O/t Daybreak shows us all that's wrong in this country

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Sadly, typical of many.
We now have generations of non-working parents. From an early age individuals are taught how to ' work the system '
How to extract every available benefit from the state. Allowances for invalidity, disabled, caring, job-seeking etc. You name it they claim it.
They are provided with accomodation for next to nothing and are happy being supported by the tax-payer.
And all the time, thousands are being employed in the public sector, ensuring that these people receive all that they are entitled to. Sometimes they need reminding that they qualify for extra allowance and the public sector are only too happy to ensure that they get this additional payment.
It makes you wonder why you work all week, employ people and pay taxes, when there are thousands out there sticking two fingers up to the rest of us.

Soon to be joined by many more Romanian gypsies with loads of kids - (actually they are here already) but wait till next January!

We have enough of our own scum without continually importing the rest of the worlds - We need to stand up and say enough is enough we cant take this anymore

Dandyman

In London village.
"As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome."— Noam Chomsky

Camicus

Sadly, typical of many.
We now have generations of non-working parents. From an early age individuals are taught how to ' work the system '
How to extract every available benefit from the state. Allowances for invalidity, disabled, caring, job-seeking etc. You name it they claim it.
They are provided with accomodation for next to nothing and are happy being supported by the tax-payer.
And all the time, thousands are being employed in the public sector, ensuring that these people receive all that they are entitled to. Sometimes they need reminding that they qualify for extra allowance and the public sector are only too happy to ensure that they get this additional payment.
It makes you wonder why you work all week, employ people and pay taxes, when there are thousands out there sticking two fingers up to the rest of us.

I call B*LLSHIT prove it go on because when people went looking for the generations of workless and the thousands lining up to milk the system they couldn't find them. The fact that people are shocked by this person shows how rare they are.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I love the Poles. Best nation and people on the planet. Very hard working, a great life attitude. We need MORE of them here.
Worse nation to ever step foot in the UK, I know many British tradesman who struggle to pay their mortgage and feed their families due to the Poles undercutting everyone to the point of ridiculous.

I imagine your quite happy for their kids back in Poland to receive child benefit to.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
For every person reliant on benefits with no intention ever to contribute, I am sure there are many thousands who fiddle the system elsewhere (cash in hand etc). And as mentioned, many companies who do not pay anything near to what they should contribute in tax.

What is the cost to society of her family? Free health. Free education. I don't think she would ever be able to pay that back. Her children, on the other hand, may make some contribution in the future.

She's not doing anything wrong. How many people can say they have never taken cash in hand or what-have-you? That is a massive problem. Has the OP never taken cash in hand?

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I call B*LLSHIT prove it go on because when people went looking for the generations of workless and the thousands lining up to milk the system they couldn't find them. The fact that people are shocked by this person shows how rare they are.

We are not shocked we feel resigned at an example that is played out within all of our communities.

They might have 6, 5, 4, 3 ,2 children with its associated benefits, it needn't be exclusively a single mum either.

Most reasonable people understand the merits of an appropriate benefits system, but why you feel so hesitant to acknowledge its failings is wholly bizarre.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
For every person reliant on benefits with no intention ever to contribute, I am sure there are many thousands who fiddle the system elsewhere (cash in hand etc). And as mentioned, many companies who do not pay anything near to what they should contribute in tax.

I assume the opening poster has never accepted cash in hand or what-have-you.

Why would you feel it somehow legitimises those that have no intention to work or contribute.

If you wish to argue the merits of those that work and pay in full every liable tax against those that perhaps do not, fine.

But why you would then feel it offers a reason for yours and my taxes to allow another non working non productive adult to live a chosen lifestyle that is comparable to a working wage is beyond me.

Its an odd analysis ......

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Why would you feel it somehow legitimises those that have no intention to work or contribute.

If you wish to argue the merits of those that work and pay in full every liable tax against those that perhaps do not, fine.

But why you would then feel it offers a reason for yours and my taxes to allow another non working non productive adult to live a chosen lifestyle that is comparable to a working wage is beyond me.

Its an odd analysis ......

And benefits are net figures. The gross equivalent wage in this woman's case would be some 40 grand...........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sadly, typical of many.

A very twisted view of the world.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And benefits are net figures. The gross equivalent wage in this woman's case would be some 40 grand...........

You may wish to add Free School Meals/Trips/dentist/opticians blah blah blah.

She could never walk out of her front door to do a job of work for anything less than £50 000 per year salary to maintain her current lifestyle.

Its an absolute insult to all workers that chose a route that most reasonable thinking people would subscribe to, even those that do an odd cash job or pay the minimum legal requirement to the tax man.

Its a broken system.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pure speculation, of course.

However, I wonder whether it's no accident that there is perpetually a benefits system with lots of anomalies which throws up perceived injustices such as the one publicised. If you generally stood to gain from the current economic and political structure in this country, with its large wealth inequality, wouldn't you want a broken benefit system that deflected attention from you and helped to demonise other sections of society, and which enables you to hold onto power for an indefinite period of time on the perpetual platform of 'welfare reform'?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Pure speculation, of course.

However, I wonder whether it's no accident that there is perpetually a benefits system with lots of anomalies which throws up perceived injustices such as the one publicised. If you generally stood to gain from the current economic and political structure in this country, with its large wealth inequality, wouldn't you want a broken benefit system that deflected attention from you and helped to demonise other sections of society, and which enables you to hold onto power for an indefinite period of time on the perpetual platform of 'welfare reform'?

I think you are giving our politicians a wee bit too much credit, they aint that clever ..............

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

What is the cost to society of her family? Free health. Free education. I don't think she would ever be able to pay that back. Her children, on the other hand, may make some contribution in the future.

She's not doing anything wrong. How many people can say they have never taken cash in hand or what-have-you? That is a massive problem. Has the OP never taken cash in hand?

Strangely quite on this subject.......how about declaring 'earning' £10,000 a year and the takibg another £20,000 I 'company drawings'? (Over to the accountants)

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No no, go after those if you wish but dont tell me that a non productive lazy feckless woman is somehow better for the country than a multi national company that is legitimately avoiding paying too much tax.

She appeared on a commercial television channel which drew in advertising revenue on which ITV paid tax.

Say what you like about dole scroungers but the more they appear in the commercially funded media they are at least attempting to offset their benefits.

Camicus

We are not shocked we feel resigned at an example that is played out within all of our communities.

They might have 6, 5, 4, 3 ,2 children with its associated benefits, it needn't be exclusively a single mum either.

Most reasonable people understand the merits of an appropriate benefits system, but why you feel so hesitant to acknowledge its failings is wholly bizarre.

I asked for PROOF that there are thousands milking the system. I find it bizarre in the extreme that people are so blinkered that they refuse to see the government propaganda for what it is. IDS is in front of the committee for public standards for repeatedly lying about this very subject. Paying a living wage would slash the benefits bill

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's a polish majority town these days. The poles are just as bad as our lot when it comes to booze.

Still, I want to try some of that 'nalefka' of theirs. 40-45 % alcohol. Nice.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Sadly, typical of many.

That is spot on and it is unbelievable what some people get. I know!

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Strangely quite on this subject.......how about declaring 'earning' £10,000 a year and the takibg another £20,000 I 'company drawings'? (Over to the accountants)

In that scenario your company would still be paying corporation tax at 20% on the 20 grand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports