Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest Fan In Peace

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think that might be over my head. Clough took Forest on a monster unbeaten run in the 70s (surpassed by the Arsenal invincibles or something), but we didn't end it did we (don't think we were in the same division) :shrug:

Well I must have dreamt my day in Nottingham then. A game played on a bog with Forest missing a penalty that didn't even reach the goal getting stuck in the mud at the Trent End. Followed up by a day out in Liverpool where we did the same thing 1-0. Oh happy dreams

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I must have dreamt my day in Nottingham then. A game played on a bog with Forest missing a penalty that didn't even reach the goal getting stuck in the mud at the Trent End. Followed up by a day out in Liverpool where we did the same thing 1-0. Oh happy dreams
It's alright, we're all up to date now. I've learned that Forest had an unbeaten home league record, which we ended. The only unbeated record I had heard about was there year long record (which finished a year before we played them), which Arsenal bettered - that was a different record.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We were bottom and coming off an absolute 4-0 tonking by Arsenal and totally out of our depth. They were 1st or 2nd and unbeaten forever at home. It was also, I believe, Tony Woodcocks final game before a big move to Germany.

In desparation Mullery needed new players so who did he get, well some hasbeen from Blackpool's reserves, Blackpool of Div 3. Peter Suddaby, drafted into the cente of defence. Mark Lawernson, patched up from injury to make up the numbers in midfield. Lambs to the slaughter......

Certainly up there as one of the most fantastic, gutsy & heroric performances I've ever seen, the stuff of dreams!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We were bottom and coming off an absolute 4-0 tonking by Arsenal and totally out of our depth. They were 1st or 2nd and unbeaten forever at home. It was also, I believe, Tony Woodcocks final game before a big move to Germany.

In desparation Mullery needed new players so who did he get, well some hasbeen from Blackpool's reserves, Blackpool of Div 3. Peter Suddaby, drafted into the cente of defence. Mark Lawernson, patched up from injury to make up the numbers in midfield. Lambs to the slaughter......

Certainly up there as one of the most fantastic, gutsy & heroric performances I've ever seen, the stuff of dreams!

Only watched it on MOTD..but was memorable

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was there, it was an amazing game, backs to the wall for most of the game
Never watched a clock as much as that game....Suddabys signing was inspired
Remember the awful pitch and Tony Woodcock having a mare

BEN12360

Dec 30, 2012
Hi Pal, nice post..........could you give me some road names of where is best to park please?? Cheers

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes we did. Wasn't it Gerry Ryan who scored? We also ended Liverpool's very long unbeaten run at about the same time.

Weren't we also the first team to get the double over them in years that season? I might be wrong as i was just wee young scamp at the time!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This is now the second morning I've woken up dreaming of the forest game yesterday I woke myself up at 4:30 am celebrating a Brighton goal but I can't remember who scored I've just woken up again 5;30 am but this time the dream was so vivid and Vicente scored a 1-0 winner in the 95th minute!!! This is 100% true
God knows why I'm dreaming about the forest game it's still a week away yet

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Weren't we also the first team to get the double over them in years that season? I might be wrong as i was just wee young scamp at the time!

Yes, we did do the double over them that season. Left back Gary Williams smashed a 25-yarder past Peter Shilton into the top corner in front of the South Stand on a sunny day at the Goldstone if memory serves.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Really looking forward to this game, we are going to be taking a massive following and it's a huge game for the both of us. Are forest expected to sell out?

And not to forget, the debut of GLAD ULLOA

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Only a few will get that one...i like it! :thumbsup:

arrrr happy days I remember singing every minute down to the end of the match after we scored at Forrest to end their long unbeaten run at least I thing we ended it at their place. Memory not what it used to be.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Some things don't change eh?... "We should be beating teams like Brighton".... Mr Clough was such a character.

I remember Kenny Burns being everyone's pantomime villain that day....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really looking forward to this game, we are going to be taking a massive following and it's a huge game for the both of us. Are forest expected to sell out?

And not to forget, the debut of GLAD ULLOA

Me too .. I'd like to seethe club really pushing this game and trying to sell out the whole stand. Thankfully I don't think it's a "must win" but if we can sneak it then we'll be odds on for sure

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Last year I parked in the Notts County car park. Would recommend it to others.

I think theres a couple of car parks near notts county ground.I parked there last season,only a 5 min walk over the bridge to ground.Anyone got a good pre match boozer?.were going to ye olde trip to jeruselem on the friday night,but want a good one near ground on sat

nottinghamred

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Pal, nice post..........could you give me some road names of where is best to park please?? Cheers

If you search "Loughborough Road Dental Practice, Loughborough Road, Nottingham" just before it on the oposite side of the road there is always spaces there! and about a 5 minute walk from ground! i always park there! hope it helps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here