Official Albion v Derby Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thornton was BUSY, Brett, but there was literally NO end product which is unusual for him.

Richards was poor, but nowhere near as INEPT as Fleetwood.

Maybe, but I didnt think he was poor, and quite rightly got MOM (only Elphick stood out for me other than Thornton)

Thornton was everywhere getting the ball back, and carved them open with some great Cruyff turns and simpler passes. Maybe he didnt put in some killer passes, but he was certainly our most dangerous player

As for Fleetwood, I thought he did OK, he even had a great moment running 60yards back to tackle their winger, by no means inept, but should have at least challenged for some headers that were dropping from high out the sky.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Dreadful performance. Defensively we're a SHAMBLES. Sullivan messed up big time for the first goal, Hawkins even more so for the second. The fourth was just embarrassing all round. Surely Hawkins has to be dropped in favour of Virgo now?

Going forward we started well, were on fire for 10 minutes, then didn't do a lot else. At the moment the midfield is the biggest positive about our team but the likes of Thornton were poor tonight by his standards. We were second to everything. Fleetwood was probably the worst player on the pitch. How he didn't score in the opening minutes I don't know - probably the most embarrassing miss I've seen at Withdean. He also doesn't challenge for ANY, and I mean literally ANY, ball that's in the air. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Overall, a load of f***ing rubbish, but I've never given a shit about any cup competition so 'mildly disappointed' probably covers my feelings. I know noone will agree, but I'd not be bothered in the slightest if we go out the other two cups in the next eight days.

Far from being a dreadful performance. I thought Fleetwood looked quite good , it was a good clearance off the line by Jordan Stewert and the second chance he passed to Murray to try to make sure and it was said to not be offside anyway . I do agree though that he did not win alot in the air but thats obviously not his strengths.

We were outclassed by some players who played in the premiership last year so i can't moan sorry . :thumbsup:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Your Analysis

Not how I saw it, Drew. Firstly his biggest crime was taking an absolute AGE to shoot. He should have shot when he got through and was about 8 yards out, but instead he got into the 6 yard box and hesitated. That's what gave the defender a chance to get back. Shoot earlier and the defender's nowhere. Secondly, he hit it at a perfect height for the defender to block. Low or high and it would have been in. Lastly, after waiting for about 5 seconds more than he should have, he didn't even place it particularly well. A truly SHOCKING 'finish' in my book.

I've just watched that shot back on video and your assesement is frankly bollocks, the pass he received forced him wide left he ran towards the angle of the six yard box and once he got there he hit what would normally have been a goal scoring shot, the defender did incredible well to get back and clear it. So I think you analysis is SHOCKING in my book.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Ah, but you're the cameraman, John, so you have the benefit of the video tape. Drop round my house and we'll watch the tape together. Then my assessment might not be so bollocks!!!

Cameraman Sir!!!!! Haha, I'd love to take you up on your offer sometime, but I still think he was a bit unlucky. Unlike Muzza's "offside" goal, shame the lino got that so wrong, who knows what might have happend then.:rant:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Here's a bit of proof

Not that it's going to do us much good now, but it's still a bit annoying

Attachments

• Onside Murray.jpg
    Onside Murray.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 88

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports