Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC may become unavailable

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bozza said: Because of what - what happens and what are you doing between each attempt to try and resolve it?

I posted the Bad Request msg I get.

After each time I go to settings, privacy and security, clear browser data, cookies and data from other sites.
Then I close tabs and restart browser (Google Chrome, although I've tried Edge too). And I just rebooted too.
Then I can usually get onto the site, maybe click on one thread, but if I try to post it crashes.

I also get this msg:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I’ve tried to post this message several times over the last couple of days, but it doesn’t work, so I’ve saved it and will keep trying to copy and paste it until it works.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Bozza said: Because of what - what happens and what are you doing between each attempt to try and resolve it?

After each time I go to settings, privacy and security, clear browser data, cookies and data from other sites.
Then I close tabs and restart browser (Google Chrome, although I've tried Edge too). And I just rebooted too.
Then I can usually get onto the site, maybe click on one thread, but if I try to post it crashes.

I also get this msg:
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I’ve tried to post this message several times over the last couple of days, but it doesn’t work, so I’ve saved it and will keep trying to copy and paste it until it works.
I can access NSC fine through my iPad but like Triggaaars post I simply can’t get NSC to work on my laptop anymore. Work just ain’t the same anymore!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I also get this msg:

I can access NSC fine through my iPad but like Triggaaars post I simply can’t get NSC to work on my laptop anymore. Work just ain’t the same anymore!
What happens if you try an incognito/private browser window and go to NSC? Does it load? Can you login and navigate about?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Site just reappeared after 3 days of no access and odd messages. I'm sure there was some great advice on this thread, but couldn't get on the site for 3 days to see it!
You've missed some cracking adverts,if your lucky you may get the one that takes over the whole page half way through a good moan up about poxy adverts.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Morning @Bozza I keep getting rhe privacy agreement thingy keep coming up, every time I select a different option on NSC...
ie post or other.
Using on Chrome.
Is it me or other :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What happens if you try an incognito/private browser window and go to NSC? Does it load? Can you login and navigate about?
It looks like it's currently working (since last night). I've done nothing different to fix it. If it goes again, I will try incognito to see if it make a difference.

When it's not working and I clear data, I can log on to NSC and possibly click on one thread, but that's about it before it fails again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It looks like it's currently working (since last night). I've done nothing different to fix it. If it goes again, I will try incognito to see if it make a difference.

When it's not working and I clear data, I can log on to NSC and possibly click on one thread, but that's about it before it fails again.
Well, that's good news.

Yesterday I asked NSC's hosting company to up a server parameter (in Apache for the technically interested) that *may* have fixed things from the server side, which they did.

When you posted last night, I thought I may as well try restarting all of NSC's web services, just in case that was needed to pick up the revised parameter.

So putting 2 and 2 together, I'm hoping it's not just a coincidence, and the parameter change has done the trick and you're OK from now on.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

If it's not working (I got intermittent access on Chrome and Firefox, which then tripped back to the error message), refer back to Bozza's message in post 145, and just try that again. I did it and got as far as stage 6, but it transpired I'd started from the wrong place. It worked a treat when I did start from the right place. Many thanks for spending the time helping us poor helpless techno-idiots Bozza.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Still can’t access despite my efforts to do so. Reloaded NSC and nothing. Bad message still persists. Not great Bozza!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still can’t access despite my efforts to do so. Reloaded NSC and nothing. Bad message still persists. Not great Bozza!
Sorry I’m out for the night so slightly limited in being able to provide direct help right now.

If you are using Chrome on a desktop or laptop then follow these steps…

On your computer, open Chrome .
  1. At the top right, click Settings .
  2. In the left hand menu, click Privacy and security
  3. In the main menu, middle of screen, click Cookies and other site data.
  4. Scroll down and click See all site data and permissions.
  5. In the search bar, top right, type northstandchat
  6. To the right of the site, click Remove or the bin icon.
  7. To confirm, click Clear.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’m gonna give up trying to get NSC on my Mac until all the glitches have been fixed….oh and no criticism of you Bozza, you do a great job under trying circumstances and I appreciate it massively…the current hiatus just underscores how dependent we (I) are on NSC!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yesterday I asked NSC's hosting company to up a server parameter (in Apache for the technically interested) that *may* have fixed things from the server side, which they did.

When you posted last night, I thought I may as well try restarting all of NSC's web services, just in case that was needed to pick up the revised parameter.

So putting 2 and 2 together, I'm hoping it's not just a coincidence, and the parameter change has done the trick and you're OK from now on.

I have no idea what's fixed it, but something has. Having done nothing to fix it my end, the site is now also working on my chromebook.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
@Bozza f*** me this is full screen on mobile!

Attachments

• IMG_0906.png
    IMG_0906.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 55

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Sorry I’m out for the night so slightly limited in being able to provide direct help right now.

If you are using Chrome on a desktop or laptop then follow these steps…

On your computer, open Chrome .
  1. At the top right, click Settings .
  2. In the left hand menu, click Privacy and security
  3. In the main menu, middle of screen, click Cookies and other site data.
  4. Scroll down and click See all site data and permissions.
  5. In the search bar, top right, type northstandchat
  6. To the right of the site, click Remove or the bin icon.
  7. To confirm, click Clear.
Thanks Bozza, it worked. Seemed like work was blocking too given our ramping up with cyber security. Eventually got round that bit. I can now focus on NSC and not work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here