NSC - Chips - Yes or No?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Wow, the Insider states that chips are, 'felt to be out of sync with the quality of food we are serving at the Amex'.

Good grief, what are we talking about here? The opera? The ballet??

It's a f***ing game of football!!! Chips are surely in the Top 3 of essentials at a game of football? My Top 3 would be 1.)Chips 2.)Pie 3.)Bovril

Now, if I could, I'd create a poll, but because I'm ignorant I don't know how to. Can some mod right my wrong?

So NSC, Chips at The AMEX, Yes or No?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, chips are not really a staple of footy grounds in my opinion. And further more deep fat fryers stink, and footy ground chips are always cold and soggy. I think the club have called it right.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No chips thanks....lard arse food....loving the new pies and hoping for more food in keeping with the South Downs and the wonderful farms and foodies and ales we have around these parts....

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Chips are a poor mans prawns :jester:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No chips thanks....lard arse food....loving the new pies and hoping for more food in keeping with the Sout Downs and the wonderful farms and foodies and ales we have around these parts....

This.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Besides, it isn't cool to be walking back up the steps with your plate of chips, sauce on top, fork stabbed in the middle, beer slopping over the side, gut showing under your kit.....no no no

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Not too bothered about chips. But the curry must be hot. Not any of this namby pamby "not too hot" for me fare. If not, we need to have a hot chilli/curry sauce condiment to add. Not being fussy but just an observation.

Ps Does anyone remember the sausage baguettes at Withers. I ordered one once in the 10 years I was there and was told they were out of bread but could have one san baguette!

Wow, the Insider states that chips are, 'felt to be out of sync with the quality of food we are serving at the Amex'.

Good grief, what are we talking about here? The opera? The ballet??

It's a f***ing game of football!!! Chips are surely in the Top 3 of essentials at a game of football? My Top 3 would be 1.)Chips 2.)Pie 3.)Bovril

Now, if I could, I'd create a poll, but because I'm ignorant I don't know how to. Can some mod right my wrong?

So NSC, Chips at The AMEX, Yes or No?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There weren't chips before withdean, they were just a byproduct of not having proper facilities. It's not possible for chips at the Amex to be the same, if they do them they'll be shit.

We have decent pies now, get used to it.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think the pies are spot on. Not sure about thai green curry, but agree best to make the Amex a chip free zone and see how it goes. What are peoples thoughts on the burgers and hot dogs? quality meat, or the usual run of the mill footy stadium quality?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not too bothered about chips. But the curry must be hot. Not any of this namby pamby "not too hot" for me fare. If not, we need to have a hot chilli/curry sauce condiment to add. Not being fussy but just an observation.

Ps Does anyone remember the sausage baguettes at Withers. I ordered one once in the 10 years I was there and was told they were out of bread but could have one san baguette!
That's the trouble it won't be hot to cater for the fake curry lovers.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So chips are on the menu for those 'fine dining' Soccertainment types paying top dollar, but the rest of us can go whistle?

What a load of old SHITE. I am seriously unimpressed.

ps If they were to make some lovely FLUFFY mash available with the pie (with some veggie gravy please) , I might just forgive the club/caterers for their stupid anti-chip policy. :drool:

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I love hot food but have mellowed slightly in middle age. You have to try"Insanity Sauce". Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
That's water to me. Use to have that sauce a lot. Tesco's do a fresh chilie called Dorset Naga. It's only in season for a few months. Have a few of these in your Mince or stews. Much hotter than Scots Bonnet's.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Chips before/during/after football matches are part and parcel of the perfect football experience
However i've noticed recently a few other clubs have not been providing chips so seems to be the growing trend
Chips in grounds have always been over-priced and too few so I have tended to have them at the closest chippy anyway
If Mr Bloom doesn't want chips in his stadium that's good enough for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports