sam Matterface ain’t going to be on comms again..

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Should be a great game in Buffalo this week. Bills are hitting their stride, Dolphins are insane. Looking forward to a warm and sunny game day in Orchard Park this Sunday.
Always liked the Bils- the only real New York team as the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey

Jul 7, 2003
Starting our NFL Sunday football early today, anyone else tuning in?

Or even manage to swindle tickets?!

Just hoping Sam Matterface ain’t going to be on comms again..
As soon as ITV said that Darren Fletcher was commentating I immediately switched to the US coverage instead.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Shocking match, glad I didn't go as was tempted ( loads of tickets going on Twickets)....

Mind you, I've seen the lowest scoring Monday Night Football game live ( Pitt 3-0 Mia ) so set the bar very low

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Taking on the commanders/ redskins/ whatevertheyarecalledthisweek Looks like another decent season on for the Eagles

IMG_0153.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Half time - Bears 28-7 up against the very leaky Broncos

Full time - 28-31.

Fields 28/35 335 yards passing 4 TD. In a defeat. I can’t even describe how bad our second half was.

Frankly, I might ban myself from the thread. There’s always next year I suppose.

Jul 7, 2003
I was out early evening, got home to see my Broncos were 28-14 down to the Bears in the basement battle and assumed that we would lose. Even at 28-28 the Bears should have taken the field goal to put us behind again. God knows how we won that but at least it is a win, not sure that there will be many more this season though.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Full time - 28-31.

Fields 28/35 335 yards passing 4 TD. In a defeat. I can’t even describe how bad our second half was.

Frankly, I might ban myself from the thread. There’s always next year I suppose.
This Bills performance has really whetted my appetite for next Sunday's game against the Jags at Tottenham, which I have tickets for. Defense has completely dominated this (previously) red-hot Miami offense.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was out early evening, got home to see my Broncos were 28-14 down to the Bears in the basement battle and assumed that we would lose. Even at 28-28 the Bears should have taken the field goal to put us behind again. God knows how we won that but at least it is a win, not sure that there will be many more this season though.
We probably should have taken the FG - but the play that was called was Captain Obvious on steroids, Fields needed to roll out and either scramble or throw for 6. It was coming off all the time in the first half.

But, yeah, we should have kicked the 3.

Eberflus appears to be the latest in a long line of jokers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good result for the eagles in the end

Could have been a bit easier but we made it difficult at time

Onwards and upwards.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Full time - 28-31.

I was on an exercise bike when the decision was made to go on 4th down and the runner was stopped short of the first down. I stopped and stared at the TV screen for almost 2 minutes and said "how in the world does a head coach of a winless team decide to NOT put the points on the scoreboard.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Full time - 28-31.

I do have an element of sympathy, that was quite a spectacular collapse.

Another Cleveland defeat to the hated Ravens, and this time we can't even blame our hideously expensive, morally repugnant QB as on top of everything he'd managed to get himself injured. We're 2-2 but it feels like 0-4.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here