Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official England v USA thread***

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Can't quite believe this has happened again, but I'm almost 100% sure it would have been out of control of ITV just like last time at the FA cup.

A cue to a break would have left in the schedule and not overridden.

ITV don't do the transmission, a very different company does,

Once is an accident twice is incompetant

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody hell, you fork half a fortune for a fab widescreen HD telly and ITV let me down. Tossers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Once is an accident twice is incompetant

Exactly, but it won't be ITVs fault - although they will apologise and not say publically that it was the other company's fault.

I know ITVs general coverage can be a bit rubbish, but things like that really are in the hands of someone else - not a small company either.

To be fair, "ITV transmission" is by all accounts a bit of a nightmare to operate and the chances of it going wrong at the time of a goal is very slim.

Whoops.

Less likely to happen at the BBC because they don't breaks (which really complicate things) but worth mentioning that they don't do their own transmission either.

Unfortunately someone not a great wage will (by any standards) will be in a lot of trouble on Monday if it's down to human error.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sky have as many ad breaks but I cannot ever remember them cocking up

They do the transmission themselves.

Technically this is a bigger cock up than last time, because there wouldn't have been a scheduled break like last time.

I'd imagine it's a computer gone a bit mental.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Heskey rushed his cross. I am sure Bobby Z would have done better!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shaun Wright-Philips on. I thought he would be on from the start!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Milner off in less than 30 minutes? I would guess on top of the yellow card that Milner has shown to be a little less fit than they hoped, which would make him more likely to be redded off the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here