Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I happened to be listening to the radio during Hull's recent game with Everton and the commentators were raving about him.

Well done that lad. Seems to be one of the almost forgotten amongst our many loanees. Is he one of the ones who could finish up at a higher level than the Championship? Musrt be at least good for a good career at Championship level anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe time for a mid window review?

Florin Andone Cádiz (La Liga)
Billy Arce at LDU Quito (Ecuadorian Serie A)
Matt Clarke at West Bromwich Albion (Championship)
Alex Cochrane at Heart of Midlothian (Scottish Premiership)
Jan Paul van Hecke at Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Teddy Jenks at Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership)
Michał Karbownik at Olympiacos (Greek Super League)
Reda Khadra at Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Ryan Longman at Hull City (Championship)
Kaoru Mitoma at Royale Union Saint Gilloise (Belgian First Division A)
Jayson Molumby at West Bromwich Albion (Championship)
Carl Rushworth at Walsall (League Two)
Abdallah Sima at Stoke City (Championship)
Jensen Weir at Cambridge United (League One)
Andi Zeqiri at FC Augsburg (German Bundesliga)
Leo Skiri Østigård to Genoa (Serie A)
Aaron Connolly to Middlebrough (Championship)
Taylor Richards to Birmingham City (Championship)
Kacper Kozlowski to USG (Belgian First Division A)

Moisés Caicedo at Beerschot (Belgian First Division A) - recalled
Christian Walton at Ipswich Town (League One) - recalled and sold permanently to Ipswich
Leo Skiri Østigård at Stoke City (Championship) - recalled and loaned to Genoa Serie A)
Lars Dendoncker at St Johnstone (Scottish Premiership) - recalled

Possibles:
Haydon Roberts possibly to Sheffield Wednesday (League 1) - although Cardiff (Championship) are apparantly also interested.

Any more information (speculative or otherwise!) welcome! - and I'm sure I won't need to ask people to point out anything I've missed!

Last edited:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
van Hecke and Khadra vs Connolly coming up on Monday night, in a promotion push clash.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Getting to be quite a team out there that we could put out -

Rushworth
Ostigard - Van Hecke - Clarke
Longman - Jenks - Molumby - Cochrane
Richards
Khadra - Zeqiri​

................ and even that's leaving out a few who would also have a good shout for inclusion!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tommy Reid (U18 keeper on work experience) apparently had a fantastic game for Burgess Hill Town today in their 3-2 win over league leaders Hastings. MOTM performance according to many.

[tweet]1484932282901319681[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tommy Reid (U18 keeper on work experience) apparently had a fantastic game for Burgess Hill Town today in their 3-2 win over league leaders Hastings. MOTM performance according to many.

[tweet]1484932282901319681[/tweet]

Obviously we think we've developed enough CBs - moved on to breeding GKs now! :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Getting to be quite a team out there that we could put out -

Rushworth
Ostigard - Van Hecke - Clarke
Longman - Jenks - Molumby - Cochrane
Richards
Khadra - Zeqiri​

................ and even that's leaving out a few who would also have a good shout for inclusion!

Encouraging for the future, isn’t it? How does our loan army compare to most other similar sized PL clubs in terms of both numbers and the level of club they’re playing at?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Encouraging for the future, isn’t it? How does our loan army compare to most other similar sized PL clubs in terms of both numbers and the level of club they’re playing at?

Yes indeed - that already looks like a decent Championship side. No idea about other PL clubs loan armies - but I suspect Chelsea's would be pretty good!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know there are some on here who want Connolly to fail (or think he already has), but this is from the Middlesbrough forum (based on half a match) -

"Connolly ran around a lot but saw nothing to impress or to make me think he isn't just another in a long line of Boro loaned Strikers that have underwhelmed us. I'd pick Akpom over him".

That's got to be worth a Boooo. Come on Blackurn!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Khadra subbed after 70 minutes (tired, or slight knock?), full 90s for both van Hecke and Connolly. Connolly will have offers if a huge number of lifts back to Brighton if he wants them, sadly - they've really taken against him.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Obviously we think we've developed enough CBs - moved on to breeding GKs now! :thumbsup:

Maybe using the word training instead of breeding. Breeding GKs seems a bit unethical. Where do they find the taller female GKs to breed with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here