Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts F reject Albions request for extra tickets

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Poor decision.. I'd hope if it was the other way round we would have held tickets in the south stand at least until the rest of the ground had sold out..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I obviously have an advantage being from a non-Brighton post code but my tickets in the Forest end arrived at the weekend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Already got my ticket in the Forest end.

Yes, not as much fun, but still worth it.

Hoping to see seemingly random celebrations in the away end, nothing to do with play, indicating something like a winner for Burnley.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Genuine question ..how much fun is it being in opposition end when we have a near miss or score... Poor ref decision etc...I find it hard to keep quiet

It's shite. I went to Palace a couple of years ago in home end, wouldn't do it again, just not enjoyable.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Genuine question ..how much fun is it being in opposition end when we have a near miss or score... Poor ref decision etc...I find it hard to keep quiet

You are right of course but I never go behind the opposition goal. Generally as at the Amex the fans sitting nearer halfway are usually the least aggressive. I usually have a chat with fans around me before kick off and own up to being an exile if they seem friendly. Sometimes I will have an informal bet on whether I will be able to sit still if we score and I always try to comment positively on their side's good play. Being of pension age helps and I have rarely had to sit on my hands anywhere :lolol:

edit: Southampton was a notable exception a couple of years back - total morons!

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You are right of course but I never go behind the opposition goal. Generally as at the Amex the fans sitting nearer halfway are usually the least aggressive. I usually have a chat with fans around me before kick off and own up to being an exile if they seem friendly. Sometimes I will have an informal bet on whether I will be able to sit still if we score and I always try to comment positively on their side's good play. Being of pension age helps and I have rarely had to sit on my hands anywhere :lolol:

I went in the Birmingham end once as I missed getting a ticket and thought I was disguising my Brighton support well until whilst texting someone, the large Brummy next to me asked why I had a Brighton phone cover!! Oh.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I went in the Birmingham end once as I missed getting a ticket and thought I was disguising my Brighton support well until whilst texting someone, the large Brummy next to me asked why I had a Brighton phone cover!! Oh.

I'm going to St Andrews tonight to cheer them on (it's only 30 miles away). Loud and proud in blue and white complete with Seagulls hat & gloves. Can't see them complaining on this occasion at least :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm going to St Andrews tonight to cheer them on (it's only 30 miles away). Loud and proud in blue and white complete with Seagulls hat & gloves. Can't see them complaining on this occasion at least :lolol:

Should be good. They need the vocal support too. Been dead quiet there the last two seasons I've visited.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You cannot blame them for this at all, I suspect their expectation is a sell out crowd to celebrate finishing around 11th in the league

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I believe someone had already highlighted that Forest had started selling tickets to home fans in an area adjoining the away section. Because of this, although the game may not sell out for home fans, there is not a discreet section available to sell to Albion fans.

I have seen a communication from Forest stating that if home fans are bringing away fans with them into the home end to ask them not to be provocative, or words to that effect. Rather than seek to prevent Albion fans from infiltrating other areas, they are asking punters to be sensible.......blimey football fans being treated like adults, whatever next!

So clearly NFFC recognise that Albion fans are likely to be randomly acquiring tickets all around the City ground - would it not be simpler for them to manage (and potentially safer for all) to keep all the Albion fans together by extending the away area in the Bridgeford Stand on this occasion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here