Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Albion v Derby Thread

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
did well to get past Man City, quite happy with how we did in the competition...lets focus on the next two games and then the league...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unlucky lads. Beaten by the better team on the night.

Onwards and upwards.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dreadful performance. Defensively we're a SHAMBLES. Sullivan messed up big time for the first goal, Hawkins even more so for the second. The fourth was just embarrassing all round. Surely Hawkins has to be dropped in favour of Virgo now?

Going forward we started well, were on fire for 10 minutes, then didn't do a lot else. At the moment the midfield is the biggest positive about our team but the likes of Thornton were poor tonight by his standards. We were second to everything. Fleetwood was probably the worst player on the pitch. How he didn't score in the opening minutes I don't know - probably the most embarrassing miss I've seen at Withdean. He also doesn't challenge for ANY, and I mean literally ANY, ball that's in the air. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Overall, a load of f***ing rubbish, but I've never given a shit about any cup competition so 'mildly disappointed' probably covers my feelings. I know noone will agree, but I'd not be bothered in the slightest if we go out the other two cups in the next eight days.

Is that you on the radio. Neil?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
totally different class. If you assume that Leicester and Milwall ae up there in our division and Derby were struggling up to a couple of weeks ago, you can see the huge devide.

Of our players only Elphic could get in their team ( the cov lad apart)

Put that one down to experience and move on.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fleetwood was probably the worst player on the pitch. How he didn't score in the opening minutes I don't know - probably the most embarrassing miss I've seen at Withdean. He also doesn't challenge for ANY, and I mean literally ANY, ball that's in the air. I've never seen anything quite like it.

It was very odd.............dont think I,ve ever seen a front player, apart from tonight, who just doesn,t make any effort to win the ball in the air.

He,s obviously got pace.............but he,ll need more than that to make a success of it in the Football League. Very disappointing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fleetwood has bags of pace but no aerial ability. So, the right strategy is to play to his strengths and stop moaning when he doesn't win the aerial balls!!! We could have been 3-0 up but weren't but having said that, their first goal looked like a foul on the keeper from where we are and I'm damn sure 99 refs out of 100 would have agreed. As for the second, we were caught sleeping just having had the wrong offiside decision go against us. Ball played forward and Fleetwood clearly offside but Anyansah wasn't and he was the one who ran on to collect the ball. Linesman flagged for Fleetwood when he didn't even touch the ball. Virtually straight from the free kick they got the second.

At the end of the day, we've had a good cup run and unfortunately came up against a Derby team on the up. Nevertheless, they didn't to deserve to lose 4-1. Bring on Hartlepool and the road to Wembley remains open!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very confident tonight, not sure why but we are developing into a good team so I have even put a £10 bet on a straight win.

Silly me :dunce:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dreadful performance. Defensively we're a SHAMBLES. Sullivan messed up big time for the first goal, Hawkins even more so for the second. The fourth was just embarrassing all round. Surely Hawkins has to be dropped in favour of Virgo now? rather see El Abd there.

Fleetwood was probably the worst player on the pitch. How he didn't score in the opening minutes I don't know - probably the most embarrassing miss I've seen at Withdean. Can't agree with you. Did everything right but was foiled by an excellent,desparate goal line clearance by the defender who ended in the back of the net.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Dreadful performance. Defensively we're a SHAMBLES. Sullivan messed up big time for the first goal, Hawkins even more so for the second. The fourth was just embarrassing all round. Surely Hawkins has to be dropped in favour of Virgo now?

Going forward we started well, were on fire for 10 minutes, then didn't do a lot else. At the moment the midfield is the biggest positive about our team but the likes of Thornton were poor tonight by his standards. We were second to everything. Fleetwood was probably the worst player on the pitch. How he didn't score in the opening minutes I don't know - probably the most embarrassing miss I've seen at Withdean. He also doesn't challenge for ANY, and I mean literally ANY, ball that's in the air. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Overall, a load of f***ing rubbish, but I've never given a shit about any cup competition so 'mildly disappointed' probably covers my feelings. I know noone will agree, but I'd not be bothered in the slightest if we go out the other two cups in the next eight days.

I have to say, you've hit the nail on the head with that one, and was exactly my thoughts.

Also 'the great' Glenn Murray didnt even look like he wanted to be there and was embarassing, and as for people saying that they thought we played well, well f*** me, if thats playing well i'd hate to see what were like playing bad! Apart from the first 20 mins, were we played well, the rest was shambles, i mean Thornton 3 f***ing foul throws pretty much summed up our night- Shit!

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I almost disagree with everything here
I thought Thornton was our only good player, turning their players inside out and putting some decent passes in, he needs to shoot sometimes is my only criticism

I thought Richards was the worst player on the pitch. Fleetwood just should have been more selfish and had shots instead of trying to pass when he was in dangerous positions. Fleetwoods miss was an amazing clearance off the line, but I agree he should have shot earlier

I didnt think we were rubbish, but there was an obvious gulf in class between them and us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here