Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well The Commanders actually played a decent half of football for a change and won a game that didn't make me want to poke my eyes. Bar one penalty strewn drive the Packers couldn't handle our defence, and after one of the worst quarters of QB play I have ever seen Taylor Heinicke got his sh*t together and led the team to an enjoyable victory.

Green Bay look very poor right now and the two point margin of defeat flattered them greatly.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
The Jets lose Breece Hall for the season and Alijah Vera-Tucker, I had them down to be a dumpster fire this year and they far exceeded what I thought they could do. Was looking forward to the 2 match ups with the Bills to see just where the Jets are at the moment, without Hall I think they are doomed for the rest of the season.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Jets lose Breece Hall for the season and Alijah Vera-Tucker, I had them down to be a dumpster fire this year and they far exceeded what I thought they could do. Was looking forward to the 2 match ups with the Bills to see just where the Jets are at the moment, without Hall I think they are doomed for the rest of the season.

They've picked up James Robinson from Jacksonville overnight, who is more than capable of taking over the hole left by Hall. I wouldn't write them off just yet...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
James Robinson is a super addition to the Jets assuming his knees hold out, been very unfortunate at Jax and used nowhere near enough, if I was a Jets fan I'd be excited by this move.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
A 6th rounder for Robinson, maybe a 5th if he gains 600 yards, is a steal. Absolutely gutted he’s gone, one of the few bright spots over the last few seasons. Jets have got a good one.

Yep, that's certainly pee'd me off ahead of Sundays game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders crash and burn (again) :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
7-0.

Bow down before the mighty eagles

Attachments

• 4081D22C-12DA-41DB-AFCA-7CE0FDDA3FF2.jpeg
    4081D22C-12DA-41DB-AFCA-7CE0FDDA3FF2.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 24

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For the first time in ages Washington got me out of my seat at the end of a game. Heinicke to McLaurin to set up the win was just incredible. A great end to the day which began with me having a fine day out at Wembley for the Jags Broncos game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trevor Lawrence is terrible 😞
Shocking decision near the goal line. We had Denver all around us.

Just wondering if CJ Stroud might be better……

Seattle deservedly beat the Giants, the offensive line is so battered we just can’t protect the Jones or create room for Saquon…… The fact we’ve won 6 is an achievement in itself.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good day out yesterday despite the result. There was certainly more orange at Wembley than teal.
Etienne is carrying a heavy workload and we don't seem to be using the wideouts enough (why stump up all that cash for Kirk as WR1 and then hardly throw the ball to him).
As for Lawrence, there were times yesterday that i felt like I was watching Blake Bortles still. Awful interception down near the goal line, points on that drive and its a different game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Shocking decision near the goal line. We had Denver all around us.

Just wondering if CJ Stroud might be better……

Seattle deservedly beat the Giants, the offensive line is so battered we just can’t protect the Jones or create room for Saquon…… The fact we’ve won 6 is an achievement in itself.
The sad thing is, he pulled the exact same stunt against the Tinhorns a few weeks back, he’s not learning, he’s got no anticipation and he’s wildly inaccurate.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After a brief sojourn at the dizzy heights of #31 in Week 7's Power Rankings, Week 8 saw normal service resume and a return to #32.

This week's 'What We Learned' heading - "The Texans are worse than we thought".

This makes me wonder if there will be a special emergency measures category for us this week. Or just make us #33. Or lower.

"The Houston fans were successful and impressive in their maintaining a dull boo for four quarters, so they won the game ball for the day."

Looking on the bright side, at least booing's had a good weekend.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
6-1 now for the Vikes. Don't think anyone would've predicted this at the start of the year. Yet another one score win though and I'm sure it'll catch up with us very soon.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Didn't get to watch Seattle last night as was on a plane, but very pleased with the result, and with a team that's becoming increasingly confident and balanced.

And that – most of all – continues to exceed all expectations for a 'transitional/might-only-win-5-or-6-games' season. Dare we start to see the playoffs as possible?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here