Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Skipper had a 'mare, Moises was uncharacteristically sloppy and Navas made some great saves. Fair play to Trees: they must have sensed that we were leggy, and they really upped the aggressiveness in the second half - we responded poorly. Forest fans were immense too - what a noise.
Pretty much this. Their second goal was the turning point and it was all of our own making. Dunk's pass to Caicedo was pointless, and put him under pressure.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Veltman would have been ideal for starters. Get gross back in midfield. Encisco is not good enough to start and nor is buonotte.

We need to pray fergie , wellbz and lallana are back fighting fit in the next 2 games.
Absolute Horseshit.

I wish the Mitoma pull backs had come to Julio and not MacAllister.
I watched him in the shooting drill before the game.... f*** me the boy can shoot.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That was tough. Tiredness certainly showed as the game went on. Passing wasn’t nice and sharp like it usually is. And Forest fought for their lives and took advantage of the 120+ mins in our legs.

All credit to the Forest fans … they were immense and very loud throughout!

Looking forward to crawling into my bed sometime after 2am!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Fine margins. Big deflection for their equaliser and Mitoma should have scored (brilliantly set up by Buona). What was noticeable tonight was the large number of unforced errors and misplaced passes. We also tired quite badly in the second half. I guess it was an inevitable result after Sunday. Hopefully RDZ can rally them for Sat.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No thanks.

Great away day and a club likely to struggle next season too.
Saints/Everton/Leeds all day long.
Each to his own , very happy for Leeds to go down, and one from Saints and Everton but Forest time wasting for me is a biggy as it's so antifootball.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Was there and thought the team selection was brilliant, we got hold of the game after about 10 mins and dominated the remainder of the first half. Their goal before HT knocked us back, then we tired and got caught.

We had glorious chances to get ahead and take the sting out of it. Unfortunately we didn't take those and then we tired. Go again Sat, need to recover more bodies and manage the minutes between Sat and end of the season. Few mistakes creeping in with tired legs cost us tonight, but only after we spurned the chances to really take hold of it after Steele's save.
Agree and given tired legs we really needed to avoid the intense passing game which only made things worse.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Each to his own , very happy for Leeds to go down, and one from Saints and Everton but Forest time wasting for me is a biggy as it's so antifootball.
We would do the same in their position.

No win in 11 games and fighting for their life.
Villa and Fulham is more unforgiveable.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
My main takeaways:

1. We look knackered (as we did for a lot of the game on Sunday). That’s causing some of the sloppiness/misplaced passes I think. No surprise when you think how many of our players have played pretty much every minute this season - Caicedo and Ali Mac must have run more yards than pretty much anyone this season and Mitoma also looks leggy, which is no surprise in his first PL season. No one to blame for this - we’re missing 3 midfielders if you include Mwepu and we don’t have any capable deputies for Mitoma and March. I’m sure squad depth is on the radar for the summer but I fear it’s going to kill our chances of Europe.

2. It’s games like this where you could do with a #9 like an Ivan Toney to find you a goal somehow and sneak your way through. Ferguson is our closest to that and is a big miss, which seems strange to be saying about such a young player.

3. I thought the ref had a good game, which seems incredible to say after conceding two pens and having a goal disallowed.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Was there and thought the team selection was brilliant, we got hold of the game after about 10 mins and dominated the remainder of the first half. Their goal before HT knocked us back, then we tired and got caught.

We had glorious chances to get ahead and take the sting out of it. Unfortunately we didn't take those and then we tired. Go again Sat, need to recover more bodies and manage the minutes between Sat and end of the season. Few mistakes creeping in with tired legs cost us tonight, but only after we spurned the chances to really take hold of it after Steele's save.
Spot on

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
....and you think after the inevitable deprivation(s) in the summer we'll have "the maturity and depth needed to kick on to the rarified heights we’ve only ever dreamed of" again?
Not at all. But then who said breaking into the big time without wads of petrodollars was ever going to be simple?

Veltman would have been ideal for starters. Get gross back in midfield. Encisco is not good enough to start and nor is buonotte.

We need to pray fergie , wellbz and lallana are back fighting fit in the next 2 games.
So that’s one different player who is coming off an injury. Ok

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don’t see a lot of players waiting in the wings who have showed they’ve got what it takes to win the kind of war that Forest made it tonight. The young Argentine lad did ok. Colwill was going to come in as him and Webster are close rivals. But can’t see anything else. Not sure who we would have dropped in midfield to make way for Gilmour
Indeed, and I've read similar elsewhere.

Hindsighters making all kinds of claims as to players who oh-so-obviously shouldn't have started today as they were tired.

They don't seem to have really thought through who, exactly, was going to come in that would have transformed that team into a lean, mean, slick, passing and scoring machine.

Mitoma was out of it, apparently, and should not have started. Is that the same Mitoma who created the best chance of the match - spurned by Enciso, and busted a gut in a fast counter, to have a one-on-one he should have scored himself? On another night he has a goal and an assist and we almost certainly don't lose.

I must be missing something as some folk seem to think we have a Man City strength bench just sitting there and RDZ didn't call upon them when he should...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Indeed, and I've read similar elsewhere.

Hindsighters making all kinds of claims as to players who oh-so-obviously shouldn't have started today as they were tired.

They don't seem to have really thought through who, exactly, was going to come in that would have transformed that team into a lean, mean, slick, passing and scoring machine.

Mitoma was out of it, apparently, and should not have started. Is that the same Mitoma who created the best chance of the match - spurned by Enciso, and busted a gut in a fast counter, to have a one-on-one he should have scored himself? On another night he has a goal and an assist and we almost certainly don't lose.

I must be missing something as some folk seem to think we have a Man City strength bench just sitting there and RDZ didn't call upon them when he should...
Mitoma was not at his best but we didn't use him very well, no good giving him the ball when there are 4 players marking him. He was in acres of space on many occasions yet we continued to play the ball slowly through the middle.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm not nervous at all. I'm confident of the win. Forest have no cohesion - they only have any kind of chance through brute force, luck, or individual brilliance.... but it's a team game. We're going to win this. Quote me on that.
For the love of God, please chuck your "I can predict the future" shit and stop making yourself look a CJTC

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just got home shit journey with roadworks and closures
Regarding game tiredness and lack of squad depth now catching up on us can we make Europe personally think we will come up short for not strengthening in Jan

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just in after multiple road closures and diversion…..perfect end to a great evening :rolleyes:
After a poor first 15 mins we woke up and controlled the rest of the first half, they got lucky with a deflection and we missed a couple of decent chances. They ran us a bit ragged in the second half, our tiredness was no match for their effort and aggression, supported by a noisy home crowd and we made too many simple mistakes. Not going to dig out any players, they were clearly knackered.

Worried about Saturday as no real recovery time.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just in after multiple road closures and diversion…..perfect end to a great evening :rolleyes:
After a poor first 15 mins we woke up and controlled the rest of the first half, they got lucky with a deflection and we missed a couple of decent chances. They ran us a bit ragged in the second half, our tiredness was no match for their effort and aggression, supported by a noisy home crowd and we made too many simple mistakes. Not going to dig out any players, they were clearly knackered.

Worried about Saturday as no real recovery time.
Just in here too. What a terrible journey home.
Tired in mind and body. Both the players and me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here