Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC v Essex Eagle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A club built on goodwill?

Wow. BHA normally charge walk up fans £39-£41 for a Championship game?

If you choose to ignore anything cheaper then yes....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A club built on goodwill?

And none of your JCL's are on cheap long term ST deals eh Green Cross Code Man?

Is a season long term? Our cheapest adult season ticket is still around £400. Not especially cheap or long term, but we still sell out and have a healthy waiting list I believe!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
If you choose to ignore anything cheaper then yes....

Where are these for? Directors box or something? Serious question?
And do you think this is OK?
I appreciate this might not be an issue at the moment with all the ST holders but many of those are on cheap long term deals. Do you not think that these people might not choose to renew after the deals have expired? That coupled with all the transport issues would be enough to put anyone off.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Is a season long term? Our cheapest adult season ticket is still around £400. Not especially cheap or long term, but we still sell out and have a healthy waiting list I believe!

Many were sold at that rate or cheaper for several years in advance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where are these for? Directors box or something? Serious question?
And do you think this is OK?
I appreciate this might not be an issue at the moment with all the ST holders but many of those are on cheap long term deals. Do you not think that these people might not choose to renew after the deals have expired? That coupled with all the transport issues would be enough to put anyone off.

We don't sell directors box tickets as we are not desperate like some.

Can you clarify these "cheap" "long term" deals you keep mentioning? I am not sure why I am discussing anything to do with attendances or season tickets with a Palace fan :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have noted this post and will inform a moderator of this bet to REMF.

Last January we got 21,558 attendance for our win over Newcastle when the prices were similar. Ok it was the 4th round rather than the 3rd round, but it was still a Prem team. Most posters keep using the top price when referring to this match but a many of us are paying £28, and the concessions paying a lot less.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
We don't sell directors box tickets as we are not desperate like some.

Can you clarify these "cheap" "long term" deals you keep mentioning? I am not sure why I am discussing anything to do with attendances or season tickets with a Palace fan :lol:

:lol:

I am led to believe that while your wonderful, wonky and inaccessible stadium was being constructed that many people bought season tickets for several seasons in advance at an extremely cheap rate. If I'm wrong then fair play but that's what I heard.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The Cheapest is £425 quid, for North Stand South Stand and the West Upper Wings. (match day ticket £28)

£490 for Upper West Central (match day ticket £32)

£525 for West Stand Lower wings (match day ticket £34)

£575 for West Stand Lower and East Stand Central and Upper (match day ticket £37)

£625 for West Stand Lower Central (match day ticket £39)

£455 for Family Stand (match day ticket £29)

All the info from the following link

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/ticket-prices-2012-13229-246502.pdf

Palaces are £395, £435, £495 and £540.

I fail to see how the Albion have cheap long term season tickets. We have the brilliant ability to spread the payment over an entire year which means the cost of them is more affordable but it doesn't make it any cheaper to have one.

I am led to believe that while your wonderful, wonky and inaccessible stadium was being constructed that many people bought season tickets for several seasons in advance at an extremely cheap rate. If I'm wrong then fair play but that's what I heard.

The club did offer some long term season tickets while we were still playing at Withdean, but I don't think the take up was that great and they certainly were not on offer at the same time the club started offering season tickets to Falmer, so they wouldn't have been an option for these so called JCL's. Considering the cost of the season ticket at Withdean ranged from £373 to £562 (final season) they weren't cheap either.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: A club built on goodwill?

And none of your JCL's are on cheap long term ST deals eh Green Cross Code Man?

No. Not as far as I know. I would love you to point more in the direction of these so called deals. I am not a jcl but I would love to have the same opportunity. You are, to quote Monty Python 'Making it up as you go along.'

Park and ride?? What a pain in the arse. How about park and walk?

And I would rather walk to the nearest tube from West Ham etc than have to queue for a bus to get to my car and then wait to exit the car park. Good stadium, shit location and transport. I am just pleased that I don't have to do that every other week.

Oh, forgot to add that we have never been in a league so low as to have to play the mighty MK Dons so I can't comment on that!

Because your scummy club cheated, but don't let that bother you when using that particular stick to try and beat us with.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Because your scummy club cheated, but don't let that bother you when using that particular stick to try and beat us with.

No, I have been told off this morning for that post so no comment from me!!
Apart from the fact that we received the appropriate punishment from the league as per the league rules and we were still good enough to stay up. I really don't see what the problem is?

No, I have been told off this morning for that post so no comment from me!!
Apart from the fact that we received the appropriate punishment from the league as per the league rules and we were still good enough to stay up. I really don't see what the problem is?

No you wouldn't would you.

And that statement alone sums up the attitude of your Club more than anything I could write on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Why are you a palace fan, trolling a thread about BHAFC, that's got NOTHING to do with you?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, if your ground (nice as it is) was in a location that allowed you to just go home afterwards without too many transport issues, like almost every other ground in the country, you would still decide to stay on and watch ''the highlights etc'' ?? Even after a boring 0-0 or a home defeat, say 1-3 for instance?? Really?? Honest answer please.
The Amex is without doubt the worst ground in the country (and I have been to approaching 70 now) for accessibility.

Why are you a palace fan, trolling a thread about BHAFC, that's got NOTHING to do with you?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No you wouldn't would you.

And that statement alone sums up the attitude of your Club more than anything I could write on here.

But you can only play within the rules that are set out can't you? If the rules stated that a club in administration would be expelled from the league then we would have been expelled. But they didn't, did they? We took our punishment and that was 10 points. It very nearly sent us down. But it didn't, did it? And because of that, we have got to see some great matches between our two teams. OK, maybe we have got to enjoy the latest few a bit more than you have but maybe your time will come? (one day) :lol:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

I am not trolling. But fair enough, maybe the original thread has got a bit sidetracked.

I am not trolling. But fair enough, maybe the original thread has got a bit sidetracked.

Sorry but you are trolling, the thread is about How BHA fans feel about being connected to the club and it's values and you start banging on about how our ground is the "WORST" in the entire football league transport wise.

That is trolling to get a reaction, and for my sins I reacted. Well trolled.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

Have you got a stuck copy and paste button or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here