***Official Match Thread*** Brighton and Hove Albion v Brentford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
With Bournemouth winning again the game against them in a couple of weeks is looking tastier and tastier!:albion1:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Decent performance by the team, kept their heads despite not playing too well. Stayed patient in the face of the crowd moaning at the defence passing it between each other and going back to Casper when no obvious options on.

El-abd was brilliant, top performance and we're going to miss him

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In fairness their custodian between the sticks kept them in the game, could easily have been 3 or 4 nil

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
we are top of the league, say we are top of the league! :D

brings a smile to my face when i think about it :D

Sep 1, 2010
Just got back and El-Abd was MOM by a long long way, he was everywhere. Two thoughts though, We do need that striker because a braver and better team could of got a draw this eve, we need to start finishing teams off properly, secondly, Although LuaLua was good again, he needs to recognise that sometimes the pass is the better option rather than shooting, but overall cannot complain as we were solid throughout and brentford did not really threaten too much

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Decent performance by the team, kept their heads despite not playing too well. Stayed patient in the face of the crowd moaning at the defence passing it between each other and going back to Casper when no obvious options on.

El-abd was brilliant, top performance and we're going to miss him

Job done,Like you say El-abd was immense tonight.What a player he has become.Didn't play that well but then again their keeper made a few top saves.I'm loving this.:albion1:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brentford fans are all doom and gloom and calling for the manager's head!

Wonder what the odds are on Nicky Forster being installed as player manager before Christmas?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just got back and El-Abd was MOM by a long long way, he was everywhere. Two thoughts though, We do need that striker because a braver and better team could of got a draw this eve, we need to start finishing teams off properly, secondly, Although LuaLua was good again, he needs to recognise that sometimes the pass is the better option rather than shooting, but overall cannot complain as we were solid throughout and brentford did not really threaten too much

This, with kazenga needs to not be so selfish shooting for goal all the time, there were sevral times when better options were open, and towards the end even murray seemed fed up with one attempt and had that look as though he knew he was not going to get the pass. ( having said that he would have only blocked it on the line !) But over all pleased with the result against a team who came for the draw.:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gatting got one at the weekend. Let's have him back too eh?

Bizarre. Firstly I didn't suggest we should recall Holroyd (yet) and Gatting's hatrick was at a much lower level.

Gatting had plenty of chances to shine for us and it didn't work out for him. Holroyd has had a slow start to his Albion career, but our rather promising manager has shouldered some of the blame for that. It may or may not work out for him here, but it is churlish to write him off already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports