Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC - Chips - Yes or No?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Good marketing ploy by the club. If you want something hot to eat at half time, your only cost effective choice is a pie which is £3.50. Then you might aswell have a pint at the same time becuase you will save a few pennies, and before you know it you've shelled out £6.50 , when really deep down a £2.00 tray of chips would have sufficed.

Genius.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There are 2 problems with chips, the smell (no ventilation on the concourse) and mess, drop chips, get trodden on etc. Good idea to leave them out if you ask me!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I would say yes , ESPECIALLY as the Burgers are absolutely vile (felt sick for the last two days after my debut one) - but I understand all the stuff about the fryers and what have you.

I sit in the "don't mind either way" category

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good marketing ploy by the club. If you want something hot to eat at half time, your only cost effective choice is a pie which is £3.50. Then you might aswell have a pint at the same time becuase you will save a few pennies, and before you know it you've shelled out £6.50 , when really deep down a £2.00 tray of chips would have sufficed.

Genius.

This! I have never really eaten pies at a footy match (more a hotdog or chips person) but every game I have had a pie and pint.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No need, all the food is good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure whether it's been mentioned, but don't you need a special license to sell chips, because of the deep fat friers?

I guess the club assumed that, on balance, this was an unnecessary health and safety risk and not worth the financial cost. And anyway, the PIES are magnificent.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not needed or wanted by the majority I feel. Think I like it how it is but guess if you get enough support go for it. Would think the pro chip voters would be more vocal and keen to reply here than those who don't want chips served (but the later seem to be in the majority by scanning thread).

matt

Mar 19, 2007
This isn't SPEEDWAY don't you know?

However, using the 'not in keeping' line is a bit off when you can buy BURGERS, HOT DOGS and PIES. Hardly the OXO Tower is it....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here