Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O Grady Deal Agreed - Sheffield Star

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Maybe one got more minutes then the other because the management thought they were the better player?

Your basing that on Sami, who picked other players over our better players. COG if played in regular team would be way more effective than CMS who runs around and basically can't control a ball.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shame, but not a great shock. Hyypia seemingly ruined his confidence and his family struggled to settle, no great shock he wanted to get away. Looked a different player since he came back, but has to put family first.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've come to realise that I've been a bit unfair on CMS. Too often he's been expected to be CMS/BARNES/ULLOA all rolled into one. Now we have a manager who actually has a clue about different players, their strengths and the roles they need to play, I expect all the players to be a lot more confident.

COG could be brilliant for us, but if he's got a good offer somewhere else he's got to be tempted for the sake of his family.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Did you actually read my post or just decided to post crap?

"I don't actually think our strikers like CMS and Baldock are rubbish players but neither should be played upfront on there own or on the wing. That's not what they are about."

This has been constantly touted as an excuse, yet in CMS's 4 matches for Posh, he did **** all.

He has a poor touch, doesn't turn very well because of that bad touch, goes to the floor too easy. Makes runs which make no real sense and appear to be for the sake of making a run. CMS isn't an intelligent Championship player, he's a league 1 player. O'Grady's a targetman, they hold balls up and let others run off them. He has also done more in the very small amount of time he has played for us this season, than CMS has done this season.

I read your post, your post was crap.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't see how anyone can say O'Grady is better than CMS. CMS runs his socks off for 70 mins and then O Grady comes on against a tired defence and looks good. Do that in reverse and see what happens. There is a reason O Grady is not starting matches for us. When he did he was frankly complete pants.

Fookin' great, we pay some bloke £xx,xxx p/w to run around for 70 minutes so someone can come on and make a real impact?

I'll do that for £x,xxx p/m if they want.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
CMS is in desperate need of a strike partner.
Anyone that can't see that (including CH) is thick.
He will score lots of goals for us if we manage it properly.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Leon Best is his replacement. Nominal fee and short-term deal until the end of the season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
CMS is in desperate need of a strike partner.
Anyone that can't see that (including CH) is thick.
He will score lots of goals for us if we manage it properly.

The damaged has already been done, as others have mention its about his family and what is best for them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is my worry too. I've been a bit puzzled by some of our activity in the past but this ones right up there on the confused scale. Hughton comes in, has the opportunity to look at the players and then agrees to let the one who's arguabely been one of our best, leave?

If I were COG I'd be looking in the direction of CMS and scratching my head

Firstly, COG seems to want to go back up north - so fair enough.

But obviously COG and CMS are very similar players.?????????

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Firstly, COG seems to want to go back up north - so fair enough.

But obviously COG and CMS are very similar players.?????????

I've done this aready but does he want to go back because he's fed up being frigged around? He was definitiely happy to "settle" at one point

Not sure what your point is re CMS ... my point is he's pants but gets the nod over O'Grady. I can't for the life of me understand why we don't give a COG/Baldock pairing half a chance ... if I were COG I'd be perplexed and that would be good enough to be thinking "get me out of this place"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leon Best is his replacement. Nominal fee and short-term deal until the end of the season.

He can have little Leon's old song :laugh: "Leon Best Best Best , Leon Best Best Best".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've done this aready but does he want to go back because he's fed up being frigged around? He was definitiely happy to "settle" at one point

Not sure what your point is re CMS ... my point is he's pants but gets the nod over O'Grady. I can't for the life of me understand why we don't give a COG/Baldock pairing half a chance ... if I were COG I'd be perplexed and that would be good enough to be thinking "get me out of this place"

My point was purely that COG and CMS are not similar players, which I wondered if you were implying. I'm pro CMS, but agree GOG/Baldock would be worth a punt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news - never going to be good enough - lets hope we get our money back

But better than anything else we have got and probably as good as anyone we have had since we got into the Championship except for Barnes and Ulloa. I really hope we don't let him go before we get somebody that is DEFINITELY better. That means no League One punts and no crocked old has beens. Not confident we are capable of pulling it off tbh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His interview after the Brentford match was a breath of fresh air. He was professional, honest and articulate.
He knows his limitations, but was brought in to do a job and has been ready to do that job to the best of his ability.

Exactly the type of man I want to be playing for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here