Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is all over Twitter:

UK media reporting #Eng side to face #Fra: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Ox-Chamberlain, Wellbeck, Young

Happy if so.
Likewise. That's as good a team as we could have hoped. The striker role was always going to be a bone of contention but I fancy either Carroll or Wellbeck to be more prolific than some of the strikers we've seen in this tournament so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a good feeling.

We are going to the tournament.

We may not win this match, but we will win the tournament.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I knew this would happen. I,m starting to believe. Why oh why do I do it ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Young, Welbeck.

confirmed starting XI

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Young, Welbeck.

confirmed starting XI
mmmmm.....what a lot of average players, never know though, the team may be greater than the sum of its parts.

:eek:ptimistic:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fifteen minutes in usually cures that.

Yes you are probably right but I,m just in the process of putting money on a convincing England win. It's an illness isn,t it ?
I do quite well with racing bets but always lose money on Brighton and England. Heart over head and all that.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
France may be good going forward but their defence is shakey at best, if we can isolate/mark out the game Benzema then we are in with a shot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fifteen minutes in usually cures that.
Twas ever thus. The team is announced, people get excited (unless someone truly crap is in there), we collectively decide HELL YEAH, WE CAN WIN THIS.

Then 5 or 6 minutes in, and the game settles into a familiar pattern of England being completely unable to hold the ball.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
due to the inclusion of the OX i am now shitting myself with exitement, not been looking forward to this at all.

Time to stick on Vindaloo and get INVOLVED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here