Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Why not, lets play to our strengths!! Looking at form this season.....
Joe Hart - possible one of the best in the world right now. Ash Cole - again possible one of the best left backs in the world. John Terry - had a good season on the pitch...ish. Lescott (if he plays) Solid for City this year and learnt a lot from Kompany. Johnson - Seems one of Englands regular performers this year.
We have a good back 5 so we could quite possibly build on this and do OK.
Not many teams have the quality we do at the back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is all over Twitter:

UK media reporting #Eng side to face #Fra: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Ox-Chamberlain, Wellbeck, Young

Happy if so.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Can't agree. When you pick a team to represent your country there are other considerations. Somehow his legal team got the case put back to after the Euros which only adds to the stink surrounding the bloke, and was a ridiculous decision by the legal system. Roy should just have said he wants to move the team forward.

I love watching England - and to have that bloke representing our country sickens me.
Spot on imo :thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
... which is why they have to cut inside.
But it's not like that's something they do all the time. Downing just tries to get to the byline all the time, Milner used to play a lot of early crosses like a poor man's Beckham, but I suppose it's been so long since anyone thought he was a right winger he may have changed that. In secret.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

UK media reporting #Eng side to face #Fra: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Ox-Chamberlain, Wellbeck, Young

Happy if so.

I think Roy told the players his starting line up last night so hopefully one of them has spilled the beans and this is infact true :)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
But it's not like that's something they do all the time. Downing just tries to get to the byline all the time, Milner used to play a lot of early crosses like a poor man's Beckham, but I suppose it's been so long since anyone thought he was a right winger he may have changed that. In secret.

No, I guess we're saying the same thing. They used to deliver great balls but the pace or confidence seems to have gone so now they have to cut inside a lot. That's what I think anyways. Cue: Downing assist.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Happy if so.
Not much to dislike there (apart from Terry) if this is true,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The key 100% is, Gerrard being disciplined and helping keep our shape, as he does have a tendancy to drag the rest of the team out of place, also watch those lunged tackles. Terry against pace worries me, but was always going to happen.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, I guess we're saying the same thing. They used to deliver great balls but the pace or confidence seems to have gone so now they have to cut inside a lot. That's what I think anyways. Cue: Downing assist.
:lolol: I think we can agree they aren't the most inspiring widemen.

Hopefully it's true Downing's not playing at least, watching him genuinely makes me angry. :moo:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can see France going 2-NIL up and Wellbeck being withdrawn for Carroll, who then proceeds to be involved in a goal. But too little, too late and we lose 2-1.

If that "leaked" side is correct then I think Hodgson has got it right, apart from the Wellbeck/Carroll selection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here