Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts F reject Albions request for extra tickets

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its a curse of how football clubs are run these days. I remember leeds being given the East Terrace at the Goldstone and bringing down about 12000 but whenever we play Charlton, the ground holds about 28000, we get 3000 tickets and the gate is about 18,000, leaving 10,000 spare seats. Very odd to turn the money away for the extra couple of thousand Brighton who might go but there we go. As for Forest, they might have sold too many already to change things around or they might be just "doing a Charlton".

Meet you in Hooters before the game for a snifter or two WCP?

Nothing goes down well with most of our fans.. 1000 extra tickets at £32 each would earn the club an extra £32,000 and that doesn't include food/drinks sold..

The Albion pay the VAT element (@20%) of the ticket sale price to HMRC.
Last season, the Albion's income from all catering was £1.78m, equating to around £3 per ticket sold/per game. However this calculation is based on using 23 league attendances only (ie ignores friendly, cup and play-off matches). It also assumes the income comes only from concourse catering so the budget figure for 1,000 additional spectators is probably nearer £2,000.

Feb 14, 2010
Meet you in Hooters before the game for a snifter or two WCP?

Sorry El P. For the first time since I think 1977, I've managed to get through and entire season without going to a single game. Don't know why but I'm quite proud of myself! Behave yourself in Hooters, Mrs El P might not be too amused.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry El P. For the first time since I think 1977, I've managed to get through and entire season without going to a single game. Don't know why but I'm quite proud of myself! Behave yourself in Hooters, Mrs El P might not be too amused.

There's always the play offs mate!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm really upset about forests attitude towards extra tickets.im also upset with myself for not making sure I got a ticket because I had enough points to get one when they went on sale & forest is always a good day out regardless of whether it means anything or not & it's also the last league game of the season.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I believe someone had already highlighted that Forest had started selling tickets to home fans in an area adjoining the away section. Because of this, although the game may not sell out for home fans, there is not a discreet section available to sell to Albion fans.

Well I hope we aren't too discreet in our support, although I can see the need for a discrete area of the ground.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It's interesting that to buy a ticket in the forest end you have to have a ticket history of 3 years for a game that is of no interest to forest.so they are aware of non forest fans trying to buy tickets for this game why do they not just release more tickets for Albion fans rather than trying to stop Brighton fans getting tickets in the forest stand.

I'm really upset about forests attitude towards extra tickets.im also upset with myself for not making sure I got a ticket because I had enough points to get one when they went on sale & forest is always a good day out regardless of whether it means anything or not & it's also the last league game of the season.

Go anyway. Do t worry about not having a ticket. :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Theres no way they are showing two play off related games. They'll be one play off game and one relegation game. If Wigan win tonight it just makes it easier to select Reading.

Cough.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was hoping this was going to be forgotten... :blush:

It's an odd decision though.

Very odd - esp considering the chances are Reading or us will get banged out by Derby - yet relegation is 'final'!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Very odd - esp considering the chances are Reading or us will get banged out by Derby - yet relegation is 'final'!

Indeed. Us or Reading could be two down in 10 minutes and then the interest from one of those games is pretty much gone. Least with the Birmingham game you're guaranteed some sort of emotion at the end.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Indeed. Us or Reading could be two down in 10 minutes and then the interest from one of those games is pretty much gone. Least with the Birmingham game you're guaranteed some sort of emotion at the end.

Just highlights sadly how Premier League orientated Sky is. They couldn't give a toss about the drop into League One unless everything else promotion and play off wise was done and dusted

lastyboy

Jan 26, 2012
Lewes East Sussex
ive just had a brief look on the forest website about buying tickets in the home end and wondered if someone could clarify something for me.

'Tickets for this particular fixture are on restricted sale, and may only be purchased by supporters with a previous purchase history of tickets recorded on the Ticket Office database.'

is the ticket database a general football ticket database or specific forest ticket database. so could i buy tickets because i have my brighton season ticket or do i need some kind of connection with purchase history with forest? i hope that makes sense to someone and any help would be much appreciated.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
ive just had a brief look on the forest website about buying tickets in the home end and wondered if someone could clarify something for me.

'Tickets for this particular fixture are on restricted sale, and may only be purchased by supporters with a previous purchase history of tickets recorded on the Ticket Office database.'

is the ticket database a general football ticket database or specific forest ticket database. so could i buy tickets because i have my brighton season ticket or do i need some kind of connection with purchase history with forest? i hope that makes sense to someone and any help would be much appreciated.

You have to be registered on the Forest database.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It's restricted to home supporters only with a ticket buying history to stop Albion fans buying tickets in the home end.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could you imagine the binfest here on NSC if the reverse had happened, and some people who had bought tickets for the SW were made to move elsewhere in the Amex to accommodate Forest fans?

They'd be burning effigies of Barber on bonfires all week.

Feb 14, 2010
Could you imagine the binfest here on NSC if the reverse had happened, and some people who had bought tickets for the SW were made to move elsewhere in the Amex to accommodate Forest fans?

They'd be burning effigies of Barber on bonfires all week.

Why would they? Football fans are used to giving areas of the ground to away fans when needed. I remember us giving Leeds, Millwall, Chelsea and Arsenal the entire East Terrace at the Goldstone. Nobody moaned about it - it was expected. In fact Brighton do have a flexible ticket system already in the South Stand at the Amex. Sometimes they sell to Brighton fans half of the South, sometimes they dont. Entirely sensible. Why on earth Charlton want 18000 crowds and only give us 3000 despite a 28000 capacity is frankly daft. I dont know if Forest have done the same but the attendance will be interesting. If I owned a club and my Chief Executive was turning away thousands of people in such circumstances, then I would very shortly have a new Chief Executive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here