[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Absolute clunker from the Jags. Starting to think Lawrence might not be the one, he overthrows everything, puts way too much velocity on the short passing game and anything in the intermediate is a INT waiting to happen. If you haven’t seen his first interception from yesterday then go check it out, one of the most boneheaded decisions you’ll see, though miraculously it wasn’t a stupid as Travon Walker’s decision to spin Davis Mills into the turf when the Texans were on 3rd&20 !!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not sure, Giants are well supported everywhere as well.

Whilst not holding out any hope for a win, we’re also attending and based on your post may be easy to spot 😉😃

Giants played very well second half - Packers didn't and Rodgers made a couple of poor decisions IMO.

What a great day though - spent several hours pre and post game with Packers fans from literally all over the world.

I've been there before with The Albion but yesterday sat at the opposite end, the South Stand.

It's an amazing stadium.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Absolute clunker from the Jags. Starting to think Lawrence might not be the one, he overthrows everything, puts way too much velocity on the short passing game and anything in the intermediate is a INT waiting to happen. If you haven’t seen his first interception from yesterday then go check it out, one of the most boneheaded decisions you’ll see, though miraculously it wasn’t a stupid as Travon Walker’s decision to spin Davis Mills into the turf when the Texans were on 3rd&20 !!

"The Texans' nine straight wins over Jacksonville is the longest winning streak versus the Jaguars by any team in NFL history. Houston's last loss to the Jaguars was Week 15, 2017, when Trevor Lawrence was a senior in high school. Jacksonville has played in an AFC Championship Game (Jan. 21, 2018) more recently than it has defeated the Texans." (from Week 5's 'What We Learned...' on nfl.com)

Unbelievable stats considering just how bad we Texans have been. 4-13 last season, this season looks similar. Or worse.

Blew a 17 point lead in Q4 at home to the Colts in Week 1 and it was all downhill from there. #32 in last week's Power Rankings.

But yes, that unnecessary roughness at 3 and 20 and Stingley's interception were the difference between 2 toothless sides.

Pierce is a real R4 find for us, but I think we might still ruin the Jags hat-trick of consecutive #1 draft picks.

Still, at least we finally got rid of Deshawn Watson. So in many ways it's been a highly successful season already.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Thanks pal and yeah bad decision by him, no reason to fight for more yards at that point just stop the clock. Glad to be 4-1 of course, but we still need to do some work defensively, Donatell as our DC is not really impressing me so far.I think we had our fair share of luck today, and you need that in the NFL at times. Good luck to the Bears against Washington this Thursday; we go to Miami which will not be an easy one, though can't see Tua playing and their backup QB's suck lol so we shall see.

4-1 Baby! We've had a lot of luck this year but we have also made our own luck. No Bridgewater next week either from the looks of things. I know he isn't the same since the injury, but I will always have a soft spot for him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Giants played very well second half - Packers didn't and Rodgers made a couple of poor decisions IMO.

What a great day though - spent several hours pre and post game with Packers fans from literally all over the world.

I've been there before with The Albion but yesterday sat at the opposite end, the South Stand.

It's an amazing stadium.

Yes we stayed behind after and were with Packer fans for some time. Brilliant day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eeeeeeeaaaaaaggggggggllllllleeeeeeessssss

0089B6C7-33DC-4850-ABA0-3C2B529BB1B8.jpeg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders :facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So when is roughing the passer roughing the passer?

[tweet]1579200794737664001[/tweet]

I might be the boards sole Falcons follower here.

I'm still very much LEARNING the game. Maybe into my 4th year of really following NFL properly.

Even I knew IMMEDIATELY that it was a ridiculous call.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can't help thinking that the soft roughing the passer calls this week are as a result of the injury to Tua and the NFL wanting to a) protect its stars and b) avoid more issues and law suits around concussion protocols

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Can't help thinking that the soft roughing the passer calls this week are as a result of the injury to Tua and the NFL wanting to a) protect its stars and b) avoid more issues and law suits around concussion protocols

Maybe so. Not saying you're wrong at all, but I would argue that every other position on the field, except kicker, is more susceptible to concussions than the QB - given that they spend almost every play banging heads with each other....yet you dont get many flags on those hits as people just say its "part of the game" (I say this as someone who experienced a concussion, & wearing a neck brace for a week, from playing the game years ago) Why is exactly the same tackle somewhere else on the field considered OK, when if it was done to a QB in the backfield its not?

Was there a flag on Sunday when the Saints WR Olave was slammed into the turf by Bryant and instantly knocked out cold on his TD catch? No - yet it was much more of a slam down, and easily worse, than either the Brady or Carr situations.
Olave is a "star" - yet nothing was flagged by the refs at all IIRC. I get they want to protect the QB's - but its got ridiculous now when even a small shove / or hand on the helmet draws a flag (let alone taking them to the ground) yet other more blatant hits elsewhere on the field of play get nothing.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
eagles b.jpg

Good to see Lane Johnson of the Eagles raising mental health awareness

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
This could easily be the Steelers worst season on record. We need a true rebuild now.

No run game, one of the worst O-lines in the league, defense is struggling and plagued with injuries. Pickett looks like he has a bright future, but without protection he can't do anything. It would be hilarious for the Steelers to take Pickett in 2022, to then tank the season and get a top 3 pick in a draft that consists of CJ Stroud and Bryce Young.

Fact is since 2015 we've drafted poorly, 6 players drafted in the 1st and 2nd round since then who were busts, and a whole lot more who were never offered a second contract. On top of this Tomlin has routinely traded away draft picks for quick fixes to stay competitive (Witherspoon, Williamson, Schobert) which didn't pan out.

It's going to be a painful 3-5 years for Steelers fans.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
All I can say is thank goodness for Game in 40 on Gamepass, I cannot imagine how awful it would have been to have watched TNF in full this morning. Still a win's a win! HTTC!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great win for the Giants…..

Considering how many injuries we have and that we’re fairly weak in depth, Daboll is doing an incredible job.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another terrible Thursday night game…..
Yup, sorry about that.

Between the Bears and Brighton my interest in this sporting weekend was done by 10pm Friday night. Watched the Jags at the Colts tonight , ostensibly to cheer myself up, only to see an entertaining game, thanks to the relative O v D quality on both teams.

Apologies to DFP if I'm a pariah. As a neutral I enjoyed it. If I was a Jags fan I'd probably have smashed up my laptop at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports