Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tomorrow will be tough but I don't think we should be worried about Ukraine or Sweden. Don't for one minute think they will be easy games, but I do think we can beat them.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I hate to say it - but I can't follow with any enthusiasm an England team with John Terry in it. What the f*** were you thinking Roy ?

To be fair he (obviously) was only ever going to be able to pick one of them so you have to go with who you think is the better player. I CAN NOT STAND JOHN TERRY as a man but although a bit slow, I reluctantly have to agree he IS a better player than Rio. You have to pick your best players (even if he is a vile racist (allegedly) cheating twunt of a man)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can't see us beating France tonight. I hate being negative about our chances, but England have never really given me cause to be anything else. However I do think we will scrape out of the group. But anything after that will be a bonus. Come on lads, prove me wrong.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
To be fair he (obviously) was only ever going to be able to pick one of them so you have to go with who you think is the better player. I CAN NOT STAND JOHN TERRY as a man but although a bit slow, I reluctantly have to agree he IS a better player than Rio. You have to pick your best players (even if he is a vile racist (allegedly) cheating twunt of a man)

Can't agree. When you pick a team to represent your country there are other considerations. Somehow his legal team got the case put back to after the Euros which only adds to the stink surrounding the bloke, and was a ridiculous decision by the legal system. Roy should just have said he wants to move the team forward.

I love watching England - and to have that bloke representing our country sickens me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't agree. When you pick a team to represent your country there are other considerations. Somehow his legal team got the case put back to after the Euros which only adds to the stink surrounding the bloke, and was a ridiculous decision by the legal system. Roy should just have said he wants to move the team forward.

I love watching England - and to have that bloke representing our country sickens me.
He sickens us all. I'm hoping for an England win - ideally from the penalty spot after John Terry has his leg snapped by a black Frenchman in the 18 yard box followng a corner.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think RH will set us up as being hard to beat... Whether or not we can keep the French out over 90 mins and sneak a goal is another matter!

My heart says an undeserved 1-0 win for us but my head says a narrow win for them... I would take a 0-0 draw if offered now.

Come on England it's time to turn it on by playing as a unit.

Hopefully Downing will pull a hamstring or something during the warm up and Oxo cube will be our new hero! I can hope can't I?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He sickens us all. I'm hoping for an England win - ideally from the penalty spot after John Terry has his leg snapped by a black Frenchman in the 18 yard box followng a corner.

You are a hard man ............ I don't wish that on the bloke - I just do not want him anywhere near the squad. I am not sure if I care whether England win if he is in the team. I will see how I feel at kick-off I suppose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are a hard man ............ I don't wish that on the bloke - I just do not want him anywhere near the squad. I am not sure if I care whether England win if he is in the team. I will see how I feel at kick-off I suppose.
No I don't suppose I really mean it, but like you I just can't stand the bloke.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
truly shocked at radio reports this morning that Milner and Downing are starting today. I might not watch now, its so f***ing frustrating, what the hell do people see in Downing, tell me one f***ing highlight from his carear so far that is worth mentioning. Remind me of a decent cross? You have Walcott in the squad, one player who could tear the french back 4 apart with his pace, a big game player (Arsenal v Barca and England v Croatia) and we dont f***ing play him. Its like Spain dropping Xavi or France not playing Ribery. The french must be laughing over breakfast this morning, "Johnson and Milner to stop Ribery, hahahahahaha" I can see it now.

Please note that if the team selected on talk sport is incorrect and Walcot does start, I take back all the above.

France 2 England 0 and I think they will play us off the park, but Hart will be MOM.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
and also, his reason for not picking Rio was basically age and form, and he is building for the future, but then dont play OXO or Walcott.......Work that one out.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I have no expectations for us this time around, so any kind of result will be a bonus

This! Sadly.. England through and through, but just can't see how we are going to get far with the squad we have.. Would love to be proven wrong though..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even if we lose 5-0, it won't hurt anything like as much as in Euro 2004, when we went a goal up, had a penalty saved and then lost the game by conceding TWO injury time goals.

It was an England sporting f*** up that only the Ashes cricket flids could match in recent times by somehow losing that second test in Adelaide, Dec 2006.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
truly shocked at radio reports this morning that Milner and Downing are starting today. I might not watch now, its so f***ing frustrating, what the hell do people see in Downing, tell me one f***ing highlight from his carear so far that is worth mentioning. Remind me of a decent cross? You have Walcott in the squad, one player who could tear the french back 4 apart with his pace, a big game player (Arsenal v Barca and England v Croatia) and we dont f***ing play him. Its like Spain dropping Xavi or France not playing Ribery. The french must be laughing over breakfast this morning, "Johnson and Milner to stop Ribery, hahahahahaha" I can see it now.

Please note that if the team selected on talk sport is incorrect and Walcot does start, I take back all the above.

France 2 England 0 and I think they will play us off the park, but Hart will be MOM.

Can't see Walcott starting. The French will have Evra and Ribery coming down our right hand side and having Glen Jonhson, who isn't the greatest defender with Walcott in front of him could be disastrous. Milner isn't going to set the world on fire but he's solid, dependable and a willing runner to help out at the back. That's the way England will play under Roy, we'll be compact, make sure our shape is right (looking at you Gerrard) and try and sneak a goal on the counter attack with the pace of Young and Welbeck. Of course if we go 1 down then we're in the shit.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got to love the Sun newspaper sometimes..... complete rag, but good footie section and love some of their stunts!

they just lit up the Eiffel tower with an English 'come on England flag' :lol:

1442u74.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The tournaments first 0-0 I reckon. And a decent result that would be to start with !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here