Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Havent played since my last update but marking papers today so should gte four or five games in. Update tomorrow. January sales coming and thinking about new wingers as Mitea, Bennett and Davies have all been under par

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Still in my first season, have signed Arron Davies permanently and picked up Seck on a free, Coleman on loan, signed Lappin at left back and have Leon Clarke coming in January.

Currently lying 6th in the table with Forster and Davies (Craig!!) scoring tons, both into double figures already.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Still in my first season, have signed Arron Davies permanently and picked up Seck on a free, Coleman on loan, signed Lappin at left back and have Leon Clarke coming in January.

Currently lying 6th in the table with Forster and Davies (Craig!!) scoring tons, both into double figures already.

You mean you haven't signed Mifsud?!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
You mean you haven't signed Mifsud?!

Mifsud is a cheeky little shit in mine.
Scores yes, but is unahappy with his wages. He's on 5K ffs!
Fortunately i sent my scouts to find some pearlers and boy i did!
Name's Christian, Brazillian 30+ but he can score.

Physical attributes at least 12
Finishing and Flair 16
composure 13
Heading 15
Work Rate 12
Influence 19 (captain)
Penalty and free kicks 18

All for 95K f***ing coup lads.

55 goals in 60 games :clap::clap:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sitting nicely in eighth with Wolves in the premiership, not had tonnes to spend and not a great wage budget but am bloody pleased with how im doing. Carlton Cole is on fire still, and have spent the rest of my money from selling reserve players to buy Ezqueil Garay from Real Madrid as he was transfer listed (£3.5m) and he is signing in January!
Picked up a young lad for 500k too, only 16 but after repetitive scouting all i got was that he is a future premiership star so signed him up.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Erm. Why do you want to know which people wanted my tactic?! ??? I've no reason to lie.. I got back to two people today who wanted to try it out (I'll send it in the next hour or so guys), plus others from the last game.

And the "past experience" thingy at the start of the game only can effect a few factors, these being reputation (which means you can attract higher reputation players to your club), and when starting unemployed means can get higher-profile jobs. Also, it makes you more likely to get the sack as a high profile appointment if you fail.

For the record, I started on "Automatic" as stated here;

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread - Page 4 - North Stand Chat

if you have a higher experience level it also affects your players immediately after you get the job, as sometimes they say you arent qualified enough, but if you were an international footballer they get good morale straight away

im sitting top of league 1 and about to play in the paint trophy final with a team that contains most of the current brighton 1st team, i didnt really have to replace many of the players (elphicks amazing on the games, hes now worth over 1million), only problems i had were up front

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why am I detecting a smidge of hostility from some folks..?!?!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
27th Jan and am unbeaten since 11th December...including winning away at Doncaster 4-1 in FA3 and home 3-0 against Middlesbro in FA4. In jan sales picked up Gabriel Ozkan for free. Excellen stats but dodgy injury record to replace Thornhill who I couldnt afford to buy. Got david ball in from man City for 120k and Bruma on loan from Chelsea as both Ross and Antwi injured. Mitea is now coming good.

6 pts clear at top of Lge 1 with Southend second and Leeds third.

goalscorers:

Mifsud - 24
Dickinson - 13
Forster -12

Offlers, Pele, Smith and Sanchez have loocked my defence - 26 goals conceded in 28 games.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
27th Jan and am unbeaten since 11th December...including winning away at Doncaster 4-1 in FA3 and home 3-0 against Middlesbro in FA4. In jan sales picked up Gabriel Ozkan for free. Excellen stats but dodgy injury record to replace Thornhill who I couldnt afford to buy. Got david ball in from man City for 120k and Bruma on loan from Chelsea as both Ross and Antwi injured. Mitea is now coming good.

6 pts clear at top of Lge 1 with Southend second and Leeds third.

goalscorers:

Mifsud - 24
Dickinson - 13
Forster -12

Offlers, Pele, Smith and Sanchez have loocked my defence - 26 goals conceded in 28 games.

Good work :thumbsup:

Good find in Ozkan too - definitely one to consider for league one/championship clubs!

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Its fecking great, played 4 games last night with it.
Drew with Walsall at home on opening day of the season 1-1
Beat Reading in Carling cup 3-1
Beat Brentford 3-0
Drew Huddersfield 2-2
Beat Stockport 2-1
Mifsud is quality, as is Mitea.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Beat Brentford 3-0
Drew Huddersfield 2-2
Beat Stockport 2-1

Thank you :blush:

I did spend a stupid amount of time on it though.. great to hear some positive feedback :smile:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Beat Brentford 3-0
Drew Huddersfield 2-2
Beat Stockport 2-1

How do you ever only play 4 games on FM?

I have not brought this as i know i will never sleep, the night before glasonbury this year i picked up my laptop at 8 thought id have a quick game, before popping off to bed around 10, next thing i no its 3am being picked up at 4 :dunce:

ended up staying up all night and all day couldnt sleep on the way down, there. god damm you football manager god dammm youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I have cheated severely by taking over Man City and buying El-Abd for £100 Million then buying us a load of Brazilian and Argentinian megastars. Now we're in the Prem with an allstar XI but bleeding goals cos they're all so unhappy at playing for a "small" club and Bloom's gonna sack me :down:

See Thierry, cheats never prosper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here