Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** official bhafc transfer rumours and official transfers in and out thread *****

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle after Dunk according to The always accurate Sun.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pat Bamford will NOT be coming, but Pat Roberts COULD be on his way.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think we all need some clarity on what is an official rumour and what is an unofficial rumour.

I'd go with unless it comes from BG via Football Rumours we must treat it as unofficial.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Any half decent player is going to be linked with Newcastle this summer - with £60m to spunk on players they're obviously going to spend like its el fin del mundo - which it may well prove to be for them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're in a unique position I feel. We've got players that other clubs could come in for but we know roughly how much money those other clubs have; I mean teams like Newcastle, Burnley, Boro, Bournemouth etc, and thus we can bump the prices accordingly.

Why does that make us unique ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Newcastle after Dunk according to The always accurate Sun.

I can believe that. Trying to be objective, it's the sort of club that Dunk could thrive at. I reckon the Geordie fans would love his style of play: an excellent defender who gives his all and can be quite sublime at times but is prone to brain farts with tackles that make you despair. That there is a microcosm of how they've played for 20 years. Also, Newcastle proved with their last match win that they can and should be a lower middle of the table Premier League side and that's where Bournemouth are right now. Elphick and Cook are doing okay and Dunk is better than both of those so I don't think he will struggle in their team. And they can offer mega bucks. :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry I meant unique to us. As in, I don't recall us being in a position to dictate prices like this before.

Ah, I see.

Well every player has his price, but its pretty clear nobody will be leaving us on the cheap. Tony played hardball last summer when Fulham turned Dunks head, so anyone looking to poach one of our key players will have to pay through the nose for them.

That'll only increase CH's warchest, and our recruitment of late has, on the whole, been excellent. So all in all, I'm pretty relaxed going into this transfer window - we're in an infinitely better position than we were 12 months ago when the squad needing a major overhaul. We've done that skilfully over the last 12-18 months, no reason to believe that won't continue.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So is this the thread to make unfounded guesses as to who we'll sign this summer or is it to highlight rumours doing the rounds?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Any half decent player is going to be linked with Newcastle this summer - with £60m to spunk on players they're obviously going to spend like its el fin del mundo - which it may well prove to be for them.

Is that 60m in parachute payments or their 'war chest'? I'm sure wages will eat into a big chunk of the parachute payments, Shelvey etc.. did not have relegation clauses in their contracts. If they can't move them on it could become expensive.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From memory , last seasons pre season rumour thread turned up 0% of the players we actually went on to sign , so its fine to mention any old tosh , therefore i submit Hatem Ben Arfa as my pre season punt .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Football rumours saying Norwich will go for Knockaert if they sell Redmond. That seems a logical move but I dont think CH will be keen to sell any 1st team players unless it is for silly money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Football rumours saying Norwich will go for Knockaert if they sell Redmond. That seems a logical move but I dont think CH will be keen to sell any 1st team players unless it is for silly money.
Not going to happen.

We are not selling Knockaert to a Championship club no matter how many of their unimaginative guessing fans might post it on the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here