Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the travellers are in Withdean Park!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With the thread title changed there hasn't been a single post by a Palarse fan :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the Valley Drive area today, a couple of guys in a modern double cab pick-up were knocking on doors asking if pensioner residents needed building works done. Irish accents. Wonder if they are currently residents of Withdean Park, Surrenden Field or Preston Park.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Those bloody parks!! :annoyed:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Grow up. It's not the "PC Brigade". It's the "let's try and avoid Bozza/NSC facing legal action" brigade.

Been many arguments on this subject i have asked many time's could someone point me where it says its illegal to use the said term.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been many arguments on this subject i have asked many time's could someone point me where it says its illegal to use the said term.

Show me the section of law that says it's illegal to use the term "p*ki" or "f*ggot".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the word rightly or wrongly on its own is not illegal.

Exactly. It's to do with the context something is used in (and few of these words are ever used in anything other than a pejorative sense) that creates potential legal issues.

I'm not going to start splitting hairs or analysing every single post in depth. I'd prefer to just not have to worry about it, hence the request from HKFC and the changing of the thread title.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Vote the Greens out, since they have had control of the Council it seems to be that they are actively seeking Traveling Groups to come and visit, rather than taking a harder line and limiting the pitching of caravans to the designated sites, rather than anywhere which has some green grass.

Ohhh - wait until TLO sees your post !

Quite. Studio150 is talking shite.

Meanwhile, this council - every council - operates within the confines of the law. The camp at Horndean is basically a legal obligation; this administration wants them in this city no more than anyone else. Studio 150 evidently has no understanding of how this works.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Theres a fair number up devils dyke which have been there for over 2 weeks but I assume that as they are out of the urban area the council aren't too bothered

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't mind these folks if they weren't complete and utter scum bags that leave their s**t all over OUR parks and steal from OUR communities when they "visit"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They've been in Surrenden Park (or whatever its called) next to Withdean Park for at least a week now, and there's a lot more than 10 caravans now.

They were at the top end of Withdean park a few weeks back, having blocked the steepest part of Braybon Avenue for some time whilst they removed the barriers that were in place.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Show me the section of law that says it's illegal to use the term "p*ki" or "f*ggot".
Nothing wrong with '******s' Edna,make a lovely meal...much to the amusement of a couple of American visitors...also on the menu was 'Spotted Dick'...oh! the peculiaraities of the English language.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nothing wrong with '******s' Edna,make a lovely meal...much to the amusement of a couple of American visitors...also on the menu was 'Spotted Dick'...oh! the peculiaraities of the English language.
Cannot believe that a name of a food has been altered...what next...pork chop in case it offends Muslims...come on...****** is a food,they're in supermarkets on sale...what do you call them if not ******s...you didn't alter '(...also a food..).Spotted Dick'
It depends what context you use it...some people are really getting paranoid over imaginary offences.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cannot believe that a name of a food has been altered...what next...pork chop in case it offends Muslims...come on...****** is a food,they're in supermarkets on sale...what do you call them if not ******s...you didn't alter '(...also a food..).Spotted Dick'
It depends what context you use it...some people are really getting paranoid over imaginary offences.

What are you talking about? Nothing has been altered. You can still go to Tesco and buy that particular dish if you so desire.

You're complaining about something that hasn't actually happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here