Oasis or Blur?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I regularly think exactly that.

Some of the album tracks on Blurs 13 and Think Tank album are excellent. Think Tank certainly has a real depth rather than the happy Madness like Country House and Park Life singles that they will be remembered for.

If you are going on singles then its Oasis, but Damon Albarns real writing genius is in the composition of some of the lesser known album tracks.

This skill then transgresses to his later projects like Gorillaz which pushes the musical boundries further, whereas Gallaghers High Flying Birds rest in the comfort zone of an Oasis type genre. Nothing wrong with that but not ground breaking.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
At the time, definitely Oasis. Looking back, starting to think Blur.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The Masterplan blows your theory completely out of the water, all B sides but arguably one of Oasis' top 3 albums.

Some of the album tracks on Blurs 13 and Think Tank album are excellent. Think Tank certainly has a real depth rather than the happy Madness like Country House and Park Life singles that they will be remembered for.

If you are going on singles then its Oasis, but Damon Albarns real writing genius is in the composition of some of the lesser known album tracks.

This skill then transgresses to his later projects like Gorillaz which pushes the musical boundries further, whereas Gallaghers High Flying Birds rest in the comfort zone of an Oasis type genre. Nothing wrong with that but not ground breaking.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
REM. Weren't "indie" by the end of the 90's but certainly were at the beginning and their early stuff is SO much better than any of the bands mentioned above. I saw them on 1987 and it remains the best gig I have ever been to.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Another Oasis here, can't we have a poll save counting up the posts?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Out of the two, Blur by a mile, hated Oasis (although a fair amount of that was due to Liam admittedly). Half Man Half Biscuit were better than both though.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
REM. Weren't "indie" by the end of the 90's but certainly were at the beginning and their early stuff is SO much better than any of the bands mentioned above. I saw them on 1987 and it remains the best gig I have ever been to.

Worthing Carioke?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Tourfilm is one of the greatest tour films ever made. "That better not be styrofoam pal!"

41shw3Z227L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Both shit and I struggle to understand how either are described as "Indie". I effectively stopped listening to music seriously after that Brit Pop nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports