Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I know hes been out the game for a couple of seasons, but many more performances like that from Watson and Browns fans will be calling for Brissett to be back under center. The only way he will justify that ludicrous contract is by taking Cleveland to the Superbowl within the next 5 years and winning it.

Oh, and Im so glad hes "making progress" in his rehab program (as announced by Adam Schefter last night) - Well done mate, you've managed to not sexually assault any women for 3 months. Scumbag.

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos yet again contrive to lose a game in the last two minutes and miss an opportunity to win it with the last kick of the game.

I feel I can copy and paste this from previous weeks. Six out of the last eight defeats by less than one score. Defence plays well again but is spending far too long on the field. I don't mind a losing season if the football is still entertaining but this Broncos offence is so hard to watch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
EEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tight but priceless win for Seattle. Strong offensive performance, mixed from the D bu they did enough in the end.

Best moment of the game, besides the late winning TD, was DK Metcalf superbly trash talking his opposing cornerback. After several prickly exchanges, the pair lined up on the right flank. DK pointed to Jalen Ramsey, then gestured to tell him that he was going to switch flanks, so – come with me if you dare. Then went in motion to the left side as promised, ran the line and pulled in a 15 yard reception for the first down. Ramsey meanwhile remained stranded on the original opposite side, looking both foolish and completely owned.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ah Deshaun, it must've made a refreshing change for my Texans to have someone else booed more than they've been.

Yes, we loved you once, but you deserved all the catcalling and more. For most Texans, your legacy has been irrevocably tainted.

If there was ever a game when both sets of supporters should be reimbursed for their tickets, this was probably it.

The fact we managed to lose possession enough for you to win is secondary here. We've done that enough times already. Par for the course.

But even with our 1-10-1 record and with the Cowboys, Chiefs and Titans up next, we wouldn't have you back.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great game at the Meadowlands last night. I am both disappointed and relieved that the Commanders escaped with the tie. Once the Giants had completed their comeback I really thought there was only one winner. It was only when the desperation that the swashbuckling Heinicke turned up and delivered a peach of a drive to tie the game up.

I was impressed with the Giants considering their recent injury woes, that pass rush is decent and now the game is over I can look back with pleasure at former Duck Kayvon Thibideuax's performance.

The NFC East remarkably still all set to make the playoffs. An unreal season for the division.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great game at the Meadowlands last night. I am both disappointed and relieved that the Commanders escaped with the tie. Once the Giants had completed their comeback I really thought there was only one winner. It was only when the desperation that the swashbuckling Heinicke turned up and delivered a peach of a drive to tie the game up.

I was impressed with the Giants considering their recent injury woes, that pass rush is decent and now the game is over I can look back with pleasure at former Duck Kayvon Thibideuax's performance.

The NFC East remarkably still all set to make the playoffs. An unreal season for the division.
What do you think will happen with the QB situation going into next season? Heinicke is a proper grafter, and I love his Favre-esque style, but will Wentz be back under center when healthy?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What do you think will happen with the QB situation going into next season? Heinicke is a proper grafter, and I love his Favre-esque style, but will Wentz be back under center when healthy?
Very good question. I personally do not think they bring back Wentz next year, I think paying Darron Payne is a better use of that Wentz money. I think we extend Heinicke even if he is not seen as the ultimate answer at QB. I would not be surprised to see Taylor start next year with Howell as the back up and we'll probably pick up QB3 in the draft.

Classic Heinicke this weekend, reasonably poor for the middle of the game but an absolute hero at the end of regulation. Taylor is fun to watch as he just makes things happen and the players will run through a wall for him. The intangibles are immensely strong with him.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As the New York Post says "The game was there to be won, and Daniel Jones had it on fourth-and-3 at the Washington 45 in overtime — and Brian Dabol decided it was better not to lose it than to try to win it."

So a disappointing tie for the Giants which felt more like a loss. And a tie in US sports is as rare as rocking horse shit

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders post another win, all a little too late

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As the New York Post says "The game was there to be won, and Daniel Jones had it on fourth-and-3 at the Washington 45 in overtime — and Brian Dabol decided it was better not to lose it than to try to win it."

So a disappointing tie for the Giants which felt more like a loss. And a tie in US sports is as rare as rocking horse shit
To be fair the Feliciano penalty that took out of field goal range was a bigger factor IMO.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I was talking to a mate last week about how this could be a make or break few months for a few QBs that haven't lived up to expectations yet, and Mayfields name was brought up - so no surprise to see him released by the Panthers yesterday tbh.
Was never happy that the Browns took him #1, and wasn't convinced by him in his time there (although I admitted last Summer that I would've preferred another season with him rather than getting Watson :sneaky: ) - but I expect someone will pick him up to fill a roster gap as we head into the final few weeks of the season.
He will be fighting for his football career come the off-season though I reckon...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Though the Jags have been a lot more competitive this season it feels like it’s a case of 1 step forwards 2 steps back. The defence has been awful, there’s zero pass rush which is unacceptable with the amount of draft capital spent, linebackers can’t cover and we only have one corner. The good news is that TL is now stringing a series of very good performances together, he’s really turned a corner and I just hope the front office find him a TE to throw to, with Kirk and Ridley he really should shine next season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was talking to a mate last week about how this could be a make or break few months for a few QBs that haven't lived up to expectations yet, and Mayfields name was brought up - so no surprise to see him released by the Panthers yesterday tbh.
Was never happy that the Browns took him #1, and wasn't convinced by him in his time there (although I admitted last Summer that I would've preferred another season with him rather than getting Watson :sneaky: ) - but I expect someone will pick him up to fill a roster gap as we head into the final few weeks of the season.
He will be fighting for his football career come the off-season though I reckon...
We'll always have those progressive Insurance ads though. Sadly that was Baker's biggest contribution to the NFL I fear

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agree 100%. I too was disappointed when he was picked in the Draft - but then I wanted Sam Darnold so what do I know! I SO wanted him to be a success, and I always felt a bit guilty criticising him as he was so much better than all the dross we'd had since the re-birth, but it just didn't work out. Hey ho, onwards and upwards - although as we've now got Watson maybe that should be onwards and into the cess-pit.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, he has a chance to round out the season in LA now after being picked up by the Rams. If they were healthy, I would say its a great chance to put himself in the shop window - but with so many injury woes, and no running game to speak of, he is basically there for damage limitation at this point. At least he will enjoy a few weeks in the California sun before being released and starting again....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Agree 100%. I too was disappointed when he was picked in the Draft - but then I wanted Sam Darnold so what do I know! I SO wanted him to be a success, and I always felt a bit guilty criticising him as he was so much better than all the dross we'd had since the re-birth, but it just didn't work out. Hey ho, onwards and upwards - although as we've now got Watson maybe that should be onwards and into the cess-pit.
I was all in on Mahomes the year before after seeing his season highlights at Texas Tech (but I guess we cant complain too much at how Garrett has turned out) & then Josh Allen in 2018. Dont think I've ever been so disappointed with a draft pick as I was when I heard Mayfields name called tbh...well, not since Johnny Manziel in 2014 anyway. I was furious when they drafted him & turned the TV off!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We'll always have those progressive Insurance ads though. Sadly that was Baker's biggest contribution to the NFL I fear
Maybe not, after just taking the Rams 98 yards in for a winning TD in the last 90+ seconds with no timeouts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here