Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely. Exactly. I'm so glad you caught on so quickly.

Thank you for a pathetic attempt to pastronise me, However, it was your sanctimonious and humourless (that'd be 'humorless' to you, I guess) post to which 'a load of bollocks' referred. Now eff off and find something else to be offended about. I shall ignore whatever guff you may come up with next.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thank you for a pathetic attempt to pastronise me, However, it was your sanctimonious and humourless (that'd be 'humorless' to you, I guess) post to which 'a load of bollocks' referred. Now eff off and find something else to be offended about. I shall ignore whatever guff you may come up with next.

So, so negative. Sorry, I ruined your day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Teddy Jenks starting tonight against St. Mirren - seems to be starting to nail down a regular place now. Aberdeen fans won't be happy!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
gyokeres back on striker duty at Coventry. Scores - that's 10 for the season now - the only goal of the game (yes, I do know he's not actually ours any more, but still ,,,,,,,,,)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Connolly starting for 'Boro (up against Big Viktor Gyokeres);
Van Hecke starts for Blackburn - no sign of Khadra even on the bench (injured?);
Clarke back at LCB for West Brom. - Molumby on the bench again;
Longman starts for Hull;
No sign of Weir in the Cambridge squad;
Rushworth starts (of course!);
Cochrane on the bench at Hearts.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Connolly could be as good as finished at Middlesbrough now. Absolute pelters on the Middlesbrough fans forum - maybe he was doomed the minute they signed Balogun on loan from Arsenal, a superstar kid from a big club. Right from day one they were clamouring for Balogun to be brought on to replace Connolly. His best hope was to score before Balogun scored, or at least positively affected a game.
Today he failed - missed a couple of half chances, hooked early in the second half, ridiculed by fans and replaced by Balogun, who two minutes later provided the assist for the winning goal. The subsequent comparisons of Connolly and Balogun have not been complimentory to AC! In fact, he's rated below their existing forwards. Seriously, you could make a case for recalling him to the bench here; still, I suppose the treatment he's getting up there might be 'character forming'.

"connolly hopefully never plays for us again".

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interestingly, another quote from the 'Boro message board today:

"Give Cov a blank cheque for Gyokeres in the summer for me,"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Interestingly, another quote from the 'Boro message board today:

"Give Cov a blank cheque for Gyokeres in the summer for me,"
Gykores looks good in the championship. Just too slow for the EPL. Convinced he won't make it in the prem. For me Albion made right decision as it stands.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gykores looks good in the championship. Just too slow for the EPL. Convinced he won't make it in the prem. For me Albion made right decision as it stands.
Not questionning the decision to sell (even if he does look better in the Championship than Connolly has so far!) - hope we've got a decent sell-on clause though - i think we gave him to Coventry at a pretty much bargain price.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Not questionning the decision to sell (even if he does look better in the Championship than Connolly has so far!) - hope we've got a decent sell-on clause though - i think we gave him to Coventry at a pretty much bargain price.

It was reported to be in the region of £1m IIRC

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tommy Reid had another good game for Burgess Hill v Whitehawk this afternoon. Commanded his area, good with his feet and made a couple of cracking saves. Clean sheet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tommy Reid had another good game for Burgess Hill v Whitehawk this afternoon. Commanded his area, good with his feet and made a couple of cracking saves. Clean sheet.

Good stuff. Like I said, we've obviously got enough CBs ready or in the pipeline - now on with the GK breeding programme! Has Tommy Reid played for us at U18 level at all? - I'm pretty sure he hasn't figured for the U23s yet.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Connolly starting for 'Boro (up against Big Viktor Gyokeres);
Van Hecke starts for Blackburn - no sign of Khadra even on thhe bench (injured?);
Clarke back at LCB for West Brom. - Molumby on the bench again;
Longman starts for Hull;
No sign of Weir in the Cambridge squad;
Rushworth starts (of course!);
Cochrane on the bench at Hearts.

Khadra had a tight hamstring. We (at Blackburn) are hoping he's fit again for the Swansea match.
(Incidentally, I noticed that you are Gloucester-based. I live in New Zealand now, but Gloucester is my home town. Don't ask why I support Blackburn. It's a long story!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Morning (it is here!) R in E, cheers for that. If Gloucester is your home town, guess you can choose any team to support - Gloucester City are pretty rubbish! I was born in Brighton - that's my excuse!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I thought somebody said his loan was up and Burgess Hill had got in another keeper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here