Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are so wasteful and in this incredibly competitive competition, we cannot afford to miss opportunities. I live for the day that Mac Allistair shoots accurately, when it's not a penalty shot. In all seriousness, the club needs to find a way to get into the heads of the players. Hypnotherapy maybe?
Maybe we aren't that good, and have been playing out of our skin, like Leicester did when they won the league, owing to stars aligning magically. We have overachieved, and are due a bit of underachievement (albeit with an upswing in luck would ne nice).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just cannot in a month of Sundays see that happening. Veltman hopefully will be back, allowing Gross to return to the middle, and fully expect Mac Alister, Caicedo and Estupinan to be playing unless they have knocks. He'd have to lock Dunk in a cupboard somewhere for him not to start. Think the manager will allow the players to get back on track rather than resting a load of them. Hopefully one of Welbeck / Ferguson is fit to start.
Stop all this sensible talk. We need to remove stubborn de Zerbi now, and replace him with a proven manager. Curbs is available.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’m pretty sure lessons have been learned by RDZ, I expect our line up Saturday to be something like (assuming no Ferguson, Lallana, Moder)

Steele
Veltman, Van Hecke, Webster, Colwill
Ayari, Gilmour
Buonanotte Enciso Mitoma
Welbeck
This should be the team towards the end of the game.

The way we could manage workload better is to use more subs earlier than we currently are. And be prepared to bring off key players, Dunk, Caicedo etc when the game is in the balance. There was nothing wrong with our first half performance last night.

We need to be in the habit now of making 4 subs between 50 and 65 mins in each and every game until the end of the season to keep our stars as fresh we can for this run in

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Maybe we aren't that good, and have been playing out of our skin, like Leicester did when they won the league, owing to stars aligning magically. We have overachieved, and are due a bit of underachievement (albeit with an upswing in luck would ne nice).
Also, as other others have mentioned, our style is quite intensive, both physically and mentally. If we are struggling a bit at the moment with fatigue, due to the number of games we have been playing and injuries, which looks to be the case, maybe we have benefited earlier in the season by having some games postponed, with extra rest.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why does today feel like the morning after the night before, I actually feel worse than after the Manchester United defeat....
There is more at stake than a final against the juggernaut that is Manchester City....

The dread of a sublime seasons hard work attempting to achieve European football for the first time in our history, drifting off into the sunset as a distant dream....

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think a couple of months ago all the chances Mitoma has had in the last 3 or 4 games he would of scored,
we can’t keep missing these chances in games and expect to win

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fans of the season. Didn't get to speak to any and that 'we saw you crying on TV' chant was a bit below the belt, but the noise from the city ground was loud. Pre kick off the PA kept us away fans quiet because it just wasn't worth competing. I do wonder if some clubs turn it up at the away end just to keep us quiet. But when Mull of Kintyre started the ground just errupted and all four sides sang in unison for the rest of the game. 12th man? More like the full subs bench and hats off to them.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Fans of the season. Didn't get to speak to any and that 'we saw you crying on TV' chant was a bit below the belt, but the noise from the city ground was loud. Pre kick off the PA kept us away fans quiet because it just wasn't worth competing. I do wonder if some clubs turn it up at the away end just to keep us quiet. But when Mull of Kintyre started the ground just errupted and all four sides sang in unison for the rest of the game. 12th man? More like the full subs bench and hats off to them.
Beat me to it. Fantastic vocal support. By far the best I've heard all season on the road.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Loads of very complimentary tweets from knowledgeable Forest fans last night about our club and fans ... that we are the model for how to run a club successfully ... what a great owner TB is ... style of football etc etc.

It was a bit of a love in really ... but helped pass the hours while we negotiated three motorway closures! I didn't get home until 4am this morning.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think a couple of months ago all the chances Mitoma has had in the last 3 or 4 games he would of scored,
we can’t keep missing these chances in games and expect to win
I'm mildly concerned about Mitoma. He's probably knackered, and understandably so.

Asked to play 90 minutes of every single game and he gets through a huge amount of running.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm mildly concerned about Mitoma. He's probably knackered, and understandably so.

Asked to play 90 minutes of every single game and he gets through a huge amount of running.
Agreed. Ever since RDZ it’s impossible to drop / sub him he’s not been quite right.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Likewise, they were excellent. Somehow even better than Leeds, incredible as that may seem :oops:

Noise alerts going off last night!!

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.58.16.png

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Interestingly though the Albion support came across loud and clear on the telly for most of the first half, except the obvious flash points of the penalty and the goal, I barely heard a whisper from the Forest fans. The goal before half time completely changed everything, and both players and fans were bang up for it in the second half.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
... but helped pass the hours while we negotiated three motorway closures! I didn't get home until 4am this morning.
Us too, somehow we ended up driving round ashford for half an hour, before getting back to where we'd been and having to start diversion no. 3 all over again :facepalm:

Knew there was a reason we usually take the train!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Change the advertising behind him, lose about 3ft in height and suddenly the message feels very Albion

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I agree Forest fans were properly loud 2nd half, best home crowd I've seen this season. And mostly behind their team rather than taking the piss out of us, although their March 'telly' chant rankled. Most we encountered before & after the game were pretty decent friendly chaps too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here