Lichfield, United Kingdom
[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] [MENTION=29496]ChicagoGull[/MENTION]

The_Viper.jpg

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
All very good work!

How come I have trialists in the 1st team? With James Rodriguez as backup?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
It seems the injuries have started already with friendlies...

16Jul13.jpg

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
All very good work!

How come I have trialists in the 1st team? With James Rodriguez as backup?

That is how your manager has designated your team... the trialists are not of the same standard as the other players but can play in any position... not sure how that will translate to proper matches yet, thats the experiment!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
All teams have played in the league twice now... and a bonus for everyone is that I also added a cup competition so will post that too...

If anyone wants a screenshot of anything in their team let me know :thumbsup:

For now I am going to bed

20Aug13.jpg

24Aug13.jpg

24Aug13-2.jpg

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Ok - I am going to start the league again as I have found a couple of flaws (This was always an experiment!) - first is that a lot of injuries appear to be happening and I think this is because I started with no backroom staff and in particular a physio... I will add a couple of Physios to every team. (Incidentally even with a transfer embargo - every team has been slowly building up their backroom staff)

Secondly - and I didnt realise that this was the rule on my league - 2 yellow cards = suspension, a further yellow card = further 1 game ban... I think we will have more players out then in at that rate!

So, bear with me, I will make those changes (disciplinary the same as our Premier League) and restart the league... I won't post the teams again as these will be unchanged apart from the ones making up the numbers.

Cheers

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
great... I wasn't liking the fact I lost.

the boys need to get their head in the game next time, they were overwhelmed by the occasion :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What a brilliant thing to do. I'm sure someone will find a hole in it, but what fun.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
What a brilliant thing to do. I'm sure someone will find a hole in it, but what fun.

Agreed. My only problem with it is that it's put the idea of playing Championship/Football Manager into my mind, and I've been clean for over 15 years!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Right - Another league has started - I have added a world class Physio to all teams in the hope that will keep injuries to a minimum, and also 3 world class coaches as to be frank, any of these teams would also have world class cloaches.

I have also changed the disciplinary to be 5 booking = 1 game ban, 10 booking = 2 game ban, 15 booking = 3 game ban etc. Sending off = 2 game ban in all cases.

I have changed the cup competition to be two legs each round to make it more interesting, and each round is every couple of months starting in Sept.

Screenshots of the first couple of games to follow soon!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What does Yth next to a player mean? - that they are a youth player?

I have that next to 28 year old Yilmaz, the top scorer for 3 seasons in a row in Turkey.

(btw, i don't think this is a truely fair way to judge seeing as it's based on a programmers view of a player and in reality he could be voted as one of the top 100 players in the world 2013 (Benatia for example) but may be an unknown to the programmer and given a lot lower skill set scores than they actually have in real life - the number of times you see that player x is great or player Y is rubbish posted on here because of their FM proflie is laughable. That said it would still be interesting to see how this plays out.)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
(btw, i don't think this is a truely fair way to judge seeing as it's based on a programmers view of a player and in reality he could be voted as one of the top 100 players in the world 2013 (Benatia for example) but may be an unknown to the programmer and given a lot lower skill set scores than they actually have in real life

It's not the programmer

Football Manager has a network of over 1400 scouts around the world that help contribute and, a lot of the time, they're pretty spot on.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It's not the programmer

Football Manager has a network of 1400 scouts around the world that help contribute and, a lot of the time, they're pretty spot on.

*Resists temptation to suggest replacing David Burke*

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Great work [MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION]. After losing my first game 3-0, I'm DELIGHTED that we've ironed out the flaws and started again. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here