Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This relates to college football rather than the NFL but this thread is probably the most appropriate place to post this....

Some background: In the last handful of years something called NIL (which stands for Name, Image, Likeness) has come into effect which allows college athletes to finally receive financial compensation for the use of their NIL in marketing and promotional endeavours.

The story: Iowa State have four players on their (American) football team named Tommy Hamann, Tyler Moore, Caleb Bacon and Myles Purchase. Someone at the Iowa Pork Producers Association spotted a unique marketing opportunity. Last week they revealed their latest campaign to publicise Iowa pork:

Iowa-Pork.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wow, NYG are poor. Not seen them play for a while, but that performance against Seattle was shocking.

Our defence did play very well, in truth, Witherspoon was absolutely outstanding, but still. Ouch.

Another win for the Hawks, after our own car-crash in Week 1. Now 3-1, and into a much-needed bye week to get some of the hugely banged-up roster back to playing.

Reactions: FCB

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Love Witherspoon already. One of the best games I've ever seen from a rookie defensive player.

That Giants OL though, actually felt bad for Danny Dimes watching the game.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
How bout them Cowboys? :ROFLMAO:

Always a good day when "America's team" lose although not really ideal for Seattle fans to see SF starting the season so strong.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
How bout them Cowboys? :ROFLMAO:

Always a good day when "America's team" lose although not really ideal for Seattle fans to see SF starting the season so strong.
TBH, we always thought the Whiners would walk the division. Target is a wildcard for us.

Reactions: FCB

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos fumble their way to another defeat against the mighty Jets. First five drives of the second half it seemed like we had forgotten that we had changed ends as we went for -18 yards. A particular highlight was our trick play which ended up in a TD for the Jets.

Good news is that our next three of our next four games are two against the Chiefs and one against the Bills so nice easy run

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay Vegas Raiders win....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Slightly annoyed as a Falcons fan. Currently with a winning record which, frankly, i thought would be enough alone to top our truly poor division where every team lost more than they won last year.

And then the Buccs and Saints decide they are also going to start winning.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just had a bit of the Ravens Titans on until the rugby starts, and it’s almost unwatchable - there’s some demented banshee sitting near the microphone, and every time there’s an exciting play she goes into a hyperventilating screeching frenzy. Jeez.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
TBH, we always thought the Whiners would walk the division. Target is a wildcard for us.

Ofc but would be nice to at least put some pressure on them.

also, Burrow tearing us apart so far, no pass rush.

And now DK again with his tantrums. Carroll will need to do something about this.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ofc but would be nice to at least put some pressure on them.

also, Burrow tearing us apart so far, no pass rush.

And now DK again with his tantrums. Carroll will need to do something about this.
Disappointing and frustrating. We had enough red zone possessions to win that, but Geno was well off form today and much of the offensive play calling was underwhelming. Boo.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders, yay

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You couldn't get more "Brownsy" than unexpectedly beating the best team in the league with a QB they picked up just a few days earlier, while their $230m handcuff is still "injured".
It was mostly down to the defense absolutely dominating the 'niners in the 2nd half last night, but the (incredibly safe) offense made a few decent plays when it needed to.
Great morale boosting win that keeps Cleveland in the mix for the AFC North.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Commanders made a meal of beating the Falcons, but they eventually got it done with the much maligned secondary picking our way to victory. Very pleased with Howell in the first half, not so enamoured with him in the second half.

Falcons seemed determined to lose with poor decision making and time-management and the Commanders seemed intent on taking them up on the offer. A weird but strangely fun game to watch. After the sh*tshow last week against Da Bears I'll take it.

On a college note, gutted that Oregon threw away the opportunity to get a statement win against the hated Huskies Saturday. I had to make do with the highlights not sure I could have survived watching that game live. It was an absolute belter.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
On a college note, gutted that Oregon threw away the opportunity to get a statement win against the hated Huskies Saturday. I had to make do with the highlights not sure I could have survived watching that game live. It was an absolute belter.
Really missing the College football this season after TNT / BT chose not to show it any more. I think SKY are showing the occasional game(?) but its not the same as a regular NCAA fix. Used to love the Saturday build up, and then the games - more fun to watch than the NFL usually.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really missing the College football this season after TNT / BT chose not to show it any more. I think SKY are showing the occasional game(?) but its not the same as a regular NCAA fix. Used to love the Saturday build up, and then the games - more fun to watch than the NFL usually.
Completely agree. Luckily I can normally watch the Oregon games live on YouTube (was at Madge saturday so missed this humdinger) so I can still see them but not having College Gameday is a blow for those Saturdays when I am at a loose end. I think ESPN are owned by Disney now I wonder if they'll start adding it D+.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You couldn't get more "Brownsy" than unexpectedly beating the best team in the league with a QB they picked up just a few days earlier, while their $230m handcuff is still "injured".
It was mostly down to the defense absolutely dominating the 'niners in the 2nd half last night, but the (incredibly safe) offense made a few decent plays when it needed to.
Great morale boosting win that keeps Cleveland in the mix for the AFC North.
Good to see the Browns get a win without Watson. That was impressive.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Completely agree. Luckily I can normally watch the Oregon games live on YouTube (was at Madge saturday so missed this humdinger) so I can still see them but not having College Gameday is a blow for those Saturdays when I am at a loose end. I think ESPN are owned by Disney now I wonder if they'll start adding it D+.
Disney have owned ESPN for quite a long time now - would be great to get live games on D+ but I dont think itll happen unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here