Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oasis or Blur?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Love both. I think Oasis might just edge it, but not by a lot and it depends on my mood! Both great bands.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Can't bloody stand that pair of whining Mancunian twerps. That's probably the most controversial thing I'll say on this forum, so best get it out of my system now.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
OASIS

Damon Albarn and his nauseating Chas n Dave impression just wasn't my idea of music. To me Blur were just a gimmick act with no substance.

Shed Seven were a million miles better than Blur.

Stumpy Tim

Close, but Oasis. I don't think Blur would have been as successful without their rivalry with Blur. I loved them both though. As [MENTION=8329]Spider[/MENTION] says, Suede should also be mentioned in the same company. Dog Man Star is probably better than any Blur album & up there with the first two of Oasis.

Pulp had a cracking tune in Common People, but otherwise were way below the standard of these three. The same could be said of The Verve, though they had three of four cracking tunes.

So for me it's Oasis, Suede, Blur, The Verve, Pulp in that order.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blur by a long chalk. Oasis made two excellent albums but then quickly ran out of ideas and tunes.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Between the two

Best Album : Definately Maybe

Best track/single : Rock & Roll Star

Best Live (9 times seen both) Blur, Blur, Blur, Blur, Oasis, Oasis, Oasis, Oasis, Oasis

Best chat with band member : Liam & Noel @ Escape Club aftershow party 1st tour

Best chat with guest performer : Jimmy aka Phil in Walkabout pre Parklife cameo at the Centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here