Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest Fan In Peace

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Games on the run in are easier to judge in my view.

Simply ask yourself which team wants to win the most. In my view Brighton v Palace, that was us as we desperately needed the win to get back on track, Palace were more comforatable in the play offs.

For this one clearly both teams would take a win, but perhaps both will be thinking we can't lose one, therefore seems like a nailed on draw to me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes. Imagine if Nottingham Forest went on a massive unbeaten run. And then had it ended by a team from, say, Brighton. That would be historically unheard of.... wouldn't it....
Loverly, and it was on MOTD when we got back, a rarity in itself in those days. European Champions,... pah!!

BaconSaver

Oct 4, 2012
Games on the run in are easier to judge in my view.

Simply ask yourself which team wants to win the most. In my view Brighton v Palace, that was us as we desperately needed the win to get back on track, Palace were more comforatable in the play offs.

For this one clearly both teams would take a win, but perhaps both will be thinking we can't lose one, therefore seems like a nailed on draw to me.

Wouldn't Palace have moved up to an auto promotion spot if they won though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. Imagine if Nottingham Forest went on a massive unbeaten run. And then had it ended by a team from, say, Brighton. That would be historically unheard of.... wouldn't it....
Only a few will get that one...i like it! :thumbsup:
I think that might be over my head. Clough took Forest on a monster unbeaten run in the 70s (surpassed by the Arsenal invincibles or something), but we didn't end it did we (don't think we were in the same division) :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think that might be over my head. Clough took Forest on a monster unbeaten run in the 70s (surpassed by the Arsenal invincibles or something), but we didn't end it did we (don't think we were in the same division) :shrug:

Yes we did. Wasn't it Gerry Ryan who scored? We also ended Liverpool's very long unbeaten run at about the same time.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012

Nice one edna. Maybe we could put Gerry Ryan on the bench Saturday week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes we did. Wasn't it Gerry Ryan who scored?
It looks like Forest's run went from 26th Nov 77 to 25th Nov 78, and they were finally beaten on the 9th Dec, 78, by Liverpool. We were in the 2nd division at the time. We beat Forest twice the following season, but that's got nothing to do with their run.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only a few will get that one...i like it! :thumbsup:
With help from Gerry Ryan ?
just what I thought of :D
Loverly, and it was on MOTD when we got back, a rarity in itself in those days. European Champions,... pah!!
Yes we did. Wasn't it Gerry Ryan who scored?
Nice one edna. Maybe we could put Gerry Ryan on the bench Saturday week.
And I was there to see it as well...
To see what? Have you all had the same weird dream? We didn't end Forest's long unbeaten run.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It looks like Forest's run went from 26th Nov 77 to 25th Nov 78, and they were finally beaten on the 9th Dec, 78, by Liverpool. We were in the 2nd division at the time. We beat Forest twice the following season, but that's got nothing to do with their run.

We beat Forest 0 - 1 in November 1979 to end their 51 match unbeaten HOME run.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To see what? Have you all had the same weird dream? We didn't end Forest's long unbeaten run.

I think you'll find we did , Forest had been unbeaten at home for 51 league games and we also did the double over them the same season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We beat Forest 0 - 1 in November 1979 to end their 51 match unbeaten HOME run.
I think you'll find we did , Forest had been unbeaten at home for 51 league games and we also did the double over them the same season.
Ah, thank you. So they went unbeaten for one year, but that ended in Nov 78. But they remained unbeaten at home until we beat them in Nov 79. Got it :thumbsup:

In fact, they lost at home to Arsenal on the 26th Feb 79, in the cup. So... we ended their 51 game unbeated, at home, in the league run. Christ, we sound like Palace.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Ah, thank you. So they went unbeaten for one year, but that ended in Nov 78. But they remained unbeaten at home until we beat them in Nov 79. Got it :thumbsup:

In fact, they lost at home to Arsenal on the 26th Feb 79, in the cup. So... we ended their 51 game unbeated, at home, in the league run. Christ, we sound like Palace.

I didn't manage to get to many away games in those days (young family, mortgage etc.) but was lucky enough to be able to go to the Forest game. Even though it was nearly 34 years ago it's funny how you remember certain things. God knows how we won that game, Forest must have had about 85% posession and Graham Mosely even saved a penalty, they threw everything but the kitchen sink at us but we held on. We stood on an open terrace with wire fencing and a gap seperating us from the Forest fans. I remember one Forest fan with unfortunately large buck teeth pressed up against the wire fence giving us the large one, this was quickly followed by several chorus's from us of "Does your dentist know you're here" :lol:
Happy days.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

But that's not quite right as we've not incorrectly claimed that we were the FIRST team to win at Forest. ;)

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Lansbury out injured???

England have confirmed it's a bruised shin, so not as bad as first feared, although that can still be enough to put someone out for a few weeks is it's a bad one.

Hopefully he'll be okay, as he's been in good form recently. Although McGugan has come off the bench in the last 3 and scored each time, so not a bad replacement! He just doesn't put in as much of a shift as Lansbury does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here