Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts F reject Albions request for extra tickets

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I have seen a communication from Forest stating that if home fans are bringing away fans with them into the home end to ask them not to be provocative, or words to that effect. Rather than seek to prevent Albion fans from infiltrating other areas, they are asking punters to be sensible.......blimey football fans being treated like adults, whatever next!

So clearly NFFC recognise that Albion fans are likely to be randomly acquiring tickets all around the City ground - would it not be simpler for them to manage (and potentially safer for all) to keep all the Albion fans together by extending the away area in the Bridgeford Stand on this occasion?

Did you manage to secure a ticket mate?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Amongst our minibus of 16 6 have yet to procure a ticket thus far , i wonder how many Brighton will be travelling up in the same situation , Forest may have made a bad choice here , no news there i suppose but does seem a bit daft not selling more to us in light of their position now .

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If Wigan win, then us and Reading will be on the box. If Wigan don't win then it will Wigan and Reading I suspect.

Theres no way they are showing two play off related games. They'll be one play off game and one relegation game. If Wigan win tonight it just makes it easier to select Reading.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
we could of bought more
we could of bought more
your grounds half empty
you stupid w......kers
we could of bought more...

anyone second verse?

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Poor decision.. I'd hope if it was the other way round we would have held tickets in the south stand at least until the rest of the ground had sold out..

No we wouldn't as the season ticket holders sit up to the aisle between F and G which gives a maximum of 2200 seats for away fans.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
we could of bought more
we could of bought more
your grounds half empty
you stupid w......kers
we could of bought more...

anyone second verse?

You realise you've added one line too many, meaning the song doesn't work? ... which isn't a bad thing really, because the song was shit.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
i agree Rohana

All the modern ones are

Anyhow i have my Forest ticket so i'll be getting the 0620 out of Brighton and if i didn't i'd still go as there will be tickets knocking about our end or thiers wtf.

Feb 14, 2010
Its a curse of how football clubs are run these days. I remember leeds being given the East Terrace at the Goldstone and bringing down about 12000 but whenever we play Charlton, the ground holds about 28000, we get 3000 tickets and the gate is about 18,000, leaving 10,000 spare seats. Very odd to turn the money away for the extra couple of thousand Brighton who might go but there we go. As for Forest, they might have sold too many already to change things around or they might be just "doing a Charlton".

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's interesting that to buy a ticket in the forest end you have to have a ticket history of 3 years for a game that is of no interest to forest.so they are aware of non forest fans trying to buy tickets for this game why do they not just release more tickets for Albion fans rather than trying to stop Brighton fans getting tickets in the forest stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's interesting that to buy a ticket in the forest end you have to have a ticket history of 3 years for a game that is of no interest to forest.so they are aware of non forest fans trying to buy tickets for this game why do they not just release more tickets for Albion fans rather than trying to stop Brighton fans getting tickets in the forest stand.

Because all other blocks in the stadium, including those immediately adjoining the away section, already have Forest fans with allocated seats within them.

Feb 14, 2010
Because all other blocks in the stadium, including those immediately adjoining the away section, already have Forest fans with allocated seats within them.

And to do what they used to do and just relocate people to another part of the ground is just too difficult for people who work for football clubs these days. Yep, men can be placed on the moon but they cant just say that if you buy a ticket in that area then you might be moved if situations like this come up. Nope far too difficult for club officials to have the foresight to think of that obviously. Some things are far better than they used to be and some things are just not. This is one of them.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Last season when we played forest we had 2800 in a crowd of 28000.

Forests last few home games have attracted little over 20000 so why have we been allocated fewer tickets in a crowd of 20000 that means nothing to forest that the 2800 we were given in a crowd of 28000 that meant something last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here