Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC - Chips - Yes or No?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No chips..... no bookmakers... Don`t want to sully the good name of the Albion after all the good work we`ve done in the last few years.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
There weren't chips before withdean, they were just a byproduct of not having proper facilities. It's not possible for chips at the Amex to be the same, if they do them they'll be shit.

We have decent pies now, get used to it.

there definitely were

when i was just a wee lad in the south stand, me and kev the ape used to take it in turns to purchase each others half time chips. and they were also f***ing horrid

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No chips..... no bookmakers... Don`t want to sully the good name of the Albion after all the good work we`ve done in the last few years.

I spoke to Martin Perry about the betting sitch when I went up to the wee North Stand shindig on Wednesday. He said the lack of any bookmakers at the moment is due to financial reasons: ie The bookies the club have negotiated with for the franchise have wanted an excessive slice of the cash pie. I did get the impression that he thought it would be resolved in the not too distant though - which is more than one can say concerning the lack of chips.

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Could not give a monkeys, going for the crack. Having said that, if I have a few the night before, I might want some chips :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
a nice chicken panini would do me

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's an odd statement. I understood the reason chips aren't available is that they are unable to install the required frying extractor fans because of the glass roof.

I heard that 3 years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is possible that the chips in the restaurant are oven chips whereas chips elsewhere would involve using deep fat fryers which are a safety hazard. At Withdean the vans were outside so if a fryer caught fire then it could be fought more easily than in a concourse.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
no I am only reflecting the chip loving populous...I have to steer away from alcohol and fatty food these days

Yeah, I know you do Dave (& looking very good for it I might add). I was just hoping for a bit of solidarity in light of these soft Southern ponces who find chips & football so unpalatable these days.

*Sniff*

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
What about jacket potatoes? Far healthier than chips, easy to prepare and serve - and all those tasty filling options make 'em versatile too! And, unlike chips, they keep their heat in winter. Food and hand-warmers in one convenient package.

But can we convince the caterers? In other words, would Azure like it? ???

Anyone else on NSC a spuds fan?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
there definitely were

when i was just a wee lad in the south stand, me and kev the ape used to take it in turns to purchase each others half time chips. and they were also f***ing horrid

Interesting, I don't remember them at all! I only every used to buy the radioactive burgers or hotdogs in those funny foil packets.

The fact they were horrible proves my point though. Withdean chips were nice because they were made in massive chip vans that were designed for making chips, by people that were used to making chips at all sorts of events which they could drive their vans to. They were set up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here