Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the travellers are in Withdean Park!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I used to like Brain's brand of this dish along time ago. But now I don't bother because it looks and tastes as if it's made of that 'pink sludge' stuff they use in cheap foods.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What are you talking about? Nothing has been altered. You can still go to Tesco and buy that particular dish if you so desire.

You're complaining about something that hasn't actually happened.
Sorry Edna...I wrote the word F a g g o t s and when it appeared on the thread it was ******* that appeared,not my alteration at all...so who changed it?
It has happened...just look!

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Exactly. What if Richard Carpenter were to be reading it - how would he feel?

Simply set fire to their 'homes' at night when they are sleeping as they are trespassing.
Either that or move in with some tow trucks which always sends them running. I have found this is the best deterrent in my previous experience as pikey enforcer up north.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Quite. Studio150 is talking shite.

Meanwhile, this council - every council - operates within the confines of the law. The camp at Horndean is basically a legal obligation; this administration wants them in this city no more than anyone else. Studio 150 evidently has no understanding of how this works.

Really, so they are currently on a legal site??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you own the parks etc? If not how are they "ours"?

OUR parks as in the local tax payer pays for their up keep. The current visitors pay nothing to the local economy and bugger off leaving us the tax payer with the cleaning bill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry Edna...I wrote the word F a g g o t s and when it appeared on the thread it was ******* that appeared,not my alteration at all...so who changed it?
It has happened...just look!

Nobody changed it, it's the NSC swear filter that blocks out words like ******, ****, *******, **** and ******.

No different to a lot of websites. We have to keep GoogleAds sweet so these things are auto filtered out. And attempts to circumvent them will also be blocked where noted.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Wow am I on some sort of list which tells you when I post so you can follow me on to a thread and decide if you want to say what I am saying is rubbish or not?

Do you live in a caravan and yes everything you say veers to being rubbish.
Don't kid yourself that I follow you tho.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nobody changed it, it's the NSC swear filter that blocks out words like ******, ****, *******, **** and ******.

No different to a lot of websites. We have to keep GoogleAds sweet so these things are auto filtered out. And attempts to circumvent them will also be blocked where noted.

Yes can see that and understand you have to keep googleAds sweet,as I said before,the peculiarilties of the English language,it's just annoying that you cannot use a word that has two meanings and people immediately jump to the conclusion that you mean the 'bad' version of the word...
Slowly,but surely the PC brigade are taking over...God save the 'Queen'....oops...shouldn't say that on a Brighton board should I....JOKING.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you include the tourists when they leave a mess on the beach in the park etc when they visit? Just saying

What point are you attempting to make ? Travellers who invade OUR parks and leave a mess are unwelcome as well as tourists who leave rubbish behind. We the local tax payer pay to have their crap cleaned up after they have left.

In general tourists don't steal from local businesses or intimidate and threaten locals.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes can see that and understand you have to keep googleAds sweet,as I said before,the peculiarilties of the English language,it's just annoying that you cannot use a word that has two meanings and people immediately jump to the conclusion that you mean the 'bad' version of the word...
Slowly,but surely the PC brigade are taking over...God save the 'Queen'....oops...shouldn't say that on a Brighton board should I....JOKING.

But in the context of this thread, people have only used certain words in a pejorative context. Nobody has been criticised on this thread for a reference to a meat -based dish popular with northerners. Similarly, you can refer to the Queen all you like, it's not going to upset anyone. If you called someone a "mincing ****ing queen", on the other hand, quite rightly, somebody might get annoyed.

I really can't be doing with all this "PC gone mad" stuff, which in reality, barely exists outside the imagination of the tabloid press.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So only "nice" words on NSC in future that have passed the PC brigade's check. Oh well.

Somewhat pathetic response, this is a public message board so if anything posted by a member of the board is wrong or could lead to potential legal action the owner accountable, hence why we have moderators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here