***Official England v USA thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So on HD it went to an advert and you missed the goal ?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Did ITV miss that goal, or was that just ITV HD that went to commercial?

I was on ITVHd, missed the goal because they went to advert.
Pathetic service.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
f***ing ITV HD, put it on to commercials during the goal!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Happened to me on HD.

I was just about to defend the ad breaks, pointing out how sky, the gold standard of football television presentation, have commercials, and so commercial breaks aren't a reason to condemn ITV, there are plenty of other reasons instead.

Then my itv hd went to that stupid italy/S. Africa cars playing football thing, when it came back we were 1-0 up.

Commercial breaks are fine, interrupting the live football action for them, is not, even if you don't miss a goal.
:tantrum: :mad: :US:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
ITV pathetic wankers f*** off now and give football to sky or bbc :angry::angry: :angry: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :censored: :censored:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Can't quite believe this has happened again, but I'm almost 100% sure it would have been out of control of ITV just like last time at the FA cup.

A cue to a break would have been left in the schedule and not overridden.

ITV don't do the transmission, a very different company does. No-one at ITV makes the "commercials happen", just doesn't work like that anymore.

I'd like to a fly on the wall when the next contract is renegotiated. Transmission these days is so technically complicated, unfortunately ITV can't either do it themselves or take it anywhere else in the short term.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seeing the replay, Heskey occupied the defender, drew him out leaving the gap for Gerrard. Heskey 1 Anti-heskey group 0.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seeing the replay, Heskey occupied the defender, drew him out leaving the gap for Gerrard. Heskey 1 Anti-heskey group 0.

Bobby Z would have done exactly the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports