Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC may become unavailable

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IMG_1129.png

Blimey, getting a bit out of hand. Any news on paying to go ad-free?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
View attachment 160942

Blimey, getting a bit out of hand. Any news on paying to go ad-free?
I've had that (or similar full-screen scroller) twice in two weeks. I'm not a fan but the frequency is low enough that I've no immediate plans to change it.

You may or may not have noticed that last night I shrunk the between-post ads so they are slimmer and take up far less screen real estate. I'm about to take a look a the forum view ads similarly.

I'm hoping to look at all the changes required to become an NSC "supporter", including ad-free, this week It would have been done by now, but I had to spend a lot of time with the other technical issues the site had.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've had that (or similar full-screen scroller) twice in two weeks. I'm not a fan but the frequency is low enough that I've no immediate plans to change it.

You may or may not have noticed that last night I shrunk the between-post ads so they are slimmer and take up far less screen real estate. I'm about to take a look a the forum view ads similarly.

I'm hoping to look at all the changes required to become an NSC "supporter", including ad-free, this week It would have been done by now, but I had to spend a lot of time with the other technical issues the site had.
Thanks for the update.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I’m still getting “400 bad request- Request header or cookie to large” when using chrome. I’ve followed the steps to remove cookies but it still happens. I get to the home page fine but as soon as I click on a thread I get that error

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m still getting “400 bad request- Request header or cookie to large” when using chrome. I’ve followed the steps to remove cookies but it still happens. I get to the home page fine but as soon as I click on a thread I get that error
Sorry to read that.

If you open an incognito window in Chrome and are able to navigate around NSC a bit without hitting any issues, then it is a problem with your browser in regular non-incognito mode.

The following steps if followed exactly as listed WILL resolve it, and with the changes made server-side, I'm not sure how/why it could return for anyone. NSC's site analytics for the last few days don't suggest any widespread issue any more.
  1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click Settings .
  3. In the left hand menu, click Privacy and security
  4. In the main menu, middle of screen, click Cookies and other site data.
  5. Scroll down and click See all site data and permissions.
  6. In the search bar, top right, type northstandchat
  7. To the right of the site, click Remove or the bin icon.
  8. To confirm, click Clear.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Sorry to read that.

If you open an incognito window in Chrome and are able to navigate around NSC a bit without hitting any issues, then it is a problem with your browser in regular non-incognito mode.

The following steps if followed exactly as listed WILL resolve it, and with the changes made server-side, I'm not sure how/why it could return for anyone. NSC's site analytics for the last few days don't suggest any widespread issue any more.
  1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click Settings .
  3. In the left hand menu, click Privacy and security
  4. In the main menu, middle of screen, click Cookies and other site data.
  5. Scroll down and click See all site data and permissions.
  6. In the search bar, top right, type northstandchat
  7. To the right of the site, click Remove or the bin icon.
  8. To confirm, click Clear.
All sorted now thank you. I was missing out step 5, sorry to have bothered you as I should have followed the steps properly before posting

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dear Bozza, I’m out of the country now for a couple of weeks…is there a possibility that when I return all I’ll have to do on my Mac is go to NSC on Safari and it will miraculously appear and interact with me just like it used to??!!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Dear Bozza, I’m out of the country now for a couple of weeks…is there a possibility that when I return all I’ll have to do on my Mac is go to NSC on Safari and it will miraculously appear and interact with me just like it used to??!!

Yes, you'll be able to cuss & swear at the Safari program when it doesn't do what you want just as much as before you left.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that's been the case since at least Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here