Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Motorcyclists...

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
Get yourself a plug in electric under jacket, bloody wonderful things. You can also get gloves to match.
I am absolutely freezing my tits off on my bike at the mo.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Already wear thermal base layers, and have decent winter textiles but still so cold.

The only thing is my textiles aren't gore tex, but I think that only affects their water proof rating not warmth.

Dec 29, 2011
For the chest never really had a problem to be honest, had a good Buffalo winter jacket that had lining that could be removed in spring, i did wear a thermal top, jumper and North Face fleece underneath when it was really cold. Also for your feet if its pissy weather, wear thick socks put them inside plastic bags then put them, inside your boots. Keeps feet dry nearly every time!

Hope that helps anything else just ask.

Ps Your chest maybe cold because your jacket is lose around the neck letting air rush in, if it is i would get a snood.
Also with the double trousers' try them in the shop and find a pair that you can bent the knees in fairly comfortably.

I agree with Doc Lynam about the chest, never had any problems even if wearing a t-shirt in cold conditions. If you are cold maybe you need a better jacket or (as suggested) a snood. I have both and couldn't live without.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I agree with Doc Lynam about the chest, never had any problems even if wearing a t-shirt in cold conditions. If you are cold maybe you need a better jacket or (as suggested) a snood. I have both and couldn't live without.

I think it might be my screen. It diverts the wind straight into my neck and after a while it cuts right thru me.

Have a snood but will perhaps invest in another one. Also a double bubble screen could be in order.

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
I think it might be my screen. It diverts the wind straight into my neck and after a while it cuts right thru me.

Have a snood but will perhaps invest in another one. Also a double bubble screen could be in order.

Have a look at the MRA screens,got the flip up on me Blackbird,6"2 and it works a treat.Allso what lid you got,
this can allso effect win flow/direction.

Dec 29, 2011
Anyone got any tips for waterproof, warm and flexible bike gloves? I've read some reviews on line but none have perfect comments. Can only go up to ~£40, advice appreciated.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Just got some Keis heated inner gloves for my birthday which are supposed to be the nuts in the cold, better than grips even. Bit pricey though.

Long johns and decent leathers do the trick for my legs. Chest will get cold unless you have a flap with poppers to cover the jacket zip. Zips leak a lot of air.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Been out on the bike a couple of times already this month (usually up to Boxhill), hoping to booking my first track day of the "season" very soonish

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Summer's around the corner boys, what we've been waiting for all winter!

How about a ride out on the Blackpool weekend, not the last game, I will be drunk the Wolves weekend, so the previous home game weekend will suit me as and give NSc bikers time to organise.

Last edited:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Bounce, quick question about licencing if anyone can help. These new laws are incredibly confusing :s

I'm 23 years old, I have held a full car licence since age 17 (Oct 2007).

I've had a few scooters in my time, a 50cc job when I was 16 and at the moment I run a Vespa ET4 125cc with L plates for commuting (I did a CBT last year).

Tomorrow I am going to view, and likely buy, a 1977 Suzuki B120. It is being bought with a view for me to learn how to ride gears and pass my test on it.

I understand from these rules that I can only take my light motorcycle test on this (A1 - 125cc class) and then that's the biggest size I'll be able to ride until I take another test on a bigger bike.

However... what is this about holding an A1 licence for two years and then qualifying for something else?

Ideally I want unrestricted access within a realistic time scale of a couple of years without spending loads on private tuition courses/DAS.

Thanks in advance NSC :)

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Bounce, quick question about licencing if anyone can help. These new laws are incredibly confusing :s

I'm 23 years old, I have held a full car licence since age 17 (Oct 2007).

I've had a few scooters in my time, a 50cc job when I was 16 and at the moment I run a Vespa ET4 125cc with L plates for commuting (I did a CBT last year).

Tomorrow I am going to view, and likely buy, a 1977 Suzuki B120. It is being bought with a view for me to learn how to ride gears and pass my test on it.

I understand from these rules that I can only take my light motorcycle test on this (A1 - 125cc class) and then that's the biggest size I'll be able to ride until I take another test on a bigger bike.

However... what is this about holding an A1 licence for two years and then qualifying for something else?

Ideally I want unrestricted access within a realistic time scale of a couple of years without spending loads on private tuition courses/DAS.

Thanks in advance NSC :)

Sadly the rules have changed now you have to pass on big bike to ride a big bike. Think it needs to be a 600cc. If you pass on a 125 or 250 etc you will only be able to ride up to that. So do your test on a big bike mate. Hope this helps.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Sadly the rules have changed now you have to pass on big bike to ride a big bike. Think it needs to be a 600cc. If you pass on a 125 or 250 etc you will only be able to ride up to that. So do your test on a big bike mate. Hope this helps.

I've read in to it a bit more since my original post.

I think I'll still buy this B120, get confident with a geared set up and then go on a three-day course that lends you a 595cc+ bike and do my full A test that way.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Does anyone else find the new laws really complicated? Very glad I didn't have to go through all that.

I had to re-test after a ban a few years ago under the rules then.

A bit complicated I agree, but defo a good idea. Passing your test on a CB125 then jumping straight on a Fireblade (which was possible back in the day) was clearly flawed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here