Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T John Byrne

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Such a classy player. I couldn't believe it when we signed him. And he more than lived up to expectations on the pitch.

His goal as Anfield in the 2-2 FA Cup match is one of my favourite Albion memories, not least because it was my first ever away game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Such a classy player. I couldn't believe it when we signed him. And he more than lived up to expectations on the pitch.

His goal as Anfield in the 2-2 FA Cup match is one of my favourite Albion memories, not least because it was my first ever away game.
What a moment that was :clap2: :love:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Wonderful player. And looked fabulous in the Sandtex pyjama kit we had in the early '90's.

He sat, in near obscurity, close to my sons and I in the family stand at the Amex until last season with his son. Liked a murray mint from memory.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I HATED him (and Mike Small) when he first signed for us. The swine had taken the mighty Garry Nelson's place in the starting line up and my 10 year old self was as incandescent with rage as a 10 year old smarting at the sleight to his hero can be.

didn't take long until both he and small became heroes too. Great player and great strike partnership. Would have been even better if we'd played with a front three...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Great player and loved the strike partnership with Mike Small.

Does anyone else recall his signature move? He used to kid the ref that he'd chest trapped the ball but in reality he was superbly adept at catching it in the crook of his chest and upper arm. Handball!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thank you for that. Still remember that game so well. As a kid, I just couldn’t believe we’d held Liverpool. Johnnie Byrne - what a legend!

I never liked Ian Rush after that game though, he was offside wasn’t he?!
Ian Rush, who's he....
How far offside was Liverpool's second goal! :D
Was a great game though, VAR ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Top day out that one. Johnny Crumplin had John Barnes in his back pocket. Afterwards mate decided to have an al fresco wee and only got away with not being nicked because the WPC was laughing at him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How far offside was Liverpool's second goal! :D
You know what, they should probably bring in some kind of technology where you can re-watch the goal to see if there was an offence. You could draw some lines on the grass to help out with any offside decision and then give the goal to Liverpool anyway.

:moo:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I broke my seat celebrating the equaliser!

Oops!

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Always a pleasure to 'work' with

File10a 95_96392.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here