NSC v Essex Eagle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK. Define 'trolling'?

Being on a rivals forums posting stuff like "Wonky Warehouse" "Worst Transport links in the country" posted for one reason only, to get a reaction, a self gratification that you may have annoyed the users.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: A club built on goodwill?

Please, give it a rest. This conversation has nothing to do with CPFC and doesn't need your input.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Being on a rivals forums posting stuff like "Wonky Warehouse" "Worst Transport links in the country" posted for one reason only, to get a reaction, a self gratification that you may have annoyed the users.

I have never posted ''wonky warehouse''. Or ''worst transport links in the country''.

I did call the Amex wonky (which it is). I did also mention that it is crap to get to (which IMO it is). I did also say that I can't think of a worse ground to get to (which I can't). Maybe for a fan of Norwich, or Bradford, or yeovil (whoever you want), it is a pleasure to get to. They can have a day out by the seaside and have an ice-cream and all in the world is good. I can't really see me in my Palace top going down too well on Brighton sea front. Can you? For that reason we drove last year and didn't fancy queing for park and ride. It was difficult to say the least finding a parking space. Eventually, having done so, walking past the 'Hikers Rest' was fun. Still, we did it. If you go to most other grounds in the country, there is ample free or paid parking within walking distance of the ground. Your place, however, there isn't. That is why the transport set up leaves a lot to be desired.
No wind up, trolling or whatever you want to call it. An opinion, that's all.

I have never posted ''wonky warehouse''. Or ''worst transport links in the country''.

I did call the Amex wonky (which it is). I did also mention that it is crap to get to (which IMO it is). I did also say that I can't think of a worse ground to get to (which I can't). Maybe for a fan of Norwich, or Bradford, or yeovil (whoever you want), it is a pleasure to get to. They can have a day out by the seaside and have an ice-cream and all in the world is good. I can't really see me in my Palace top going down too well on Brighton sea front. Can you? For that reason we drove last year and didn't fancy queing for park and ride. It was difficult to say the least finding a parking space. Eventually, having done so, walking past the 'Hikers Rest' was fun. Still, we did it. If you go to most other grounds in the country, there is ample free or paid parking within walking distance of the ground. Your place, however, there isn't. That is why the transport set up leaves a lot to be desired.

Your opinion, as a Palace fan, on a totally unrelated thread, Do you see why that's trolling or are you really that thick?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So, if your ground (nice as it is) was in a location that allowed you to just go home afterwards without too many transport issues, like almost every other ground in the country, you would still decide to stay on and watch ''the highlights etc'' ?? Even after a boring 0-0 or a home defeat, say 1-3 for instance?? Really?? Honest answer please.
The Amex is without doubt the worst ground in the country (and I have been to approaching 70 now) for accessibility.

It's still got the novelty feeling for me so I would stay for a while anyway, regardless of location or transport. I get to the ground for about 12:45 on a Saturday and leave around 7ish. It's genuinely a good place to stay and have a few drinks before and after the match in my opinion, this may ease with time but at the moment, I still love it.

As for it being the worst for accessibility I think that's probably a bit harsh. Yes there were early teething problems, but at worst a normal 20-30 minute wait for a train right on the doorstep of the stadium is hardly a disaster is it? And when you realise you can just stay in the ground half an hour while the queue clear having a drink and watching highlights, sky sports news, or whatever other live footy is on, it's a no brainer.

Look mate you don't seems to understand how it works here,i post a thread saying that i'm worried that brighton are pricing out loyal fans then everybody posts a load of abuse towards me :blush: just call me a bellend and you are in the gang:facepalm:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
MODS,

Not sure a BAN was needed there, he wasn't abusive ffs.

You don't need to be abusive to get a ban though. He was trolling/hijacking and derailing threads with his bollox.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, probably true.
But you lot keep banging on about attendances. Maybe your club is starting to show their true colours with the shocking prices for the Newcastle game? I think they are taking the piss. £39? Someone on the BBS said his seat was £41!!!!
Perhaps there is a bit of a reality check here. Maybe your board have been surprised at the take up of all the cheap ST deals and have decided to try and make a killing for the cup game, thinking that you will all happily dip in your pocket for the Albion and they will get another 20k+ attendance?
I think they will be sadly disappointed.
I am normally approving of anyone abusing Brighton fans, but in this case, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the weeds. Your club is taking the piss out of the goodwill that you and all of the JCL's have shown in supporting your return to Brighton in your own stadium.
They should be rewarding you with a cheap ticket deal for this match, not trying to extort £40 for the privelege of seeing you lose to Newcastle.

What on earth are you doing on our site? I think it is because The Albion as a club are a far more interesting proposition than your club and it's small crowds. If you want a season ticket here then apply.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't really see me in my Palace top going down too well on Brighton sea front. Can you? ..

To be fair, I walk along the seafront almost every Sunday afternoon and I have seen quite a few palace shirts, hats, coats etc and never once have I felt the need to biff the person. Not all of us are knuckle draggers, so please do not lump us all in the same category. I have quite a few mates who are Palace fans and its all about a laugh and a joke at each other's expense...that is it.

The term bragging rights is very apt...that is all it is.

Getting back to the general gist of the conversation, annoyed as some of us are, if at some point in the future we hit the dizzy heights of the Premiership, does anyone seriously think that the Albion will adopt the same pricing policy that they do now? A 12 month season ticket payment option...costing hardy anything in interest.....no chance. Yes that will drive some people away but as we are constantly being told there are thousands waiting for these ST's. And we will have to pay for the players that will hopefully keep us there on Premiership wages

If you were the management of BHA, do you care about people whinging and saying they are going to watch it on telly because its too expensive? ( I know people have genuine problems about paying for it) We have brought in a hard headed businessman to run the business( and that is what it is) If he thinks that pissing off a few people on the internet is worth the extra revenue, then we all know the result.

At the moment, all is going well at the Albion, we have not seen it going wrong so far ( Thanks goodness) so it will be interesting as Essexeagle puts it, if we have been in the Championship for say 10 straight years, playing the same teams week in week out and flirting with promotion/relegation. I wonder then what the crowd will average out at....looking at the teams in there at the moment, 20K seems to be the average.

Then I can see problems.

However, that is a long way off and an aspirational ideal and nothing to presently worry about.:thumbsup:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
This fixture will top 20k easy - despite being on TV people will be looking to blow away all the New Year family stuff with a cracking match- most STH's I know are going.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not sure a BAN was needed there, he wasn't abusive ffs.

You are a more tolerant chap than me Hillian. I reported him. Those were not Palace threads and yet they turned into Palace threads. There were plenty of Palace-based threads for him (I assume it is a him) to post on. Hopefully he will think about that when he returns.

Well done Bozza.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports